What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please help me decide which seeds to pop first!!

FJ2000

After an almost 2 decade hiatus from “growing” ( in retrospect the grows of my early 20’s were totally out of control with over veg’ed sativas running up into lights fired by obnoxiously loud magnatic ballasts in rooms with little ventilation, I’m lucky I didn’t start a fire or get clipped by the fuze)
I’ve decided to take another shot. This time I’ve got a secure basement room with good ventilation, I installed a dedicated circuit to code to run my setup in a 2x4x7 w/ Solis tek ST600 ballast, Can Max Pro ( haven’t decide which size filter to run yet). Got the 600 figuring to dim to 400 for the 2x4 for a few grows then move it to a 4x4 for flower and get a T5 for the 2x4 to use as a veg tent.
I’m using coco, I have a stash of GH 3 part that I use in my kitchen DWC system( basil, lettuce..) so I’d like to use that before maybe moving over to soil at some point in the future. I’ve got ec, pH meters, all that stuff from my DWC setup. Been lurking the forums for awhile and rereading Clarke’s MJ botany, so i think I’m ready to roll.
So here’s the seed stash I’ve acquired..
10 Seedsman Skunk #1 Reg
10 Nirvana Northern Lights Reg
10 Nirvana White Widow Reg
I have a bunch of Fems and autos in 2,3 and 5 packs
Seedsman Cheese fem 3
Nirvana OG Kush auto 5
Nirvana Aurora Indica 2
Greenhouse Kings Kush 2
And a few more I’m gonna hold off on.

Was thinking about running say 5 of one type of the regular seeds for the first three grows and save the fem seeds for a time when I can do cuttings. With the remaining 5 of the regs try to seed a few buds to get more seeds.
I’d love to run the skunk first but feel maybe Northern lights might let me get the ventilation system settled without blasting it with the stank, wife is totally cool but I do need a little stealth.
I’m really looking forward to growing those old school strains from the 80’s and 90’s, I know they are not the same but even if I can touch a little of the vibe that the OG’s of the game did it’d be sweet. Getting gear is so cheap and easy now, I have mad respect for the old heads who were coming up with this stuff in the basements and attics all while dodging the cops or busting out to Amsterdam.
What do you guys think, which seeds should I run first?
Thanks, I’m psyched to start this new adventure.
Peace!!

FJ2000

Troutman,
How do you feel about running multiple strains in that small a space? Cool if they’re all say indica dominat hybrids?
Was thinking to run the Aurora fem with a few NL regs.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aurora Indica should run well with NL.

Lets see some pics once ya get the ball rollin.

FJ2000

Well the last 3 weeks was a train-wreck...started with 7 seeds, used the paper towel method on 5 NL and
2 Aurora
Both Aurora popped..got some growth and then lost one to damping off I assume. 2 of the 5 NL popped, one is left after damping off again...
I planted into some Cyco Wormix and I think that it’s to heavy.. going rapid rooters next time.
So with only 2 plants left I attempted to pop 5 more NL.. one germinated and it’s devlepoing it’s first set of leaves, also germed 2 Kings Kush. These 3 have some catching up to do but was hoping to top and train the first NL and Aurora. See what happens.
Lessons learned, no cyco Wormix for seedlings and don’t put a 2’ 200 T5 light to close to seedlings 🙄

The Aurora
attachment.php

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
That sucks you lost seedlings, but it sounds like ya learned something, so in the long run that's a Win. :huggg:
pour.gif

I’m running some seedsman cheese right now and it’s been a pleasure. I see you have some of those as well. I’ve got 3 distinct phenos 2 of which are really short and stout and the other is a bit taller. All good choices for your tent. Good luck with everything. I’ve had the best luck the past few runs with the rapid rooters for both seeds and cuttings.

FJ2000

I’m running some seedsman cheese right now and it’s been a pleasure. I see you have some of those as well. I’ve got 3 distinct phenos 2 of which are really short and stout and the other is a bit taller. All good choices for your tent. Good luck with everything. I’ve had the best luck the past few runs with the rapid rooters for both seeds and cuttings.

I’m planing to try that cheese when I do the skunk #1 pack. This current run leans indica so next I’d like to do more sativa leaning hybrids.

Here’s that Aurora Indica pic from my current go at it.....

My wife dug up some old pics of my last grow in 1998/99! Sent cash to Holland and a month later a mixed indoor pack showed up! Going to try and find harvest pics... was a super senior at a southwest university, showed up to a final party with a freezer bag of buds and some of those rolling papers that came on a long roll, blazed that whole party out, told everyone I grew it! 2 days later we (future wife) moved outta town for good.. see yeah later, we’re ghost! The stink in that apartment was dumb!!

Couple more in the next post

FJ2000

Transplant yet?

Transplant yet?

The Aurora and NL are moving along under the 2’x8 T5, time to transplant yet? I’ve been watering daily at .55ec, they’re still a little damp the next day but I run fresh solution though the coco.
I’m getting the feeling it’s time to transplant, just got some great white so I plan to hit em with that.
Thoughts?
Thanks!!
FJ

MintyMick

I ran NL from Nirvana. I would recommend 10/10.

And I use a humidity dome with a light on top of a standard 20 x 10 plant flat. I fill dixie cups about half full of FF ocean forest and as they grow I add a little more soil. I’ve had good luck with this and the soil isn’t too heavy with nutes and it doesn’t burn seedlings.

FJ2000

I’ve not had much luck with Nirvanas NL..
Of the original 10 pack I’ve got one left, low germination and me being overzealous with water and light.
And now.... possibly nute burn!
I’ve started using the head formula 6/9 and was hand watering once an day...I was at 710ppm (little hot) the Aurora loved it and so did the NL.
Moved into the tent with a 600 watt 4000K MH dialed down to 400 and they took off. I started moving the light down slowly after a couple days and they seemed fine, then bam! Came home and one leaf was soft and droopy and one blade of another was curled up like a tube.
When I went to touch it man hand felt hot, hmmm, hotspot maybe?
Wonder if I burn the leaves with the lamp.. it was about 30” away but I distinctly remember thinking, “wow hot”
Have since set up a dripper and running the solution diluted to 480/90ppm

FJ2000

Do your Nirvana Aurora Indica at least. :tiphat:
The Aurora has been a trooper.. I’ve been beating this thing up and she’s still growing well...
Going to top her let her veg for a week and transplant into final 3 gallon smart pot for a another week then flower.

FJ2000

Quick update, the AI is coming along well, still in the 1.75 gallon and getting watered to run off twice a day at 380pp. I just topped it for a second time and will be building a scrog net with 3/4 PVC. Think I should up the ppm? It’s preflowering female which is nice.
Waiting for the KK to catch up a little, won’t yield as much as the AI butshould fill in any space left.

I think that damn NL is a male... ugh
Should I get a 2x2 and flower it? It’s a nice looking plant but not sure if I’m ready for the hassle

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
looking good

looking good

Those plants look really good with the ppm your giving them. If it were me, I would wait to raise the ppm until transplanting in the larger smart pot. After she gets all settled in her new home and starts growing bigger roots then bring it up. The ppms your are giving now, suit the plant well for the size of the plant.

AI from nirvana is sweet! What i like about it most is the big ball trichomes. I saw a AI clone grow into a baseball bat in 75 days! That untopped clone looked like something from outer space. Couch lock!