What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jamaican Kings Bread

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Reboot! Going to utilize the coming full moon to germinate the last of my Kings bread as every time I attempt to germ I get no luck but seems the astrological powers are at work as we speak will update if my luck changes as I plan on making fresh seeds and some outcrosses like

Jamaican Kings Bread x '88 G13/HP#1 IBL
"Kings hashplant F-1"

Jamaican Kings Bread x Alieno Formaggio F-2
"Alien King F-1"

If a good male is found will collect pollen and save male clone for future projects like a possibility of
Acapulco Gold x Jamaican Kings Bread

;)

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had heard the Kings LB was the original and better LB. No idea myself. Would be nice to see these for sale somewhere.

B

Bird~friend

Had Lambs Bread One time Yesum. :) .Never did hear of "Kings Bread" tho.

Maybe , had blue Mountain Coffee at the same time. Still Got.

To Clean Coffee machine , makes "it" bigger.
): . I Should. NOT HAVE too f'ing. Move .
You hear me. :D. Help me Ash!

I'm all"LEFT" NOW, you hear me. You Sure

Last edited:

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
G `day Et

That aint no heirloom sativa bro .
Your buddy got hustled .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Have any credibility towards your cliam EB? Not doubting you but not accepting it neither because I have done my homework and haven't come to your conclusion

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I had heard the Kings LB was the original and better LB. No idea myself. Would be nice to see these for sale somewhere.

When I can I will message the respected breeder whom made these available by keeping it pure as he did with lamb's bread too it has been grown for generations by very reliable Jamaican farmers and if a male and good female particularly the NLC phenotypes as I hear of a palm tree like pheno as seen earlier on this log I will keep contact w u

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Have any credibility towards your cliam EB? Not doubting you but not accepting it neither because I have done my homework and haven't come to your conclusion

G `day Et

Do the leaves on your plant look even remotely like these ?

maxresdefault.jpg

dpffvnr.png

110527-peter-tosh.png

1970s Ganja patch .

picture.php

In this pick I see a hybrid . Possibly Northern Lights or Sk cross . That has been fed a lot of nitrogen .

Old school had skinny leaves . Like the Indian Ganja its derived from . I don`t think there was a parallel strain with fat leaves called Kings Bread .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
G `day Et

Do the leaves on your plant look even remotely like these ?

View Image

View Image

View Image
1970s Ganja patch .

View Image
In this pick I see a hybrid . Possibly Northern Lights or Sk cross . That has been fed a lot of nitrogen .

Old school had skinny leaves . Like the Indian Ganja its derived from . I don`t think there was a parallel strain with fat leaves called Kings Bread .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

It is pure if you had read my log you would comprehend the fact that it has two expressions a palm tree like phenotype and yes a narrow leaf phenotype watch my log as I update and enjoy if you will you're after all entitled to your "opinion" ;)

Elmer Bud

Veteran
It is pure if you had read my log you would comprehend the fact that it has two expressions a palm tree like phenotype and yes a narrow leaf phenotype watch my log as I update and enjoy if you will you're after all entitled to your "opinion" ;)

G `day Et

I comprehend better than the average .
Do you comprehend that heirloom Jamaican ganja does not have palm tree leaves ?

It came from India or maybe Bangladesh. Not Afghanistan or Yunnan .

In the early 80s a lot of Colombian ganja was smuggled through Jamaica . That was when the 1st adulteration started . FFWD to late 80s . New breeds were the hot ticket . Jamaican expats in USA / Canada / UK ...

Enjoy the grow . Just educate yourself some more before declaring you have an heirloom .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Elmer Bud

Veteran
Lee Scratch Perry doesn't stand next to an bld Cannabis plant either in his younger years.

View Image

G `day Mex

Up until late 1980s Australian ganja looked a lot like that too .

When I was at high school pictures from Jamaica were where we got to see actual fields of marijuana growing in detail .
I remember them fondly . Dreams were fired by those glossy album covers and magazine pix from Jamaica.

Ah lah ;

2PXHzyC.jpg

Note this crop is over head height . We don`t see that on Jam Rock no more ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
G'day EB

Today its more semi autoflowering varieties of 30-50 cm or so.

Attachments

• jamaican-cannabis-exports.jpeg
    jamaican-cannabis-exports.jpeg
    231.4 KB · Views: 14

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
G `day Et

I comprehend better than the average .
Do you comprehend that heirloom Jamaican ganja does not have palm tree leaves ?

It came from India or maybe Bangladesh. Not Afghanistan or Yunnan .

In the early 80s a lot of Colombian ganja was smuggled through Jamaica . That was when the 1st adulteration started . FFWD to late 80s . New breeds were the hot ticket . Jamaican expats in USA / Canada / UK ...

Enjoy the grow . Just educate yourself some more before declaring you have an heirloom .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

May you provide any verification to back your claims to stating this seed I am growing is not a heirloom because as I had mentioned earlier this line has been kept pure for like four or so generations and probably further for all I know so for a variety of cannabis to inbreed generation after generation is considered heirloom same concept as tomatoes and any other crop preserved by "x family" over generations

Once I can get more information pertaining to the history from the mouth of the source I will update here for historical record as I made this thread for only educational purposes as is 98% of my logs

Anyway bless up

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
If it is a heirloom, the variety you have should be grown for more then 50 years in Jamaica.Any pics of the variety grown in Jamaica?

Elmer Bud

Veteran
May you provide any verification to back your claims to stating this seed I am growing is not a heirloom because as I had mentioned earlier this line has been kept pure for like four or so generations and probably further for all I know so for a variety of cannabis to inbreed generation after generation is considered heirloom same concept as tomatoes and any other crop preserved by "x family" over generations

Once I can get more information pertaining to the history from the mouth of the source I will update here for historical record as I made this thread for only educational purposes as is 98% of my logs

Anyway bless up

G `day Et

4 generations for ganja in Jamaica is 2 years .
They can grow 2 or three crops a year.
Now 4 generations of people I highly doubt . Not with the palm tree pheno .

Well I`m trying to educate you ,before you educate people who don`t know any better .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
From links I have read Kings bread may go as far back as 1600s and LORE lemme emphasize states that this variety was found on king solomons grave

But I also hear from a friend who is pretty knowledgeable that the name is derived Kings (Christ) bread (sacrament) as soon as I can respectfully ask the farmer I will update with his words not anything anyone could imagine up for this thread is to teach the unknowing so stay tuned lad

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
G `day Et

4 generations for ganja in Jamaica is 2 years .
They can grow 2 or three crops a year.
Now 4 generations of people I highly doubt . Not with the palm tree pheno .

Well I`m trying to educate you ,before you educate people who don`t know any better .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Apologize for the misconception I meant as in four generations of people as in this farmers great great granddad or even further is responsible for this contribution of keeping this line pure

And also wanted to reference that pck expresses two particular phenotypes a BLC and a NLC so please better elaborate your "opinion" thanks

Gry

Can recall seeing 'standard' cannabis from Jamaica back when Mexican ruled the day, it was a very nice change.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day Et

1st up . I`m 50 + years old . Calling me lad doesn`t sit well with me .

Solomon`s grave ,,, OK ,

The Long Neck people of Nth Thailand have a legend that a women died and opium poppies grew from her breasts and tobacco from her vagina .

I believe that about as much as I believe the Solomon`s grave tale .

Slaves in Jamaica come from west Africa not the middle east where Solomon roamed .

Jamaican ganja originally was brought by Coolies from India . Solomon`s grave now that is a good`n .

Some Rasta guys are pulling your leg bro .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
G `day Et

1st up . I`m 50 + years old . Calling me lad doesn`t sit well with me .

Solomon`s grave ,,, OK ,

The Long Neck people of Nth Thailand have a legend that a women died and opium poppies grew from her breasts and tobacco from her vagina .

I believe that about as much as I believe the Solomon`s grave tale .

Slaves in Jamaica come from west Africa not the middle east where Solomon roamed .

Jamaican ganja originally was brought by Coolies from India . Solomon`s grave now that is a good`n .

Some Rasta guys are pulling your leg bro .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Much respect... I only said it was what I read definitely did NOT say it was fact I did though respectfully message the man behind the bean and am in hopes I will get a history lesson and end this debate on the origins of the Jamaican Kings bread as no offense but me and you both don't have the evidence to prove either side so a history lesson would be most appropriate won't add such information until it's available but until then I will update with pics and descriptions etc blessings