What's new

Anyone else growing giant pumpkins?

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This from the Giantpumpkins.com website: [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]2009 - Christy Harp and her 1725 pound World Record!
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]New World Record!!
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]
[/FONT]Christy Harp on her 1725 pound pumpkin weighed at the Ohio Valley Giant Pumpkin Growers GPC weigh-off in Canfield, Ohio on October 3, 2009. Christy grew this AWESOME pumpkin on the 1385.5 Jutras 2007 seed.
picture.php

Fulvic_farmer

New Millenium Nutrients are one of the best fertilizers for growing giant Pumpkins.

Rocky Mountain Giant Vegetable Growers. Do an amazing job with the Nutrient line.

I defiantly recommend New Mill for serious growers.

rolandomota

Veteran
Old thread but yes i grew one this year and last this years was is smaller it got a late start because my dog [a boxer]tore up the first one so the second one i planted is still maturing but i feel like i can do better. Or maybe im at the limit for how big i can grow them. Im not sure if im underfeeding overfeeding or overwatering but my plant always seems to start dying fast once the pumpkin is almost finished. Its a good size for my needs i forget what kind it was but its a giant variety. I had Lots of luck with watermelons though it was my first time growing the seeds from store bought watermelons and i am wondering why i never did it before. The last ones are starting to get big right now. I think i got 20 the whole year from 5 plants i will do better next year for sure. Cantaloupe is harder to get right with less overall production compared to the watermelons. I cant wait to eat some homegrown pumpkin pie this year again.

Latest posts

Latest posts