What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do you smoke with your plants?

PDX Dopesmoker

Also is hotboxing the grow room (or closet) any sort of a substitute of adding CO2 to the atmosphere?

qFFEBYd.jpg

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
ya need to work on the pic size PDX.. do not 'smoke', vape but when I did, presuming you mean joints not cigs, no, I'm in there to do something good, not forget to do something and fug it up. If you are talking cigarettes, I read, a long time ago, that that was not a good idea.. cant remember why. either way, where do you put the ashes?? inda dirt?:biggrin:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
:biggrin:Hotboxing. you were smoking in the grow room, yes?:biggrin:

keeping your bloom space at a high temp without CO2 is not recommended. a sealed room with NO air in or out with proper CO2 limits kept is the right/best thing and temps are best off 85*F-90*F. you could get lucky and do all the CO2 stuff (I still have that shit 'on the shelf') but it took too much of my time/effort and never did get it right and never considered a sealed room.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Good question I smoke weed in my grow space its my sanctuary. I was kind of wondering what karma goes on... Blowing the smoke from the burnt body of the plant in it's presence.... Philosophicaly speaking to me it's a moot point. We are all dust.

As far as helping or hurting your plants, I don't think whatever impact it could have would be noticed. I smoke cigarettes near them because I also smoke in my bedroom and sometimes the rest of my house as well. I only grow for myself and I don't think I could tell the difference, but probably would if I wasn't already a butthead.

Cigarettes are of the devils creation. Don't smoke.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
my smoking room has been the same as my air intake room for 15 years, I sit with my plants all day long.

There are people who grow that don't?

I am a bit ocd with weed, years before that I remember my wife getting all angry and jealous because I would sit in front of the closet more than I would sit on the couch with her.

Could been worse, I could have been OCD about getting some strange.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I love my plants, I never call them by some misogynist labels like I am some perverted master of theirs, I honor their lives to the best of my ability and let them live a full life and when it expires I share of what remains and after they have passed into existence their karma (effect) in the way of good medicine for my mine remains.

The buzz I feel after they are gone is their afterlife, and some portion of the good that comes from it their karma.

Shaman is as shaman does I guess.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I also, deep in the bowels of my sick, twisted little hippy brain think that when I exhale to the plants that maybe there is an allelopathy interaction that might communicate to the plant much like plant roots communicate with soil bacteria.

It is far fetched concept but a similar one has had some support in academia.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
to me, smoking in the same room as my plants would be a show of disrespect, exposing them to pollution 'n all.

I like keeping 'em 'pure'!:bow:

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
I don't smoke near my plants or in the same room..that's like a cow eating a hamburger..lol

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Smoking the ganj ensures survival of the species no doubt Cannabis shall outlive us. It's possible the plant senses our attraction to the cosmos and will one day be aboard the mother ship to Zion.....

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I smoke w my ladies present...
Always have, prob always will.

I think of it as a sacrament made by & for these lovely ladies for the future prosperity of these ladies.

Every once in a while I'll burn a sage smudge stick in the room. It definitely helps. It's got jasmonic acid in the smoke & causes the cannabis plants to activate their SAR response. (I think that's right [SAR])

lawlrus

I try not to because I can't imagine the smoke from a joint being good for my scrubbers. Every once in a while though.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
I smoke w my ladies present...
Always have, prob always will.

I think of it as a sacrament made by & for these lovely ladies for the future prosperity of these ladies.

Every once in a while I'll burn a sage smudge stick in the room. It definitely helps. It's got jasmonic acid in the smoke & causes the cannabis plants to activate their SAR response. (I think that's right [SAR])

I didn't know that about sage. Good to know! Thanks.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I smoke everywhere even the shower..so ya occasionally but its not a toking spot per say ..but if I have a j in mouth when entering grows I keep puffin....I do smoke in my greenhouse a lot tho....yeehaw

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
No..Don't Do it

I had a Serious smell problem with Cindy99 and since it wasn't a strong smelling plant and went with incense.

Well..1 hour later ,the plant was drooping like I watered it too much and lost 2 plants.I put the incense right under the plant.

Fresh air and a nice breeze and farts are allowed. :laughing:

B

Baked Alaskan

I try to never get smoke around my plants.

I read an article years and years ago on a study of how trees react to smoke from a forest fire. If I remember correct the trees changed something when smoke was present.

Will probably look into this today, slow day at the bar.