What's new

Recommend a good scifi book about space

Hubbleman

Veteran
And dont mention Dune :)

I want something cool, like that book I read about marines colonising a planet with twice gravity of earth... While battling enormousness veg organisms... Book I read as a kid, can't find it anywhere now, maybe some of u know

Last edited:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anything by Orson Scott Card.

I don't read as much fantasy/scifi as I used to, hopefully some good suggestions follow below.

amanda88

Sci-Fi not Sci Fantasy..?

I read 'The Martian' then saw the movie

10/10 for both

the Mars theme is still hot, anything from Kim Stanly Robinson is good

Red Mars

Green Mars

hell even a Blue Mars ...lol

B

Baked Alaskan

Try Midworld by Alan Dean Foster. The book Avatar the movie was based on. Sounds close to the book in the OP.

Ya, anything by Orson Scott Card.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gateway was the best sci fi I read. Short and exciting. Bolo was good, lots of action. David Drake has some action type sci fi you might want to try.

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
Serious

Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card
Orphans of the Sky - Robert Heinlein

Humorous

Stainless Steel Rat - Harry Harrison

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just watched 'The Martian', very nice but the ending looked a little... unlikely shall we say? Fine movie regardless. The book is supposed to be even better.

St. Phatty

Whitley Streiber, Communion & Transformation.

About his alleged contact experiences, baring in mind that he is a sci-fi writer.

For those who want more facts, Timothy Goode, Above Top Secret.

Streiber's address is listed in the Transformation book.

In the spirit of Sci-fi Adventure, I suggest sending him something (legal) and asking him to give it to his "little Gray friends".

M

mugenbao

I just watched 'The Martian', very nice but the ending looked a little... unlikely shall we say? Fine movie regardless. The book is supposed to be even better.
I haven't seen the movie, but the book was pretty good. The ending is a bit of a stretch to be sure, but that's not at all unusual in science fiction :D

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not a book but Humans will blow your ass out the door. Perhaps the best AI show/movie I've seen.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
anything by alaister reynolds,particularly the revelation space series...
charles straub (sp?) accelerando
robert reed marrow

Latest posts

Latest posts