What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cash Croppin

Sup fellas,

First of all Im looking for advice from knowledgeable growers who have accomplished what it is that Im trying to accomplish. If you dont have any experience to back up what your saying please do not respond.
Thanks

Goal: My goal is to be pulling 1.5 pounds off a 1000W 4X4 table every 2-3 months. Each table SOG'd with as many 4x4inch pots I can fit in the table.

My set up: 10X10 Tent. 6 1000watters vented hoods, co2 regulated about 1200ppms lights on ran off a controller. Temps with lights on 80-85. Growing in 80%coco 20%perlite. Using H3ads 6/9 formula with added Calmag and silica in RO water.

I just finished a grow of durban poison under 3 1000W with a plant count of 50 to be exact. I was expecting to pull at least 3 pounds with everything set up in my room to par. Once again co2 sealed room with vented hoods temps around 80-85 lights on and around 75 lights off.
I just weighed all my dried flowers and my final weight came out to 1057.8Grams So about 2.3 pounds and 21grams per plant! which has me super frustrated as to what Im doing wrong here as I think I should be easily pulling 3 pounds off of 3 lights.
Im thinking it could be 3 things.

1.Possibly the genetics I ran.

2. The nutes are not strong enough at the 6/9 h3ad formula. I am substituting Advanced Nutrient Jungle juice for GH as AN claims that it is the EXACT same formula at a cheaper cost.

3. Not vegging long enough. I am vegging rooted clones around 2 weeks before flipping 2 12/12 because I figure any longer and they will be crowding each other to much and proper light penetration will not be reached.

I have not incorporated any topping or training. I do trim a lot of foliage all throughout flower to make sure all budsites are getting enough light.

Any tips here as to what I might change or question about my grow style are appreciated.

Thanks Guys!

Last edited:
Try less plants, and try to get the temp down to 78... In all my experiences tents suck! I would run 9 or 12 plants on a 4x4 flip at 16 inchs, maybe less if its a stretchy plant. Top once in veg, clean off bs foliage at bottom of plant day 10 (let it be after this).. Peace

Check your roots, look for pests on leafs, etc..

Also get a proven OG strain, for "Cash Cropping" thats what most buyers want anyway

Try less plants, and try to get the temp down to 78... In all my experiences tents suck! I would run 9 or 12 plants on a 4x4 flip at 16 inchs, maybe less if its a stretchy plant. Top once in veg, clean off bs foliage at bottom of plant day 10 (let it be after this).. Peace

Check your roots, look for pests on leafs, etc..

Also get a proven OG strain, for "Cash Cropping" thats what most buyers want anyway

Ive done to much reading that says higher temps are better in a Co2 sealed rooms. Atleast 80 degrees. More plants equals less veg time equaling more crops per year so not lookin to change that either. I can jump on board with what youre saying about strains though.

Thanks for trying

Last grow I just did was not in a tent but in an actual 7X12 insulated grow box built in a garage. So You saying tents suck needs to be back up with personal experience as to why you think that.

ua prove yourself ....fastb turn over and scrog and short veg times aint optimal...if numbers are not a concern why not sog ..no training ,quick turnover,short veg times...

B

Baked Alaskan

With your set up goal you should hit what you want. 6 lights with 144 plants under each (4"x4" pots is 144 in a 4'x4' table) is 864 plants in all, so you only need 5 grams per plant.

Good luck

B

Baked Alaskan

My bad, thought you said as many 4"x4" pots on a 4' table as you can fit. Ive seen it done with huge yields.

Just trying to help

hup234

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like the 4 x 4 tree seedling pots,they're about 14" deep ,great for massive roots

do you have pics of plants at flip...like to see how full they look

So I pretty much throw rooted clones into the 4X4inch pots and let them veg for about 2 weeks. So to answer your question they are not very full. However once they are flipped they fill up the net fairly fast so I see no point in vegging any longer considering the plant count being so high per light.

Really though you dont need so many plants, but you are going for that scrog style... Are you limited in height space?

You could put 6 plants under 1 light spaced out in 4' x 4', veg them a few feet tall and have em topped to have 9 or 10 main colas and get the same result with 18 plants.

Last edited:
Ive done to much reading that says higher temps are better in a Co2 sealed rooms. Atleast 80 degrees. More plants equals less veg time equaling more crops per year so not lookin to change that either. I can jump on board with what youre saying about strains though.

Thanks for trying

Keep on reading than holms, the interweb will for sure answer all your questions... lol Heres another freebe for ya, you don't need your CO2 that high either... As for tents I had really bad experiences many decades ago with the secret jardin tents off gasing and killing plants. So maybe I'm just bias... Do what u want and keep pulling down those killer numbers playa!!!!

Keep on reading than holms, the interweb will for sure answer all your questions... lol Heres another freebe for ya, you don't need your CO2 that high either... As for tents I had really bad experiences many decades ago with the secret jardin tents off gasing and killing plants. So maybe I'm just bias... Do what u want and keep pulling down those killer numbers playa!!!!

What do you mean gassing off your plants? as in your controller was not working correctly and you were pumping out to much Co2 into your room?

Thanks boy

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Outgassing (sometimes called offgassing, particularly when in reference to indoor air quality) is the release of a gas that was dissolved, trapped, frozen or absorbed in some material. (from Wikipedia)
He meant offgasing from the tent material.

Latest posts

Latest posts