What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mountain High's Headband

Mountain High

Veteran
Yo thanks MJ!!

I went ahead with the quality control test tonight with a lil bud I snipped last night to quick dry...

and it was smooth and tasty.

Day 75!!! Harvest time has begun!!:jump:

Space Case

Veteran
That is the Original Headband, i.e. Daywrecker, Original Diesel, right?

Nugs look very similar to my Loompa HB.
IMG_0476.jpg

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
That is the Original Headband, i.e. Daywrecker, Original Diesel, right?

Nugs look very similar to my Loompa HB.
IMG_0476.jpg

Definitely different cuts although I'd love to smoke them side by side.. That pic looks a lot like the ecsd picture you put up a month or two back.

Space Case

Veteran
Definitely different cuts although I'd love to smoke them side by side.. That pic looks a lot like the ecsd picture you put up a month or two back.

LOL Yea, I'm glad someone is paying attention, cuz I don't think I am...I think I was high when I posted that a few months back and mixed em up...I think I was trying to post FSL results and needed a quick pick to grab. This one is def my Headband, not the Sour Diesel. My Sour D and Headband cuts are very similar, but the Sour D is just a tiny bit denser and chunkier and more fuely. The headband also has a strong fuel, but more lemon/lime flavors and a slightly more euphoric high with less of a headrush than the diesel. But both spit out pinkish pistils and throw those tiny little curly green leaves out of the buds.

Sorry Mountain High, didn't mean to hijack your thread here, bro. So many headband cuts out there...so much confusion...

Mountain High

Veteran
amazing grow man!!! do you know what's the lineage of this strain??

91 Chemdawg x [Mass. Super Skunk x Sensi's Northern Lights]

Yo Space case, I, like Self said, would like to smoke them side by side. I don't know much about Loompa's cut, but I do know this cut has been with my crew for a quite a few years now and it's not Loompa's. A very close friend of mine was gifted this cut from a well respected overgrow member.

How does your headband smell?? looks amazing

Thanks Hillbilly, I get very strong skunk and diesel with a bit of sweetness to it. After a nice cure she puts off a stink so strong people have to ask what you have in your pocket.

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Great job MH!! I came late to the show but just looked through the thread and I'm impressed. I came across this plant and gifted it to a close friend who runs a dispensary so she could get around. Since then I've gotten a tray a cuts and have just been handing them out. Only have four left and plan on giving at least one more away tomorrow. Anyways I had a few going and I think we may have the same tent SunHutXL 4x4x8, but unfortunately I had a really shotty one with horrible stitching. You can tell they pulled out the original stitching and re ran it resulting in hundreds, if not thousands of pin sized holes. Also those vents suck and I had to add Velcro to avoid light leaks. My buddy runs three of them with no problem, but I can tell mine was a last minute on Friday model. Anyways I had some beautiful ladies including HB herm mid flowering because of my lovely flawed tent, but I still have her around for when things get settled.

Oh and I love what I call the surf board leafs that head band shoots off. The middle finger on the larger fan leaves remind me of the old school surf boards, long and broad on one end, very chill Brah.

Anyways longstory short Kudos ya done good kid!

Up.

Mountain High

Veteran
Yo Space, I've been growing in coco for years and now I'm somewhat bored with it, and now I'm giving the organic soil a go. I'm using the General Organics line of vegan bottle nutes, planted in sunshine and amended with either ancient forest or vermiblend, whatever my grow shop has at the time. Just met a grower chick that is gonna be hooking me up with some homemade vermicastings that she does. I can't wait to try that out, plus the best kind of vermicastings are free vermicastings. I find the G.O. nutes are a bit on the weak side, my heavy feeding Headband just inhales it faster than I can feed em.

I must say I am very pleased with my first indoor organic soil grow ATM and can't wait to test out the finished product. The whole soil food web is my kind of thing and just feels right to me. I see myself growing Organic soil for while. I plan on switching to amended soil soon and just reuse and re amend as needed. Who knows, we will see.

Space Case

Veteran
Yo Space, I've been growing in coco for years and now I'm somewhat bored with it, and now I'm giving the organic soil a go. I'm using the General Organics line of vegan bottle nutes, planted in sunshine and amended with either ancient forest or vermiblend, whatever my grow shop has at the time. Just met a grower chick that is gonna be hooking me up with some homemade vermicastings that she does. I can't wait to try that out, plus the best kind of vermicastings are free vermicastings. I find the G.O. nutes are a bit on the weak side, my heavy feeding Headband just inhales it faster than I can feed em.

I must say I am very pleased with my first indoor organic soil grow ATM and can't wait to test out the finished product. The whole soil food web is my kind of thing and just feels right to me. I see myself growing Organic soil for while. I plan on switching to amended soil soon and just reuse and re amend as needed. Who knows, we will see.

Very cool man! General Organics is some good stuff! Can you use EWC to make up for the high levels of N the headband consumes?

Yea, I'm with you on the organics thing. It sure is fascinating! However, I'm new to coco at the moment. You should look up a guy on some other canna-boards that calls himself "Pigfarmer". He is vegging in coco for 60-90 days, up to 3 gal pot sizes. He feeds House and Garden Cocos A&B. For blooming, he takes his 3 gallon coco root ball and drops it into a 7 gallon pot of ogranic soil (amended Sunshine mix), and feeds House & Garden Bio-1 Soil, which is an organic line, pulling some great yields thanks to his massive coco root ball!

guerilla415

beautiful plants brotha, headband is on my all timers list for sure, she'll be back.

love the simple coco method too, those girls sure love it.

enjoy the spoils!

guerilla

G

Ganja D

Looks great. I just harvested some recently. It looks identical to yours. It's great smoke.