What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey Deep, not trying to rub any salt in your wound. Maybe this will be a little inspiration until your next grow. Peace brother

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76620&pictureid=1871249&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76620&pictureid=1871250&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
Have a great day my friends! Peace :tiphat:

Hi farmerlion :tiphat:

What a pleasure to see such nice flowers in your garden so early in the season, you also got in your Auto Malawi x NLs F4 the big yielding sativa phenos i've been breeding for, excellent phenos and excellent growing skills friend, your autos don't show heat stress, i think this auto hybrid is very very suitable for your northern conditions. Chop time is close, right ? :D

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dubi, what do you recommend for Cal/Mg deficiency? Any special products/approaches?

Hi Bleiweis,

My local tap water has excessive Ca and Mg content so i have never been in need to buy a product to add them ... when the plants need it i just add a bit of the tap water to the osmosis water i use to water the plants and that's enough to provide them the correct amounts of Ca and Mg.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey elders :biggrin : some donks you 're waving over there,impressive!

I also had to harvest all of them due to last weeks extreme bad weather and the humidity levels in my "greenhouse " room. The last one got a very clumsy-fast track hand trimming .I had a few losses.I threw the really moulded ones away and the others that were close I washed with H2O2 (as my pal DWD said ,thanks man!) and after drying I kept in a jar,probably gonna have some medibles out of those.
The yield was pretty great for the light they got and a few mistakes during their veg stage.I don't keep a scale anymore at my house but let's just say that they surpassed my expectations.

I have tried the two first ones.{Disclaimer-High tolerance}The first is a light pleasurable toke,great for social interaction.The second is stronger for sure,lacking in duration but it is very early,two days ago the second one seemed to me as lighter than the first one,go figure.So I'll report in a couple of monts or so.In general,the autos have did their job for me,which was to avoid having to buy commercial weed if I'd run out before autumn harvest.So I think they have a place in my garden early in the season. I think I 'll start them even earlier next year.

I had no time and sobriety to take pics before taking them down after seeing botrytis.I'll post a couple samples of the curing buds,got a good portion in vacuum ,too.

No. 1,densest buds,smell is a bit chemmy/oregano .Surprisingly almost no mould(I thought there was none,but dwd said he spot some on this one and I DID find some! Thanks again mate!)

View Image

No. 2 ,second densest buds,most frosty ,smell reminds me of sickly sweet rotting pears with some hash tones.

View ImageView Image

No.3 .This one would make some mega donks if allowed.It needed at least one more week for my liking,but it was mature enough for harvest anyway.This one smelled like green apple skunk or something like this,but now it is mostly hay with some apple.It will become better with curing (just jarred it today)but this shitty weather didn't allow for the best cure ...

View Image

Hi Syd,

Congrats on the harvest, friend. Glad you have found your 'auto experience' worth to repeat despite a few losses due to mold .... seems the weather in your area has been really wet in the last stage of their flowering. As you well said, these kind of autos are very useful to have a bit of 'stash' in the jars for summer time while we wait for the main and best autumn harvest of the non autoflowering strains. Pear and apple aromas are the most appealing smells to be found in our Auto Malawi x NL line.

I also think autos can be started earlier in our benign mediterranean climate, i usually like to start them in the second half of March (depending on the weather and forecast at start of the spring) so they finish in late June/early July.

Wish the flowers of your Auto Malawi x NLs provide pleasant smokes during summer time ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here's another Auto Malawi x NL
You can see two Neville's Haze x Malawi in the red cups. I'll put one outside this week!
View Image

Hi Azure,

Nice to see more Auto Malawi x NLs being grown indoors.
Are you growing them with 18/6 growing photoperiod ?
Thanks for share it! :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi all
I got 3 auto Mal. The #1 totally NL, #2 indica/ sativa pheno and the most interesting #3 (the only one in autopot) a sativa/ indica pheno. She's started flowering at 5th week of life and have a month into flowering . She's close to 1.5 m tall after crash the mainstream. Nose is something between pineapple or mango juice maybe a peach tone too, and unbelievable resins produced.
Some photos

Hi Consolidated :)

Glad to know you are satisfied with the resin production and range of fruity aromas that you are finding in your Auto Malawi x NLs!

My favorite pheno is also the high yielding fruity sativa dom pheno with a huge main cola and heavy lateral buds too.
Wish you are enjoying there! ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Auto Malawi x NL F4

Auto Malawi x NL F4

The testing in the field of the new Auto Malawi x NL F4 generation has been a success. 100 feminized seeds were grown at the same time.

This F4 generation has higher prevalence of the desirable high yielding sativa dom phenos. The appealing fruity aromas (mainly pear, apple, a bit of peach, pineapple and mango too) found in previous generation are also very dominant in these phenos of the F4. The indica phenos have a creamier sweet indica aroma.

The indica phenos finish in approx 90 days since germination, while the sativa dom phenos take approx 100 days to finish since the day they born.

Despite the F4 has been inbred one generation further, it still retains the same vigor and yield than the previous one, or even more. Outstanding heavy buds in most of the plants, all of them with very high resin content.

A very small amount of the previous F3s (5 % approx) showed a few bananas in late flowering, this has been corrected in the F4 generation and none of the plants have shown any hermie sign.

I'm very happy when a new inbreeding generation surpass the previous one in all senses. :)

Attachments

• Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom phenos10.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom phenos10.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom phenos7.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom phenos7.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom phenos13.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom phenos13.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom phenos6.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom phenos6.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom phenos9.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom phenos9.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom phenos.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom phenos.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom phenos3.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom phenos3.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom phenos11.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom phenos11.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom phenos12.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom phenos12.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom phenos8.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom phenos8.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Auto Malawi x NL F4 more

Auto Malawi x NL F4 more

Auto Malawi x NL F4 more

Attachments

• Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno14.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno14.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno19.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno19.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom phenos2.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom phenos2.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom phenos5.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom phenos5.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom phenos4.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom phenos4.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno22.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno22.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 29
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno23.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno23.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno24.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno24.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno10.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno10.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno13.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno13.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 28

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Auto Malawi x NL F4 more II

Attachments

• Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno19.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno19.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno14.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno14.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno10.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno10.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno21.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno21.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno18.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno18.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno17.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno17.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno16.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno16.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno9.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno9.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno11.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno11.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno15.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno15.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 30

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Auto Malawi x NL F4 more III

Attachments

• Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno8.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno8.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 26
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno7.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno7.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno6.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno6.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno5.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno5.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno4.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno4.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno3.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno3.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno2.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno2.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 23
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa dom pheno.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 22

Bleiweis

Veteran
Smoked a big bud of the sativa leaning plant i had (2 weeks of curing). Obviously loaded with THC...exprienced some paranoia/fear/anxiety and confusion! Probably needs some more curing to take the edge off (i noticed this with mexican sativas also)! I think these AF are more than enough potent for the average consumer!

Ancient Sativa

Quick question for anyone who has grow this. How much does it smell?? Only thing I have ever grown is Nirvana's Auto NL as it has almost 0 smell. I live in an Apt but smell is my only issue.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Ancient Sativa,

Our Auto Malawi x NL has strong aromas, we have grown her both indoors and outdoors on a bigger scale and in both cases they stank, not like a roadkill skunk, but probably not fully discreet at all.

Ancient Sativa

Welcome Ancient Sativa,

Our Auto Malawi x NL has strong aromas, we have grown her both indoors and outdoors on a bigger scale and in both cases they stank, not like a roadkill skunk, but probably not fully discreet at all.

Thanks for the Reply Dubi. I thought maybe since its crossed with NL it might not have much of a smell. Someday If/When my living situation or the laws change I look forward to running your Genetics. Im a Sativa fan over Indica personally. Nirvana's NL Auto has been good to me over the years and I can pull around 1.5 -2 oz of good buds off a plant but its getting damn old.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
8-11 update

8-11 update

Hello all, I wanted to share my ladies with you. I need to thank my wife first. She has been a great help with watering while I'm working. It has been 100 f for the last few days. The plants wouldn't have faired well without her help.

The lower branches are falling over under the weight of the buds. They all seem to be wrist size in diameter. I used a .750 pop bottle to give a size reference of some of the buds.
Dubi, these are great genetics! Much thanks to you and your team for this offering. They are ideal for growers in my part of the world.

I look forward to running these again many seasons to come.

Both of these plants are seeded. One mostly with two Lebanese males I had and the other with a Blueberry male.
The Blueberries are slower to flower like the Peyote Purple plants are. (natural light cycle) My hope is to have an elevated CBD in some and a heavier producing Blueberry that is sooner to flower here in North Dakota. With recreational cannabis being voted on a short time away. These auto offerings from Ace will be very popular. I look forward to trying out some of the others to come from Ace soon.

I hope you all have a great and safe weekend. Peace :tiphat:

Shooters

Auto Malawi x Northern lights F3 #10

This was my last of the batch I bought and mostly grew out last year, I had two seeds left this spring so I put them in play in May, one was murdered by a bug or something but #10 grew very well, and ws mostly nanner free except this last week it started pushing out three of them so I harvested it. Has some awesome aroma to it that I don't have definitions for other than I love it.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
8-21 update

8-21 update

Hey all, Just wanted to put up one quick picture.

Hope you all have a great week. Peace MedDakotabis:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts