What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lebanese

Im'One

I grew ten of the Hermie origin ace seeds and only one didn't Hermie so.I.kept her and bred her to a male from another Lebanese line called TLT...then grew another set of plants from a supplier whose initials are RSC. These were very compact and began flowering at 16/8 because they were in small pots. I like the way they smelled and the high ain't bad. I will keep some RSC pure lines and cross some.others. I had pollen donated from another couple of Lebanese lines as well. I saved some RSC Lebanese pollen and have some from a certain Willie g line as well. I should have plenty of genetic diversity

revegeta666

@dubi & co. I have a few questions about the Lebanese and thought to ask them here in case they would be helpful to anyone else. I am not used to autoflowering plants, so they are mainly about this subject.

My plan for next year is to have 2-3 outdoor crops, using light deprivation when needed.

Let's say I started growing the lebanese plants in march/april (43º N). I assume the plants would start flowering when their biological clock triggers, and would ignore the increase in daylight hours that would happen during their flowering, correct? That way I could use them as some people use commercial autos for a spring harvest, without having to bring them inside to deprive them from light.

I also have a little patch of lawn, next to my kitchen window. This place would be ideal to grow a big plant in spring/summer but normal photoperiod plants wouldn't be able to flower due to the residual light from the kitchen. Would the Lebanese plants not care about this either? Could they have a full flowering cycle like this with no issues or increased hermie risks?

Lastly, as I told you before dubi, for this year I would like to just try out the Lebanese and would rather not have them grow too big because I already have too many plants. After growing them in a smaller 7L pot, would they benefit from transplanting them to a bigger pot once the stretch is finished? I mean would this benefit the bud production, without allowing the plants to get too big? If yes, what would be the best timing for the transplant?

Thanks,

goingrey

I also have a little patch of lawn, next to my kitchen window. This place would be ideal to grow a big plant in spring/summer but normal photoperiod plants wouldn't be able to flower due to the residual light from the kitchen. Would the Lebanese plants not care about this either? Could they have a full flowering cycle like this with no issues or increased hermie risks?

That's one brightly lit kitchen..

episode-image-400x225.jpg

goingrey

That's a hallway sir. But thanks for.your help.

It's Kenny Rogers Roasters, from beyond the hallway and the apartment across the hallway. :D

But come on man.. The light from your kitchen won't mess up a plant in your garden. You're overthinking it.

revegeta666

I may have missed that episode haha.

As for my kitchen light, the spot is 2m away from the kitchen window. I use the same kitchen window to prevent my other plants from flowering, 25m away. The day I want them to start flowering, I move them behind the wall and they start flowering immediately.

Edit: I actually went to measure the distance 🤣🤣 It's more like 15-18m, not 25.

Last edited:

goingrey

I may have missed that episode haha.

As for my kitchen light, the spot is 2m away from the kitchen window. I use the same kitchen window to prevent my other plants from flowering, 25m away. The day I want them to start flowering, I move them behind the wall and they start flowering immediately.

Edit: I actually went to measure the distance 🤣🤣 It's more like 15-18m, not 25.

Really, wow. Well I stand corrected. But are you planning to keep other plants from flowering this year? I guess you don't need to keep the kitchen lights on all night if not.. Being far away from the equator that is totally foreign to me, I want them flowering sooner rather than later.

revegeta666

Really, wow. Well I stand corrected. But are you planning to keep other plants from flowering this year? I guess you don't need to keep the kitchen lights on all night if not.. Being far away from the equator that is totally foreign to me, I want them flowering sooner rather than later.
Well to be fair to you, I discovered this by accident last summer when I moved here, I didn't think they would be prevented from flowering either, and placed the plants on the end of the terrace. But they weren't flowering by august 20th or so (some of them afghan), and that's how I realised it was the kitchen window.

I don't think I have to leave the lights on all night either, 1 or 2 hours of light is enough to break their dark cycle if I'm not mistaken. At the moment I am trying to figure out how to best use this to my advantage, so I can have 3 different harvests between may and october. This is because I don't want to have a lot of plants at the same time for stealth reasons. Also, electricity cost is through the roof at the moment and I would like to avoid growing indoors if I can. So, some of them are being light deprived and flowering, others not, and I was thinking this kind of semi-autoflowering plant would be useful in my situation.

Last edited:

The Zientist

Veteran
It's Kenny Rogers Roasters, from beyond the hallway and the apartment across the hallway. :D

But come on man.. The light from your kitchen won't mess up a plant in your garden. You're overthinking it.
Most definitely it can. For a good reference on the amount of light that can break the night cycle threshold, you can just grab a book and try reading it. If you can't, it's a good sign and there's a high probability that the light contamination isn't enough to trigger them.
If you can, it will most certainly be enough light pollution to pose a problem.

I don't recall the exact umol/m2/s of photons, though often times it isn't useful since it's rare for one to have access to such sensors.

I would suggest a straight day-neutral/autoflowering variety over one that has auto flowering tendencies aka semi-auto.
A friend of mine was delighted with his Zamaldelica auto.

Have fun!

Last edited:

revegeta666

Most definitely it can. For a good reference on the amount of light that can break the night cycle threshold, you can just grab a book and try reading it. If you can't, it's a good sign and there's a high probability that the light contamination isn't enough to trigger them.
If you can, it will most certainly be enough light pollution to pose a problem.

I don't recall the exact mmol/m2/h of photons, though often times it isn't useful since it's rare for one to have access to such sensors.

I would suggest a straight day-neutral/autoflowering variety over one that has auto flowering tendencies aka semi-auto.
A friend of mine was delighted with his Zamaldelica auto.

Have fun!
Thanks for the recommendation, but I am not looking for autoflowering strains. I would rather grow photoperiodic plants and force flower them. I just wanted to try the lebanese because I am looking for CBD rich hashplants, and because it is somewhat autoflowering I was wondering if I can use it in this fashion.

If I understand they are "semi-autoflowering" because they will start to flower when the roots fill the pot, but are they also able to ignore photoperiod like commercial autos?

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
20 Pages done! :dance013: Reading backwards. :biggrin:

--------
Screenshot_20220604-173933_Chrome.jpg

Besides from the great pictures here, there is so many knowledge. You can tell there are experienced growers and can find a lot good general growing tips/facts and not only about the lebanese... very interesting, thanks. 😎

And i love this picture! So beautifully composed. 👌 Like to use that as a wallpaper if it's ok!? ✌️:giggle:

@revegeta666
Cool Name. ;)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello my friends,
It's been a few years now since I've had any of the great Ace Lebanese growing. This season I have two 35 gallon grow bags with Lebanese and one 35 gallon grow bag with China Yunnan in it.

They are only seedlings right now, I will post pictures when they're all bigger. There is some very beautiful plants being shared in this thread, keep up the great work.
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello my friends,
I hope you all are having a great 4th of July. Here is some pictures of some of my Ace gear this season. I didn't take any pictures of the Auto Zamaldelica yet. This is China Yunnan and two Lebanese plants.
20220704_142249.jpg
20220704_142415.jpg
20220704_142427.jpg

I will put up some pictures again when they are heavy with buds.
Peace farmerlion

Maple_Flail

so a quick question..

semi autoflowering... does that mean there is a/are pheno(s) that do no autoflower? if so, what kinda ratio do they show up in..

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
@dubi & co. I have a few questions about the Lebanese and thought to ask them here in case they would be helpful to anyone else. I am not used to autoflowering plants, so they are mainly about this subject.

My plan for next year is to have 2-3 outdoor crops, using light deprivation when needed.

Let's say I started growing the lebanese plants in march/april (43º N). I assume the plants would start flowering when their biological clock triggers, and would ignore the increase in daylight hours that would happen during their flowering, correct? That way I could use them as some people use commercial autos for a spring harvest, without having to bring them inside to deprive them from light.

Lastly, as I told you before dubi, for this year I would like to just try out the Lebanese and would rather not have them grow too big because I already have too many plants. After growing them in a smaller 7L pot, would they benefit from transplanting them to a bigger pot once the stretch is finished? I mean would this benefit the bud production, without allowing the plants to get too big? If yes, what would be the best timing for the transplant?

Thanks,

Hi @revegeta666 sorry for not replying earlier.

Lebanese is not fully autoflowering like our Auto Malawi x NL or Auto Zamaldelica. At your 43ºN latitude, Lebaneses sown in April will continue growing like a normal photoperiod plant, but showing earlier flowering onset in July than most photoperiod genetics, especially if you compare Lebanese with other sativa photoperiod non semi autoflowering strains.

Only fully autoflowering strains are 'immune' to light contamination. Semi autoflowering genetics like Lebanese can still feel changes in photoperiod and will be stressed with interruptions of their night time photoperiod.

As a true sativa, Lebanese root system is still pretty active in early flowering, so its root system will continue expanding until at least mid flowering, so a transplant after early flowering stretching can still be benefitial to increase yields and improve their health for the rest of the flowering process.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A pleasure to meet some of your this season greenhouse plants farmerlion :love: Thanks for revisiting our Lebanese, wish this year Lebanese perform as good as your first grow with this genetics. Both chinitas looks cute and heatlhy as well. Good luck friend!

Latest posts

Latest posts