What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What does leaf size indicate?

H

Huckster79

I'm on my 2nd grow. First was a micro grow under approx 250 actual not equivalent watts CFL and one tube floro. In about a 4sq ft area..

I'm now in closet size area 4'x5' w/ a 400w cmh light w two clones off my first girl... Leaves his time around are probably 50% larger than first grow. My mentor told me he had only seen larger leaves on outdoor plants...

Is this size difference likely more light? There are a few other variables between first n second grow. The light as mentioned, went to pro mix in a homade airpot lined w a fabric pot, first was in Hempy bucket w straight perlite/vermiculite blend... Also being more gutsy w nutes... Using heavy 16- first round was using at about 40% recommended amount now using about 80% recommended concentration...

Just curious the likely cause of the difference and does it mean anything besides getting bigger fan leaves....

Easy7

Veteran
Strain?

Some strains get larger leaf and yield shit, others with large leaf yields well. Bigger plants get bigger leafs unless you defoliate a lot.

Are the plants growing faster? They should be

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
means more food for the buds, can stop ferting sooner, go past letting them yellow, let the plant start eating the leaves for the best cleanest smoke ever

B

Baked Alaskan

Started back up after a theft, didn't have all my equipment for an indoor grow but went ahead anyway. Temps were cold and humid, ice in the corners and water dripping in the room. It was a nightmare. My fan leaves got to be a foot square, individual blades were a foot long. Never happened again after I got more climate control and the temps warmed up.

H

Huckster79

Can't be genetics they are clones off my original, am sporting lower temps in new set up.... But yea food and light are definitely increased... But yes growing exponentially faster than first grow...

Don't have flower room ready and wasn't worried based off my experience in first round- now I'm thinking I need to take a couple vacation days and get flower room ready!!!