What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blunts XMAS Gift #2

Very nice. Love the bounce in the beginning, quite the rebound. Inspirational.

Somebody is going to have a merry christmas, thats for sure.

So are you growing the gifts you'll be giving out? If so that is a genious idea, i'll definitely save a few bucks this year giving out homegrown eighths (something i know friends and family will appreciate) instead of going to the goddamned mall.

I imagine my cousin trying to figure out whats in her gift, shaking and squeezing it, then finally smelling it, thats right, i somehow giftwrapped a skunks ass-glands. Homemade gifts truly are better than anything you buy in a store.

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
some inspiration on camera!!! got bored tonight took these..

9118ohbabyohbaby.jpg

9118leaves2314.jpg

9118traic325235.jpg

9118triacs.jpg

9118trias238095.jpg

Yes i sure do give out some Xmas weed at Xmas time!!! 1/4 to all my good freinds.. I try to give them the big mother nugs, the stuff you never get in a regular baggy most times i just leave a big nug in their mailboxs with a bow around it!!!!! I get a good reaction 100% of the time! haha! cant wait !!!

Last edited:
E

EatShitake

Wow man. Excellent macros! Looks like a trichome forest from outer space.
Thanks for sharing.

:joint:

Budweiser13

Love your grow man I have been reading all of your past threads. I love that you are doing so well with the Lucas formula. You say your bloom booster is PK boost who makes it? And when and how much per gallon do you add of the PK boost? :rasta:

Blunt_69

Veteran
Its called Laters bloom booster(you gotta be super careful with it)Made by laters. I use 10ml per 4 liters, then slowly drop it to 5 ml near the end of flower along side lucas of course!. If you use to much you will burn your plants, so be careful!!

Thanks for sliding in here stonedtodeath, i can finally pick up the camera and take some cool photos for you guys!Only gets better from here!!

Last edited:

Sleepy

Veteran
tagging in for the final cut...

tagging in for the final cut...

wow, they look amazing!!

great recovery, blunt!! :rasta:

Blunt_69

Veteran
EatShitake - thanks bro, I have been working the macros scene for just over a year now.. The biggest thing is you need the camera and steady hand to get it clear and zoomed in as possible.

Sleepy - right on!! Thanks, it was a quick turn around indeed, now the new problem of the stupid biatchis fallin over due to sheer wieght...!!

last one untill next update....prolly mid week here.

9118yeaheaa.jpg

Last edited:
E

EatShitake

Hey Blunt. Sorry for the off-topic, but what kind of camera are you using? That's some nice trich detail. I don't think my crappy 1MP Kodak old-ass relic can capture that much detail, so I'll be looking for an upgrade in the next several weeks. Maybe take advantage of some holiday season sales.

G

Wow.......7 wks to the day from start of thread........Amazing...

Wow.......7 wks to the day from start of thread........Amazing...

Damn Blunt ........I believe X-mas is gonna be more fruitful this yr than last.....Did I read you`ve got new genetics to try out in the tray`s?............Hard to beat those NL`s performance dewd.......Killer work Blunt.......We expect nothin less.......teehee...DHF....... :joint: .....

Last edited:

Blunt_69

Veteran
Yeah.. Ive got white widow lined up for next round... Maybe some NL to... Like you say, its hard to beat performance of this genetic. maybe i'll try a half and half room. 3 ww 3 NL.I only run 6 plants at a time!

Eatshitake - Camera specs are Canon S2IS with unlimited macro focus(they call it super macro mode). The s3IS also has this feature and is one mega pixel better 6.0.. However, the S3 only has X12 optical zoom. the S2 has X12 optical plus a X8 digital. In my opinion the newer cam(s3) is not as good , even with it's higher mega pixel rating. I should also say I use both of these cams on a regular basis. My Boss bought the S3 (which i recomended),for video. I use it for her because she is digital dumb. There is no other camera on the market that i know of that offers macro detail like this except for the high end SLR cams. everything else is 5cm-10 cm maximum focus range for macros

dedhedfred- man i cant screw up anymore!!!If i did nobody would read my threads!!!lol.... seriously though, im ready for xmas...bring it on baby!!!

blunt69

Last edited:
B

Bigtimer7

Still doing great man! Love everything bout this specially those pics boy!~ Im bout to burn one in honor of your harvest and in honor of mine :joint:

Blunt_69

Veteran
"".......Rudoph with your nose so bright.....wont you guide my sleigh tonight... Then all the raindeer loved him......and they shouted out with glee.... Rudoph the red nosed raindeer, you go down in history......""

couldnt resist it......!! what a hard shot that is to get properly... damnnnn way harder then macros....

MERRY CHRISTMAS

9118fwaefsefeq.jpg

911812783698273.jpg

blunt69

Last edited:

sensiskrap

Merry Blunt-Mas!

Merry Blunt-Mas!

Damn Blunt, that really got me in the blunt-mas mood.
the growth is amazing, huge colas!!

have been looking for some answers with no luck, so hope you don't mind if i bombard you with questions.

first some updates from my magic tray. approx day 34 of flower.

the whole canopy.

the light is about 12-inches off the plants, and its obviously brighter right down the middle. should i move the light up to better distribute the light? my thinking right now is closer light=more intensity=denser buds. would the airier buds on the edges dramatically benefit if the light is moved up? (w/out affecting the already dense center buds)

middle canopy closer

this is where the light is the most intense, and the buds look much denser than the rest.

underneath

probably needs some trimming.

couple close-ups.

sorry, not the best shots.
If you look closely at the fan leaves in these closeup shots you can see a white powdery residue on the leaves. it feels like talcum powder and it covers all the leaves. (no smell to it) i dont think its a pest, but not sure what it is.

after following your trimming pics in this thread i see that i over trimmed to late into budding and im getting lots of smaller buds than a bunch of larger ones. i think that is partially the idea of a scrog, but next time im trimming less in flower to hopefully get some of those giant cola.

finally, now that im getting closer to the end, what do you recommend for the final flush? have read some contradicting theories here in IC and in books. ie, nutes all the way through the end, to 2-week plainwater. I noticed that in the past you do a plain water flush for a week or so, what the shortest time in plain water you would recommend? any other supplments you would add at that point?

thanks again Blunt.

Blunt_69

Veteran
sensiskrap

the light is about 12-inches off the plants, and its obviously brighter right down the middle. should i move the light up to better distribute the light? my thinking right now is closer light=more intensity=denser buds. would the airier buds on the edges dramatically benefit if the light is moved up? (w/out affecting the already dense center buds)

Your thinking is correct.. however your problem is that you need another light to better distribute your light. You could move it up but, you may sacrifice a loss of yeild off of everything as you loose massive lumens every inch you move away from the canopy.So I leave it to you to make that call, personally i'd leave it.

If you look closely at the fan leaves in these closeup shots you can see a white powdery residue on the leaves. it feels like talcum powder and it covers all the leaves. (no smell to it) i dont think its a pest, but not sure what it is.

You sir have powdery mildew.... which will eventually get outta control and make your buds taste like crap... soo to fix it you have a few choices..you can use a spray(personally i dont reccomend this at all at this stage of the game) You can buy a sulpur burner and attack it this way, you dont want to use it in the final few weeks of flower though.. or fix the problem enitirely and drop the humidity into the 40% range using a dehumidifier.

finally, now that im getting closer to the end, what do you recommend for the final flush? have read some contradicting theories here in IC and in books. ie, nutes all the way through the end, to 2-week plainwater. I noticed that in the past you do a plain water flush for a week or so, what the shortest time in plain water you would recommend? any other supplments you would add at that point?

mmmK you have read contridicting info because everyone thinks that there is some secret to finishing in hydro. There is no secret in hydro you can signficantly flush out minimum a 5 days, I like to do a 2 week flush myself , i like my bud to taste and burn to the highest quality possible in hydro. I usally run a light feed of Seaweed sludge 1-1-1 first week. then straite water. This round im gonna try a mollasses flush. and see if i like it.

Some are gonna stab me for this statement... but running nutes full strength till the end is retarded in hydro, your weed is not going to taste or burn very good at all.. I have proved it to myself as i have tried it using GH nutes and I know this to be very stupid thing to do. I have also had success dropping my PPMs gradually untill the end as well.But I like a 2 week flush the best.

EatShitake - thanks dude!! Im feeling like im in the Xmas mood!!!!lol

PIFFDADDY - Merry Christmas man!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts