What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Earth Worm Castings at Walmart!

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
The root of all evil

The root of all evil

Maybe instead of boycotting wally world all tagether, send a more clear message by buying only stuff made here. The registers at wally are all hooked up to a computer that keeps track of everything that they sell. If it doesn't sell they quit carring it.... My local nursery is higher than my local hydro store and are jus snotty as hell! They always treat me as though I'm there ta rip somethin off. I think their judging me because I'm a big guy with hair down to my ass, so obviously I'm there steal somthin. Pisses me off too cuz I've spent hundreds of dollars there. So fuck them, they can keep their shit..... I'm just a poor boy anymore, and have ta make do with what's available and what's affordable. If I can buy a bag of worm castings for a fraction of the price of the hydro stores, I'm gonna do it. Maybe they'll lower their prices..... These big companies are jus doin the same thing: buying at prices as cheap as possible. I'm not saying their right, it's jus the way things are. I think if anyone of you were running that company yud do the same thing. It's all about makin money. Right er wrong... Money! Money! Money! Take care... BC

Last edited:
yea man there would be trailer park or two somewere full of poeple with out jobs if wally had to fire all his employees cause we quit shopping there so even if the product arew made by Six year old grils in third wolrd countries for 3 cents U.S. an hour the rest of the jobs are here in America selling the shit woud be lost .......

besides those kids need somting to keep them out of trouble .....

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
Guano from insect eating bats is gonna be high in N, for sure good vegging ferts, but.. you really shouldn't go taking guano from the caves, it disturbs the bats :)

ixnay007 said:
Guano from insect eating bats is gonna be high in N, for sure good vegging ferts, but.. you really shouldn't go taking guano from the caves, it disturbs the bats :)

i think but i'm not sure that the only time you can disturb the bats is during hibernation....that's because when woken they fly around using all the energy they need to last till spring....

I wouldnt get near a bat and the only way to diisturb these bats is if we had 30 foot latters to reach the celling witch is about 1000 feet futher into the cave. when they fly they poop so the entrance and most of the floor is layered . There were strange looking plants around the caves looked like they were very oily if not wet, all i know is they had to be acid loving plants cuase that shit was hot.
I was thinkin about the NPK breakdown of the diffrent bat fertalizers and most seem to have N witch I try not to use during flower........any thoughts?

G

$2.95 a bag, picked up today at the all mighty wally world. look pretty decent too. will post pics tomorrow.

C

CT Guy

If it's completely dried out, I'd think you would have lost most if not all of the biology (which is why you'd brew a tea). You may still have some N, so you could try applying it as a topdressing. I wouldn't bother with a tea though.

On a side note, I still don't know why you guys use guano in your teas. Seems like it would be better to use a product that you know contains no pathogens and had been properly composted, and then add the guano as a topdressing or fully compost it first.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Suby said:
for what..being Satan's little bitch... :muahaha:

Suby,

You probably know I'm in BC. If you are too and are not too distant I can give you everything (N/C) you need to start making your own vermicompost (except a plastic bin). Just send me an email through my website.

Tim

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Private Message

Private Message

Someone has sent me a private message. Altough I'm not a fan of PMs the format of this forum does not permit me to even check PMs until I have fulfilled some randomly selected number of posts. The best way to reach me is by email through my website www.microbeorganics.com

Tim

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
i went to my local wal mart a couple weeks ago and as soon as I saw them I bought 2 10 lb bags.too much worm castings gives a pretty muddy soil.Im mixing it 25%WC 75% promix. I only have seedlings but Im happy with everything so far.

reddy1

ICMag Donor
walmart's got schultz perlite for 3 bucks a bag for 2 gallons(8 quarts). about half the price of the hydro store. however, no soil moist(crystal polymer) at my location. i need some.

well, i got a couple of bags today......it doesn't compare at all to the wiggleworm(don't have my own) there was hard chunks in there..... little rocks...maybe some sand?? very muddy (although it was outside baking for a couple of weeks so.....)

we'll see how the plants react..i mixed in a couple of pots with it

i payed $3.48 plus tax per 10lbs...so there is that

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Canadian peat for sure. Maybe dried blood, bone meal and kelp meal. Depends on the store. Perlite maybe.
Burn1

Latest posts

Latest posts