What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Exodus Collective: History of UK Cheese

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gotta say i think i'll aways love the Cheese, just need a bit of a break sometimes to appreciate her......i do get where your coming from though Jah, especially with so many other amazing things around these days.
Peace

mack 10

Veteran
@hoover , Cheese will never Die! especially round my area,lol still love chedz myself,cheesey bho just stomps your ass:) i'll see you at the 4.20 smoke out. M.

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Exodus cheese?

Exodus cheese?

Thanks to the kindness of a fellow grower i got hold of what they call Exodus Cheese. Couple of pics for all you experts on the subject.
Please don´t kill the messenger in case this is not the One:laughing:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Until now all good. The 3 cuts rooted fast and are already growing on the new pots. Looking healthy enough to me:)

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A fat spliff of Cheese,, a large glass beer ,, and a book about something interesting,,, can be one of the best ways to spend any spring-summer afternoon :joint:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
no apologies needed bro

was just saying ive not tried a beter version

yeah that sounds like a good smokeout
but lets not just make it cheese lets bring the best of the best we got for a good old smokeout

be good to meet you and have a toke
ive enjoyed your post over the years

chat soon

peace

Cool, wish I could remember who it was that came up with a breakdown of the different Cheese cuts, but I am pretty sure there was a theory mentioned that the Brightside was not the original.

The rest sounds good though :) We can chase JH around with a few different Cheee samples ;)

tc
c

RudeDog

Veteran
Here's my Exodus Cheese...Just pulling round now and giving proper leaves.

picture.php

How much does the Cheese stretch?

Cheers
:tiphat:

Clive

Does anyone know if Exodus were growing any other strains at the Manor apart from cheese ? and did they grow indoors or outdoors ? Cheers

S

shogun

Chamone Mother Fucker...i got my cheese clone today...excuse me while i do the moon walk..haha

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Does anyone know if Exodus were growing any other strains at the Manor apart from cheese ? and did they grow indoors or outdoors ? Cheers

Recently I've been pining for my long lost cheese cut from times past, and on my hunt to track her down, I came across some info that may be of use to you and to everyone that's been debating cheese.

I know the various cheese cuts have been discussed indepth on here already, but this is what I've come across on my hunt to find the one I remember from the good old days.

The following quotes are taken from a 2004 thread:

Hi dood i was at the manor everyday,
did ya get the haz cheese or the bob one lol, its been cloned an cloned for 19 plus years.
i wont smoke anything else now and would take my own to the dam!
you will know me by my nick here as it was given me by exodus crew.
peace love n unity to all, smoke that bud, screw the babylon.

Hiya if i remember right there was one cheese to start with
and one of our crew didnt like hydro weed so he kinda crossed it
with an outdoor strain and called it manfree
as in manor free weed
im told the one i have is before they started to gm the seeds
from the original skunk #1
and its sposed to been going since 85
but i will make it my mission to find out
back soon

The fact that cheese crosses were being passed out would explain the various similar cuts still circulating today.

There appears to be 4 cheese cuts in circulation (not including the acknowledged crosses (nelly, white cheese, BB cheese etc.)

1. Brightside
2. Suicide
3. Jah's cut (similar to Suicide/Rick's cut)
4. Rick's cut (similar to Suicide/Jah's cut)

Suicide:

picture.php

(Posted by Bannana Man)

Jah's cut:

picture.php

(Posted by jah hoover)

4. Rick's cut:

14413DSC00092.JPG

(Posted by Englishrick)

Dr D's Cheese:

picture.php

(Posted by Dr D)

I couldn't seem to find any confirmed pictures of the Brightside cut, other than some thumbnails posted by funkymonkey.

If OJD or True could chime in with some pics, I'd be much obliged, as I suspect this may be the one I had all those years ago.

I see a resemblance between Jah's cut, the suicide cut and Rick's cut.

The cheese I remember had smaller heads than those posted above... I would say it looked most like Dr D's cut, in that it would foxtail in a similar manner... the buds just werent as big.

It stank purely of something I can only describe as tcp and musk, and would taste exactly as it smelt all the way down to the roach. I wouldnt say it was sweet but it was very moreish.

I have come across similar cheeses on road every now and again, but most of the time they tend to be sweet and lacking the overpowering tcp taste/smell.

I'm sure I'm very close to relocating her. I have heard Jah's cut is even better than the Brightside cut in terms of potency/yield. Maybe the cut I know is just Jah's cut via a load more people and genetic drift has occurred? Who knows?

Hopefully one day our paths will cross again...

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi pif rhys jones

dr d rocks the brightside cut so although i cant see the pics im 99% sure his pic would be the brightside cut unless stated otherwise

your description is spot on for the brightside cut

that is what your looking for

peace

I got the real cut. But it's far too fickle for commercial production. I'll do some pics when its ready in 2 weeks. The real cut has the sinus hurting power-aroma. It's the only weed that when manicuring you need goggles and breathing apparatus! Plus that deep aniseed terpene. It has lime green thi sativa fingered leaves on an indica body shape. The smell transports all new smokers back to when first smelled skunk. I believe that the cheesey pong was a recurring pheno, the gene that has the smell seemed to be dominant. Skunk no1 has lost those genes now.

The real cheddar reminds you of curtain hair cuts, people getting killed in range rovers in essex, The Hitman and her, ecstasy and raves in wharehouses and the Bullring illegal raves..............

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Exodus Cheese (Brightside cut)

Exodus Cheese (Brightside cut)

Interesting this has come up coz i just flowered out Jah's cut side by side with Brightside's......i will leave it to everyone at 4/20 to make up their minds about the 2 of them.
They have both had a nice flush and were taken to 10 weeks, Jah's cut is a big yielder with dense nugs but the Brightside cut had the better structure as far as branching. Jah's cut was much stronger and more able to hold itself up.
Anyway here is an old pic of the Brightside cut.
picture.php

Peace

šunka-maslo

Duv' conoisseur^^
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey fellows:wave:

Here you can see few pics of the UK Cheese "exodus" a good french fellow received many years ago, and spread around..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And few pics from my buddy Krug:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I' d say that this cut is matching with the brightside one, by the look of the pics:)

Awesome cut btw, even a clone stinks so hard, i was not able to smoke it At HoMe because of the smell héhé:D

Vibes!!

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Interesting this has come up coz i just flowered out Jah's cut side by side with Brightside's......i will leave it to everyone at 4/20 to make up their minds about the 2 of them.
They have both had a nice flush and were taken to 10 weeks, Jah's cut is a big yielder with dense nugs but the Brightside cut had the better structure as far as branching. Jah's cut was much stronger and more able to hold itself up.
Anyway here is an old pic of the Brightside cut.
picture.php

Peace

True - I think you have re-acquainted me with my long lost love.

I have re-posted Dr D's picture for reference... looks like the same cut as the one you just posted with a bit more foxtailing:

15s3610.jpg

(Cheese posted by Dr D)

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
hi pif rhys jones

dr d rocks the brightside cut so although i cant see the pics im 99% sure his pic would be the brightside cut unless stated otherwise

your description is spot on for the brightside cut

that is what your looking for

peace

Hello mate.

Thanks for the info - I think you've pretty much confirmed what I've been thinking following my research...

Have you tried the Suicide cut? I understand Sonic and them boys rate it above the Brightside and use it in their crosses.

My plan for years has been to cross a certain Nevil's Haze stud to cheese in order to introduce this anomaly skunk into the Northern Lights#5, Haze A & Haze C genepool:

Skunk #1 x ((NL#5 x Haze A) x Haze C)

Maybe I might just get around to it one of these days...

Ganja baba

Veteran
Hello mate.

Thanks for the info - I think you've pretty much confirmed what I've been thinking following my research...

Have you tried the Suicide cut? I understand Sonic and them boys rate it above the Brightside and use it in their crosses.

My plan for years has been to cross a certain Nevil's Haze stud to cheese in order to introduce this anomaly skunk into the Northern Lights#5, Haze A & Haze C genepool:

Skunk #1 x ((NL#5 x Haze A) x Haze C)

Maybe I might just get around to it one of these days...

dont think i have tried the bright side cut , most of the very cheesey cuts are so nice i dont think it matters which one is which .
suicide is supposed to be exodus , we call it suicide because it makes most of us depressed after a week of smoking just that alone ,
some cheese still taste and smell of cheese but are not so strong but fruitier . i love um all , even the diet cheese lol .
sonic

the suicicde cut i have looks just like the one photoed by krug

šunka-maslo

Duv' conoisseur^^
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yop i am sorry, i was a bit confused...

The one we have, as you say GanjaBaba would be the Suicide cut and not the brightside so:) (and i recognize directly your description, lots of growers are a bit fed up if they smoke this all the time^^)

Thanks for the explanations, as it is the first time i hear about those "nicks" for the Uk' s (i knew only about the Kachina from Queijo which is supposed to be Uk Cheese x Traiwreck)

Too much distorted information...... Look. The cutting from 89 is dead. All these foxtail cheese are not it in my opinion. GHS seems to have that foxtailing, as does Kalimans, hence his Dready cheese. That foxtailing in my long (drawn out career) looks like the feminised seed versions. They all have newer sk#1 genes. The swelling of calyxes into huge foxtails seem to be a post 2000 cultivar choice for higher yeilds. Cheese looks exactly like what I call 'pre95' sk#1. It's a shite yielder, and as the skunk of that time 88-95, was cheddar. Look at the first post about the alladged roots of the clone. The smell in skunk in them days was the cheese smell, hence it actually being bred out of skunk#1 as it was getting too many people ontop and collared by ol bill. The same thing is going on with cheese now. You cant cant grow it under subterfuge as the greasy cheesey, potent aroma has had previous neighbours at locations next to our crops, and they were getting headaches and nausea as it was penetrating the walls. I still fight with it now! This was an industrial unit full of other pongs too. trying to get the fuckers to week 9 is almost impossible if u got more than 100 real cheese. Exodus really can only lay claim to the name by thier passing out of the stinky. It was never thiers though.

Ps. Dont give Milo yung (Big Buddah Seeds) too much stick. He's from round my area and he's got the real cut, same as mine. but he be doing some real work with it, his FreezeCheese is a brilliant but not commercial. His cheese is though, better yeilder and less stinky for quiter life.

Damn, gotta get photos up to show the real cheese. "2 weeks left! lol

pps carbon filters, Onu gels , sprays ozone's are all pointless if you got the real aniseed terpene cheese. I will get the name of the actual terpene. Psychosis//cheese all pre95 UK sk#1