What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks great man! Hope all is well with you.
Scraping through the last months of 2020 looking for the bright side. Looks like were gonna make it!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
those plants look great fiddy!
nice chuncky buds witha hint of color in them? what are your temps been like lately
it was a tough loss but still a great game for the packers this week
the pack has certainly been hot and cold this year, but the whole nfc.n has been kind of a shit show this year and the pack still has a'rog under center
it took everything the colts had (a young up and comin team) to beat them
/based on him alone im going to say they win their division
so have you aniled down your plans for the holidays? the mrs and girl have decided on a no meat, no wheat meal and im not on board at all
im brought a bird over to my friends house earlier today for him to smoke for me
ill just whip up some mashed potatoes and a box of stuffing and im all set
i was going to make that blue berry buckle for a desert, but someone got all high the other night and ate all the blue berries
have you guys got the decorations up around the house yet?
you mentioned the wife was working on them and i hope you guys are all set for a happy and thankful holiday
regardless of the nonsence going on in the world this is a time to celebrate what really matters most
thanks for being my friend and i hope you have a great short week brother!

that goes for all you goons! as well
happy holidays to all of you and yours!!

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy Thanksgiving Eve! Tonight is usually the biggest go out and party night of the year (with the possible exception of new years) but I'm thinking it won't be as big this year as normal. There is a party and band at a buddy's bar tonight but I'm on the fence about going or not. I'm working a long day today and its hard to have the energy after that. Its going to be a last minute decision for sure.
I hope that all the people that have contributed or read this thread are set to have a good Thanksgiving tomorrow. This year is a bitch and it can be hard to find as much to be thankful about but its still important to find something to be thankful for. Having a positive mental attitude makes everything in life better!

@Tonygreen. Thanks buddy! I know I'm not the best grower around but I love being self sufficient and having better buds than I can buy around here!
I'm doing well and keeping it positive!
I hope you and your fam are well and I know there have been a lot of challenges the last couple years. 2020 isn't going g down as anyone's favorite year but it I know your right we will make it through and out the other side there will be better times.

@pop_rocks. Thanks for the kind words brother. Temps are low 70's lights off mid 70's lights on. I think the purple tint is genetic rather than from temps. She has red stems too but never purple on her leaves.
I think that any NFL team would be in trouble if they failed to score any points in the second half, until a game tying field goal with just a few seconds left. They just didn't have any momentum and I don't think anyone was surprised to see them loose in overtime. But your right the Colts played great defense and it was close all the way. The pack are still in great shape to win the central and have pretty good seeding in the playoffs, unless things go bad in the next few games. We play the bears twice and Detroit once more and we tend to do well against divisional opponents.
!looks like the wife and I are going to go to my moms tomorrow. Its just going to be the two of us, my mom and her husband, and his sister so a small gathering. We will still have the favorite foods and plenty of wine, just less people to eat and drink. More for me LOL!
Oh nooo, no meat and no wheat? I could deal with no wheat but no bird would be too weird for me. I think your smart not to resist and to take that bird to your buddy. You can keep the lady's happy and have the bird to yourself like the best of both worlds. Like you said its easy to whip up some mashed and stuffing and go to town.
The wife didn't get as far with the decorating as she hoped. She bought all new sets of outside lights last year and a lot of them are out already. I plan on spending some time helping troubleshooting the bulbs tomorrow or over the weekend. She wants a new tree this year and can't decide weather to get a live one or a fake one. We had a fake one that's been fine for like the last 12 years but its time for a change.
Your so right buddy, its time to be thankful and celebrate with family, even if its virtual for some of us. There is a lot of negative shit going on in the world but we have the choice to stay positive.
Have a great Thanksgiving man!

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey Jungle mates,

Just wanted to say hello, and wish you guys a happy Thanksgiving. Even in this crazy time. I have alot to be thankful for. Hope you guys have a great holiday.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
when you step back and really look at things we all have plenty to be thankful for
im thankful for such a cool group of friends who i can share and learn and learn from
you guys are the best

thats awesome you are having a nice small get together with your mom and family and i hope everyone enjoys the day
be sure to do your part and eat extra for the people who cant make it, my friend!
going to head over to my friends house later and pick up some bird and i cant wait for a nice big thanksgiving meal
have the best day off and happy holidays!

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
I hope everyone had a grateful day yesterday and got to celebrate with loved ones, even if it was a virtual visit! I was able to have a meal with my mom and her husband and his sister. We kept a good distance and I texted back and fourth with the rest of my family. It was a little strange with so few at the dinner table but the food was good and there was plenty of it.

@Packerfan. Its good to hear from you 'Pack. I hope.you and your family had a great day and your bellies are still full. Your so right that even in this crazy year we still have plenty to be thankful for!

@pop_rocks. Your so right buddy! Even though there are a lot of negative things going on in the world this year there is still so much to be thankful for. Friends, family, having a home to live in and being able to grow some good buds are things that I can take for granted. Maybe with all the bad things this year I'm even more thankful for the little.things in life.
I hope you and your family had a great Holliday yesterday. How did that turkey turn out? Delicious I'm sure! What did the lady's substitute for the meat and the wheat? Tofu turkey? I think thats actually a thing, my cousin is vegetarian and had one last year. I hope you got.your fill of great food and football!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening brothr! glad to hear you all had a good thanksgiving
even if the table wasnt as crowded as usual, it was nice to get together with family and friends
being thankful is what this holiday is was all about and we all have plenty to be thankful for this year
the mrs actually made some crazy delicious stuff for her no meat no wheat thanksgiving
she made this roasted onion tart things that was amazing and one of her friends had some fancy vegan dishes
/one of them tasted just like an asian style roasted chicken, but it was meatless
i had my friend smoke me a bird and it came out super moist and smokey
i got a smaller bird and ended up giving my buddy a bunch of the left overs but still had enough for turkey meals yesterday and some today
the football wasnt what i was hoping for but it was still football
the thursday night game was rescheduled because of covid but we still got to see a couple of day games
im going to miss the action this weekend because we are going camping for the mrs birthday
we are heading out to the mountains here tomorrow morning and im going to pre grill up some meat later today plus make some pre made breakfasts
/of course there are a couple extra steaks for dinner tonight
cant wait to head out and enjoy some nature
hope you all had a great thansgiving and are looking forward to an even better christmas holiday

Fiddynut

happening brothr! glad to hear you all had a good thanksgiving
even if the table wasnt as crowded as usual, it was nice to get together with family and friends
being thankful is what this holiday is was all about and we all have plenty to be thankful for this year
the mrs actually made some crazy delicious stuff for her no meat no wheat thanksgiving
she made this roasted onion tart things that was amazing and one of her friends had some fancy vegan dishes
/one of them tasted just like an asian style roasted chicken, but it was meatless
i had my friend smoke me a bird and it came out super moist and smokey
i got a smaller bird and ended up giving my buddy a bunch of the left overs but still had enough for turkey meals yesterday and some today
the football wasnt what i was hoping for but it was still football
the thursday night game was rescheduled because of covid but we still got to see a couple of day games
im going to miss the action this weekend because we are going camping for the mrs birthday
we are heading out to the mountains here tomorrow morning and im going to pre grill up some meat later today plus make some pre made breakfasts
/of course there are a couple extra steaks for dinner tonight
cant wait to head out and enjoy some nature
hope you all had a great thansgiving and are looking forward to an even better christmas holiday

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving as well. The roasted onion tart sounds great! I love meat but I can certainly get into some good meatless food as well. I'm not sure I've had a great vegan dishes and I'd think it would be a lot harder to cook something good that was vegan. I love cheese and other dairy too much to even think about withholding that from my diet. I'm glad your bird came out well and you had plenty of that for a few meals.
I hope you had a great time camping over the weekend! How was the weather? Its been pretty nice here and I got to play a couple rounds of disc golf over the weekend. This weeks forecast is still on the warm side for this aria but staying with highs in the 30's up to about 40. Winter is on the way here in the north!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening brother! hope you are starting your day off on a great note
those are your high temps? how cold does it get at night
just got back form camping and i cant tell you how much fun we had
/i need to do this more
my fingers are sore and i ache all over but its that good kind of sore you feel when you are living the good life
it got down into the high 20-low30 while we were there, but when you are close to the fire its great, plus we had a couple sleeping bags so inside the tent it was nice
we also bundled up but i dident have to put on my winter coat, i was fine with t-shirt, thermals and then a hoodie
there was a super full moon of something like that while we were out there too and that was pretty cool to see (@0400)
we ended up meeting a couple super cool folks out there while we were up there camping too and i will have to mention them more and maybe post a pic or two in a follow up post
i also have a pick of the mrs. tart and i can post that as well
have a great day brotehr and i hope you are enjoying the holiday season!

Fiddynut

happening brother! hope you are starting your day off on a great note
those are your high temps? how cold does it get at night
just got back form camping and i cant tell you how much fun we had
/i need to do this more
my fingers are sore and i ache all over but its that good kind of sore you feel when you are living the good life
it got down into the high 20-low30 while we were there, but when you are close to the fire its great, plus we had a couple sleeping bags so inside the tent it was nice
we also bundled up but i dident have to put on my winter coat, i was fine with t-shirt, thermals and then a hoodie
there was a super full moon of something like that while we were out there too and that was pretty cool to see (@0400)
we ended up meeting a couple super cool folks out there while we were up there camping too and i will have to mention them more and maybe post a pic or two in a follow up post
i also have a pick of the mrs. tart and i can post that as well
have a great day brotehr and i hope you are enjoying the holiday season!
Things are going well so far. Its been down in the low to mid 20's at night, cold enough to freeze all the puddles of water on the ground. The top inches of ground go through a freeze\thaw cycle every day and night here too until it just gets cold enough to stay frozen. It's that freeze thaw keeps the trails from drying out and the disc golf course too. I saw that Alpine Valley started making snow yesterday so the mountain biking trails there are closed until spring.
I'm glad to hear that you had a great time camping! I hope you get time to do a lot more camping and exploring in the near future. Your so right about that 'good sore' feeling you get when doing more and different activities than normal. It lets you know your using all of those muscles. Temps around 30 must feel pretty chilly for you Southern Cali folks. You make a great point about how a nice fire feels when its cold and it really warms you up to the core.
Its always nice to meet new people and even better if they are extra cool! Are the folks you met from your aria or travelling? I would think it would be a great time to take a trip out there, especially to travel around and escape the cold if you live in the north. I'm guessing this time of year isn't as crowded as spring or earlier in time the fall. Tell us more about your new friends and post them pics bro!

Rodehazrd

Hey Fiddy Im glad all are well in the jungle.
I had some snow here and the wind has some teeth but we are warm. I plan to start up the wood boiler today it can overheat if the Heat isn’t transfered and I get it too full of wood so I wait for some constant cold
RIL you asked about is unruly and doesn’t play well with others. Here are two pix. I edited the color but you can see my issues. In flower the long bottom skunk and Vicie just peak out of the screen on left ril on right is bent over and woven in for 18”.
Other pix is mother’s same age Vicie on right and the ril I broke one side of main stem spraying. Early spring I plan to do a sog putting in just rooted clones. The smoke is heavy for daytime but has a place in the pantry. My next purchase will be Tony’s Great Lakes haze if it grows like the RIL I’ll have monsters.
@ pop rocks
That cherry pie looks awesome you really rocked that strain.

Attachments

• 05CBAAC7-AE40-4960-A1B6-529C114E5E6A.jpg
    05CBAAC7-AE40-4960-A1B6-529C114E5E6A.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 9
  • FA8E8DE8-995A-40C0-9F92-B24D2E68A7F0.jpg
    FA8E8DE8-995A-40C0-9F92-B24D2E68A7F0.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 13

Fiddynut

Hey Fiddy Im glad all are well in the jungle.
I had some snow here and the wind has some teeth but we are warm. I plan to start up the wood boiler today it can overheat if the Heat isn’t transfered and I get it too full of wood so I wait for some constant cold
RIL you asked about is unruly and doesn’t play well with others. Here are two pix. I edited the color but you can see my issues. In flower the long bottom skunk and Vicie just peak out of the screen on left ril on right is bent over and woven in for 18”.
Other pix is mother’s same age Vicie on right and the ril I broke one side of main stem spraying. Early spring I plan to do a sog putting in just rooted clones. The smoke is heavy for daytime but has a place in the pantry. My next purchase will be Tony’s Great Lakes haze if it grows like the RIL I’ll have monsters.
@ pop rocks
That cherry pie looks awesome you really rocked that strain.

Good afternoon Rhodehazrd.
Its good to hear you are well! We have had a couple of barley measurable snows here but so far just a tease. But its been getting cold at night and I noticed that a pond I go by on my way to work was just frozen over this morning. The geese were walking around on the ice probably looking for a drink of water.
That RIL looks like a monster. She may to be asking you to monocrop her. I love to have variety but when I do mixed strain runs I always seem to have issues with some strains being more vigorous than others and it makes it tough to keep them all happy. I guess we could say that plants being a little too vigorous is a "good problem" to have. I'm with you on getting some more of Tony's genetics myself I need to see what kind of Holliday specials GLG has going on.
Looks like cool weather is on the way so keep that boiler rolling and stay warm brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happy holidays friends! i hope every is feeling the christmas spirit

those plants look great rhode! i like the leaf structure and it looks like they are going to yeild big
what size containers do you ahve them going in?
stay warm and i hope you and the fam are all doing well

here are some pics and a little story fiddy', i hope you enjoy
it got pretty cold up there in the mountains but i enjoyed it
plus the water up there is amazing and i refilled all our water jugs before we came back home

the foliage up there was beautiful and while we dident get to do all the hiking we wanted, we went on a few fun treks and found some pretty cool stuff in the woods
/a couple fun rope swings and a plank swing
while we were sitting aruond the fire a lady came up and asked us about the camping site so we got to talking and her and the mrs hit it off almost immediately! she was up there camping on her own and was there to check out the full moon
turns out there was also the penultimate full moon that weekend, which was just a really big bright full moon and its peak was at like 0400
suddenly her and the mrs are planning on getting up and hiking to the top of the mountain ...
the ended up not doing that, but i did get up to grab a pic

so the next morning the lady showed back up and we talked and her and the mrs sipped tea
then the park host came by and seeing the fun asked if he could hang out
we met the night before when i boght some wood off him and he was a really cool dude
we ended up spending most of the afternoon just hanging out and talking about all sorts of interesting and fun things
he even gave me his phone number and said if we ever want to come back to let him know and there will always be a spot for us up there
its starting to get pretty cold for mountain camping, they closed a site just across the road that monday and it gets really icy when it snows
it was a great time and we got to make a couple new friends!

/thats me on the left with mrs chicky in the green, the park host is l.right and then the nice lady we met

there is something about being in nature that just makes you feel happy and we are already planning our next adventure

hope you are all having a great week and ready for the weekend!

Fiddynut

That sounds like a great time buddy. I think that its easier to deal with cold weather than extremely hot weather. Between layers of clothes and jackets,hats,gloves a person can be pretty comfortable, even when its below zero and colder. Plus there is the wonderful warmth of a nice fire.
Good thinking filling those water jugs, cold mountain spring water kicks ass.
I love the pic of the trees. They look like peak fall colors. Its strange to see leaves we haven't had leaves for over a month around here. You know I love a good rope swing brother!
Its great that your Mrs and the new friend hit it off so quick. Unless you were hoping for a couples weekend just the two of you that is. But its great to meet new people and get to know a little about them. Was she local or traveling? Having a good connection with the park host should come up big in the future! I bet it gets pretty busy at the campground during peek season and if you can call that guy and get some strings pulled to get a spot that would be super cool. You guys look super happy in that picture. I hope y'all can connect again sometime!
The moon pic is a great shot between the two tree tops. You can tell its full by that aurora all the way around.
Looks like a great trip you had. It doesn't get any better than that buddy!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah im going to txt him that pic and say thank you for all the great memories! just to keep in touch
it was a fun camp site made better by the great people we met
the lady is local to the area, she is a teacher at one of the local colleges
she was very into the moon and that was part of the reason she went up there
/by herself i might add, kick ass lady!
she had some fun stories to tell about teaching and how covid has impacted her
the camp host was super cool and i will definitely be going back up there
i like a good rope swing too but i think my fat ass was approaching the mx load on a lot of those branches
the lady took the first swing because she was the smallest... everything went fine
mrs chicky went and it goes great
i get on and the branch flexes and groans
we tried a few swings and they were all fun and like i said we found a plank swing, just like a swing set but at its apex, you went over a gulley
/= my fat ass flying off into space
it was a great time and i cant wait to go back!
its funny because i seem to be way more heat tolerant than i am with the cold
i thrive in 80-90* temps, but the cold hurts
but like you said, you bundle up and there is always a hot shower if tihngs got too bad
/they dont, we hardly ever turn on the heat
so what are your plans for this weekend? i cant believe how fast the week has flown by and you know the end of the year is going to be here before you know it!
have a great day buddy and be sure to give ego a big pat from me!
/that was another great thing, p'mar seemed to be a very dog friendly camp site

packerfan79

Veteran
What's up jungle mates,

Sounds like you had a great camping trip Pop Rocks. We went to silverwood last Friday, ate some shrooms and froze our asses off. My bro in law caught a nice striper. I got skunked but had a great trip.

So , my boss got fired this morning. Looks like I have a promotion and a raise coming soon. The manager wants to give me a couple weeks to make sure I can do what I need to. I have been doing most of the work up until now, shouldn't be a problem.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy Saturday! I hope y'all had a good week and your weekend is off to a great start.

@pop_rocks. Good thinking to keep in touch with the camp host. I'm sure he knows some of the lesser traveled parts of that park and some really cool spots to.check out the next times you go there. And you guys might even find you have more in common and start a friendship. Same with the woman you guys met. Any woman that's up for camping by herself should have some great stories to share and be pretty independent.
Sounds like you need to take care on that rope swing. I've gained a few pounds this year and need to refocus on my diet and portion sizes after the holidays. But the rope swings I'm experienced with all swing out over water and are fun in the summertime. We had one on one of the islands up on the lake where our cabin was. Swinging over land sounds like fun but you sure don't want something to break and send you tumbling.
The packers play the afternoon game tomorrow so I've got some time early in the day to get stuff done around the house. My bro and I are going to go to a bar for the game and let someone else do the cooking and pour the drinks.
I hope you have a great weekend too buddy!

@Packerfan. Congratulations on the promotion! You work hard and deserve it. I hope your company does the right thing and rewards you well!
A fishing trip with shrooms sounds like a great time even if you don't do any catching!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fellas!

that is great news p'man! im sure will be a great supervisor
you know how to do the job and are a fair minded person and im sure you will be able to get the best out of the guys you look after
plus the extra money dosent hurt
the mrs has been talking about enjoying a mystical journey lately, how are the fun guys in your area?

the camp host was super cool and i will definitely be keeping in touch
the swings were well made (you could tell by the knots they used), but i just would have chosen a bigger branch
i did kind of puss out and could have went for bigger swings, but i still left the ground and had fun
rams play late too so i have the whole morning to enjoy
hope you have a great weekend and are getting all set for the holidays!

Fiddynut

happening fellas!

that is great news p'man! im sure will be a great supervisor
you know how to do the job and are a fair minded person and im sure you will be able to get the best out of the guys you look after
plus the extra money dosent hurt
the mrs has been talking about enjoying a mystical journey lately, how are the fun guys in your area?

the camp host was super cool and i will definitely be keeping in touch
the swings were well made (you could tell by the knots they used), but i just would have chosen a bigger branch
i did kind of puss out and could have went for bigger swings, but i still left the ground and had fun
rams play late too so i have the whole morning to enjoy
hope you have a great weekend and are getting all set for the holidays!

Its interesting today I was looking on some info on Lou Reed and it seems that someone named an asteroid after him In 2002 and it was discovered from the Palomar Observatory. Small world. I hope the Observatory is open on one of your future trips there.
It looks like your rams and the Packers both took care of business on Sunday. My bro and I were out at a bar for the game on Sunday and there were several Bears fans there. They were all happy and looking forward to a win over Detroit with a 10 point lead and under 4 minutes to play and we were telling them not to be so confident because they suck so much. As the bears failed to run out the clock and pissed away the lead we were laughing at them and all wondering why they just don't seem to know how to play with a lead. As soon as the game was over someone played "the bears still suck" on the jukebox. It must really suck to be a bears fan in Packer country, but I remember in the 80's when they were beating us every year and laughing at us Packer fans.
I hope you had a great weekend and are starting the week off strong!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening brother! hope your having a great week
christmas is in the air and i am enjoying our night time walks around the neighborhood with all the lights and decorations
plus there is this nice peaceful feeling in the air ; this truely is the most wonderful time of the year
thats so cool that you were reading about something that happened up there, kind of wierd how things can connect in life sometimes
i think the palomar observatory is a world class spot for star gazing and they really do all they can to make it a good place to look at the night sky
all the lights i saw in the area are red or orange so they dont mess with your night vision that much and its up in the mountains so its away from the city lights
i havent heard the song the bears still suck but this hasnt been there year at all
i remember some of those glory years bears fans enjoyed and hopefully they will be able to rebuild here and get back to being a decent team
its all part of the flow of the game but for now it must be fun to be a rival teams fan
its all in good fun and i hope you guys had a great time at the bar
/was it the one with the plane outside? what gun were they auctioning off this time?
have a great week brother and be sure to watch the big rams / patriots game tomorrow night