What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bangi Haze x Ethiopian regular limited edition

CowboyTed

HUZZAH!!!Hoooray!! Another one popped out! I had given up but the knowledge that some seeds take up to a month to germinate kept me moistening and checking once in a while... 22 days after planting another one has emerged! Buoyed by this discovery I promptly investigated EVERY seed and found two more that were swollen but had not popped open. Those two are soaking in some water to see if a radical will emerge.

I am elated to have two specimens to work with! Now at the very least I can do a fem repro and explore the seed.:woohoo:

Hey, great news! Congrats!

Sadly, my BHE girl (who showed sex today) is struggling, along with all the other plants I'm growing, with root aphids.

She's still hanging in there, so I haven't culled her yet, but she's already looking chlorotic, so I suspect the end is near.

Happily, I have that little clone. It will be much easier to kill the aphids on the little clone, with her roots limited to a 2 inch rockwool cube, so I may get to grow my BHE girl yet.

She's about to get a root rinse with H2O2.

Ilan

Hello Everyone,
My first post here. I was tracking this thread, and got the time to put a few picture of my Ace sampler grow with Bangi Haze x Ethiopian

I'm growing in a 35x65 cm 80 cm height, with 150 LED COB light.

3 seeds poped in water less that 24 hours and grow very strong. I had new soil fertilizer and water supply that was too acidic, so after 2 weeks they kind of froze for a few weeks. I even manged to kill a Bangi Haze infant :( began flowing at about 7 weeks from seek.
toped them at 5th node. got very nice even grow from all nodes, not like other strains that will just split to two branches.

left the BHE and PHM for the first week of flowering (11-13) in the 0.5 liter pot, good decision for the PHM, but not ideal for the BHE. I got only one female, hoped for two...
the Orient Express free seed I got was moved to the bigger pot at day 0, and exploded in size.

the BHE had a very fast move to flowering, I'm not sure if it's typical
genetics, or the small pot and some stress from slow establishment.

I added a young Kali China and a Zamaldelica once I realized I have some room, and not wait for the next cycle.

Very happy with the grow. that last grow I did was Haze Skunk, 15 years ago, that was very good compared to commercial stuff available, but a little to sleepy for me. I can't wait to experience Ace seeds genetics.

Bangi Haze x Ethiopian 1st day flowering.
picture.php

View image in gallery

2nd week flowering
right : Purple Haze x Malawi
back right: Kali China
mid front : Bangi Haze x Ethiopian
left back : Orient Express
left front old F2 Haze Stunk from 15 years ago

Bangi Haze x Ethiopian Week 2
Bangi Haze x Ethiopia 3rd week flowering
4th week flowering.
Purple : Purple Haze x Malawi
Red : Kali China (3rd week)
Yellow : Zamaldelica (2nd week)
Blue : Bangi Haze x Ethiopian
Green : a hint of Orient Express

CowboyTed

Those plants look far more healthy than mine. Damn aphids!

Here's hoping you have smooth sailing between now and harvest, Ilan!

Last edited:

robotwithdreams

Veteran
Hello Ilan,

Thanks for joining us!! Wow, you are doing great with less than a couple hundred watts. The plants look very happy. Best of luck with a strong finish.

Ilan

CowboyTed, How is your plant doing ? Did you consider taking multiple clones out of your plant? if they root in a few weeks, you can go to sog like grow, and not loose to much time. I personally would just use chemical pesticides before flowering begins. transplanting to a smaller pot will make controlling root health easier.

Thanks robotwithdreams,
its only 150W but in a very small area, with good reflecting walls. I saw a few other growers with similar setups getting good results.

CowboyTed

CowboyTed, How is your plant doing ? Did you consider taking multiple clones out of your plant? if they root in a few weeks, you can go to sog like grow, and not loose to much time. I personally would just use chemical pesticides before flowering begins. transplanting to a smaller pot will make controlling root health easier.

Thanks robotwithdreams,
its only 150W but in a very small area, with good reflecting walls. I saw a few other growers with similar setups getting good results.

Ilan, I did take cuttings from several of my infected plants, including the BHxE. The cuttings all look great, so I'll be able to preserve the genetics I have. My adult plants are looking much better now, and I seem to have the aphids under control at the moment.

Oddly, I cut my Zamaldelica seedling, which appeared to be on the edge of dying from the root aphids. When I separated it from the dying roots and placed it into the cloner, it perked up and looks happy again. I did something similar with the BHxE. I already had a cutting I took when I topped it, before it went into flower. I also cut one branch off after the plant started to show the aphid damage as it went into flower. (apparently it's common for aphid-damaged plants to look healthy in veg, but immediately show their sickness after flipping into flower, and that was true of several of my plants.)

Both BHxE cuttings are looking healthy now, even the cutting that will need to re-veg once it roots.

In the meantime, I'm also re-vegging the three plants I had in flower when the aphids hit hard. (BHxE, Orient Express and Original Diesel) I'll keep them vegging until I'm convinced the aphids are gone, and everything looks healthy. Then comes the test: flip them into flower again, and see if the chlorosis returns.

Ilan, I grow in a small space as well: An armoire cabinet. It has eight square feet with roughly 150-200 watts of off-the-shelf screw-in LED bulbs, much like Terpene's cabinet. The results he gets in this thread convinced me that special grow lights are not needed.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Ilan :)

Thanks for choosing ACE Seeds for your current grow, much appreciated.

Despite the different strains you are growing have very different growing profiles, flowering times and feeding needs, you are dealing with them very well in your indoor tent.
Can feel you are passionate and attentive with your plants. ;)

The Bangi Haze x Ethiopian looks great, really nice compact and early flowering sativa pheno, very Bangi Haze dominant. The other strains look great as well.
Please, keep us updated again if you have the chance.
Hope you are enjoying with the diversity of your garden!

Ilan

Hi Everyone !
the grow is progressing well.
Chopped the Orient Express and Kali China at 7 weeks of 11-13. Very happy with the Orient Express nice happy effect, my first Ace smoke ! it still a little heavy after a second round, but one of the best smoke me and my friends had.
I can wait to test the other strains baking!

going to chop some of my BHxE plant this weekend, at 9 weeks of of 11-13. almost all pistils are brown, with very little new growth. It turned out Bangi Haze like, and I was expecting PHxM growth. and It began flowering in a small pot. next time I will take advantage of its fast flowering.

Dubi,
Any opinion on the harvest time ? I can deal with less strength, but prefer cleaner effect.
and I need room for a few new Honduras plants and a new clone from this BHxE.

Purple Haze x Malawi and Zamaldelica got a long way to go, but are doing very well!

7th week flowering PHxM + BHxE

7th week flowering BHxE

9th week flowering.
(amazing!)Purple Haze x Malawi at the left
single cola of Zamaldelica at the middle (7th week)
Bangi Haze x Ethiopianat the right

9th week flowering BHxE

YukonKronic

So I have three happy Banghi x Ethiopian in veg. I just got a new 1800w cob led (cheap Amazon crap... bought one bigger than I needed on paper cause nothing ever is as good as hyped... I was right in this case. It's bright... but not what I expected it to be for 1800w) that I put next to my 600w MH and moved survivors of the freeze underneath it.

Since moving two of the Banghi Eth. are getting red/purple colour on the new growth... I attribute it to spectrum as well as genetics. I seem to get a LOT of colours from the mixed led and HID spectrum. I suspect it's also why even mediocre looking plants end up with really decent trichome coverage anywhere they get full light exposure...

Lots of ups and downs in my life right now.. stressed to the tits one day and happy for bright spots the next... I'm not worrying too much about pics and shit until my Life and my garden both feel a little better organized and on track.. sorry if anyone's been waiting on pics or updates. Not much to update on yet anyways. I'm going to flower these this year tho so I'll def post up when it's happening.

W

Water-

thanks for posting pics.

I got the Ethiopian pheno and guess you got the Bangi one.

mine looked more like your haze x malawi

excited to see what else i find in the pack

keep on keepin on

peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Ilan,

Sorry for the delay in my reply. Glad to know the Orient Express and Kali China finished in just 7weeks and that you and your friends are enjoying with the effects of OE :)
Orient Express is very kind weed with a lovely social positive effect. What's your opinion on Kali China ?

Your Bangi Haze x Ethiopian was a surprisingly super fast and compact individual, without any doubt more BH phenotype in contrast with the lankier, taller and longer flowering pheno that Water- found.

Curious to know also how the Purple Haze x Malawi and Zamaldelica finished. Really nice results under a 150W lamp :yes: Thanks for posting!

Hi Everyone !
the grow is progressing well.
Chopped the Orient Express and Kali China at 7 weeks of 11-13. Very happy with the Orient Express nice happy effect, my first Ace smoke ! it still a little heavy after a second round, but one of the best smoke me and my friends had.
I can wait to test the other strains baking!

going to chop some of my BHxE plant this weekend, at 9 weeks of of 11-13. almost all pistils are brown, with very little new growth. It turned out Bangi Haze like, and I was expecting PHxM growth. and It began flowering in a small pot. next time I will take advantage of its fast flowering.

Dubi,
Any opinion on the harvest time ? I can deal with less strength, but prefer cleaner effect.
and I need room for a few new Honduras plants and a new clone from this BHxE.

Purple Haze x Malawi and Zamaldelica got a long way to go, but are doing very well!

7th week flowering PHxM + BHxE

7th week flowering BHxE

9th week flowering.
(amazing!)Purple Haze x Malawi at the left
single cola of Zamaldelica at the middle (7th week)
Bangi Haze x Ethiopianat the right

9th week flowering BHxE

Foggy420

I planted 4 of these, gave one away (turned out to be female) and kept 3. Of those I made a guess about which would be female and potted it up but I had guessed wrong. So the male got big and healthy and the female got sad and root bound and stayed small. Oh well, I’ll save one branch of the male for pollen and now that I potted up the female just in time for flowering maybe it’ll recover and thrive.

Next year I’ll take clones and force flower immediately to find the males. Learning.

picture.php

CowboyTed

I planted 4 of these, gave one away (turned out to be female) and kept 3. Of those I made a guess about which would be female and potted it up but I had guessed wrong. So the male got big and healthy and the female got sad and root bound and stayed small. Oh well, I’ll save one branch of the male for pollen and now that I potted up the female just in time for flowering maybe it’ll recover and thrive.

Next year I’ll take clones and force flower immediately to find the males. Learning.

View Image

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hopefully mine is netter. I have the BHE lady on the right in this photo vegging happily in my garden.

picture.php

She's re-vegged clone who appears to be abundantly happy on her little hill. That's amazing, because she's also the girl who got rolled over by a greenhouse when the wind decided to remove mine from the garden one afternoon.

Here's how she looked a month ago, on a bad hair day:

picture.php

The other cannabis plant in the top photo is an Ace Snow Moon, just passing six feet tall, and thriving as if she likes it outdoors just fine. I've grown this pheno twice indoors, and I'm currently enjoying the fruits of one of those grows, having both eaten and smoked my ration of BHE this evening. Nice mellow, pleasant buzz.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Foggy420 :) Please, keep us updated about your Bangi Haze x Ethiopian female when you have the chance. Hope she is doing fine.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking great CowboyTed ;) What a nice Bangi Haze x Ethiopian bush!

Hope she is already flowering and that she finishes enough early at your latitude :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Last Bangi Haze x Ethiopian regular packs available on our website!

Last Bangi Haze x Ethiopian regular packs available on our website!

These are the very last packs available of this limited edition on our website:

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/brands/ace-seeds/bangihazeetiopestd.html

as it will take years until we can work on a new Ethiopian reproduction. Get yours before they are sold out, the effect of this sativa hybrid is one of my favorites of the latest years, you won't regret it! ;)

BenoitV1984

Veteran
I'm planning to grow it after GHxM alongside my two different Tikal and one Malawi x PCK. As I got a tent dedicated to drying, I will kinda be able to grow different strains at the same time, providing that they stretch seemingly the same and don't finish a month apart.

So a couple days after sowing, we have one cracking soil here :)

attachment.php
Get yours before they are sold out, the effect of this sativa hybrid is one of my favorites of the latest years, you won't regret it!
wink.gif

Attachments

• P1010277.jpg
    P1010277.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 29

BenoitV1984

Veteran
I got a trifoliate

According to this webpage, they mostly turn out male or hermie. Is that a fact? Should I discard it and sow another?

Whorled Phyllotaxy—Three Leaves From a Node On a Cannabis Plant

Some plants are trifoliate, meaning they suffer from a deformity or mutation in which three cotyledons emerge from the first node instead of the usual two. This condition usually only affects plants in the earliest stages of life, and they tend to discontinue the weird behavior as they mature (ie. after the fifth set of nodes or so).

Keep in mind however that trifoliate plants, or those with whorled phyllotaxy, tend to exhibit more hermaphroditic behavior and are also much more likely to turn out to be males when flowered. Best to get rid of them.

YukonKronic

I got a trifoliate

According to this webpage, they mostly turn out male or hermie. Is that a fact? Should I discard it and sow another?

I’ve never heard that. I keep trifoliate plants until I know I don’t want them... I find them harder to manage canopy but the extra 30% of photosynthetic energy (extra leaves) can give you a damn vigorous plant sometimes. Also seeds sometimes pop 3 cotyledons and then grow as normal plants after.
Lol whoops just read that again and realized your quote already said they often recover normal growth

Latest posts

Latest posts