What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blunts XMAS Gift #2

B

Bigtimer7

Blunt pimpin it like always! You wrote in the dry nutrients thread that you were mad about people destroying threads like that one and putting your down at the bottom well Im GUNNA keep you at the top.... as long as you keep it green :joint:

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
x-mas is coming along nicely

well You know... the early bird gets the worm......Lol Thanks Sugabear!!

LOL Sweet man aways trying to help keep the peace..... enjoy the thread bigtime.

Well Ive got the dehumidifier hooked up to the system..Kinda cool actually!!My initial plumbing plan kinda didnt work out ; as in the pieces i bought didnt fit.... which made the project take longer ,as i had to come up with something on the fly(hate that) But turns out i had what i needed in the first place...so...i now should be able to extend the period of time inbetween feeds. I am hopeing this helps with a more balanced equalibrium of the envirment overall as well.

Which is perfect timing, cause im going away for 3 days!!! Ive left them before for prolong periods, but that was always in veg!! Ive made all the adjustments i can think of...so..it all should be good to go!! The de humidifier provides almost a 1.5 gallons of water per night/day. Many of you know is balanced PH and is close to 0 ppm. Damn close to RO quality water outta thin air!!

Im just hoping no unforseens happen while im gone..Just keep telling myself it will be all good!!

B

Bigtimer7

Im sure everything will be good, just set your alarm! Anyways man great job, great grow. Are you saying that the dehumidifier will let you prolong the watering period because it produces water? Thats tight if thats true is that what you meant?

Blunt_69

Veteran
Whaddup VH!! Ive been wondeing...where the heck is everyone!!! Thanks for popping in man!

Here are some Pics of the dehumidifier hooked up into the lower Rez. I used small diameter hard plastic hose, and a few fittings..

9118autowatersupply.jpg

9118dehumhooked.jpg

B

Bigtimer7

Damn thats so tight how you did that with the dehumidifier. Thats so awesome. Good job and I cant wait to see the end result! Keep it green..

sensiskrap

newby, magic trays, 600w, GH=success?

newby, magic trays, 600w, GH=success?

What up Blunt, been lurking through your pages, and finally have something to show, and a couple questions.
The system is basically your magic trays with a pump in the tray instead of a bubbler.
this is my first grow, first scrog, first everything, so any suggestions would be appreciated.
The room is 2' x 5' (w/only about 4-5' of height-including tray) lighting is 600w, GH nutes.
There is only room for 3-4 plants, and seeing that im a dumbass newby i choose 3 different strains instead of picking one. :bashhead:
they are pot o gold, bc big buds, and a purple cush.
my current stage, 21 days flowering.

the canopy

super excited to have gotten this far.

the tray rocks, lots o roots.

so everything is going really well so far. params, ph 6.5, tds between 1,100- 700ppm, temps and humidity are good.

the questions.
first, my R/O water is coming out at ph of 8.0, but the system runs at an acceptable 6.5. do i need to worry about this? should i be adjusting the top off water? seems counterproductive if the systems PH is stable at 6.5. the topoff water is on a float valve so only a little goes in at once.

second, due to height limits im doing a scrog, and did some substantial pruning and training last night. hard to tell, but the results in these pics.

being unsure as to what the plants could handle, im not sure if my pruning was enough, or too much. i basically cut off any fan leaves above the screen that were blocking a bud site, which was pretty much all the upper fan leaves. this did reveal a ton of hidden bud sites, hopefully a good choice. now that ive exposed as many bud sites as possible is it time to stop pruning?

i noticed your only tried a scrog once, why's you give it up?

thanks Blunt for all the info you posted. couldn't of pulled this off w/out it.

Blunt_69

Veteran
sensiskrap

Well bro you just made me smile!! I have often wondered if i would ever see the trays replicated!! Thats super duper cool!! I am glad i have been of some assitance!! Im soo happy im gonna have a toke!!lol

anyways...onto the serious stuff.

my R/O water is coming out at ph of 8.0, but the system runs at an acceptable 6.5. do i need to worry about this.
... well yes and no..

I do not use R/O water so im no expert in this area.., however i do belive your R/O unit should output a more balanced ph of 7.0ph, im sure somebody will chime in here to enlighten us!!.

It's not a huge problem but 6.5 is on the high side of the PH scale in hydro. you should be closer to 5.8-6.0 to get proper uptake of all nutrients avalible to the root zone. I would adjust your top off solution and possibly mixture and to hit closer to this target, as long as it's not excessive amounds of PH down.

now that ive exposed as many bud sites as possible is it time to stop pruning?

Yes if you are that far into flower i say YES no more.... 2 weeks into flower max on pruning, you definatly wanna keep plant stress levels at a minimum in this stage. I dont personally remove fan leaves as they come in handy near the end of the flowercycle.

i noticed your only tried a scrog once, why's you give it up?

good question... Well to be honest ive honed pruning skills to the point, that i feel i can better yeild then scrog. If I had more SQ footage it would be better. However... I will eventually give it another round in the future!! gotta switch it up once inawhile..

PIFFDADDY - thanks bro!!!! enjoy!

Bigtimer7 - Well I acually picked the dehumidifier from the dump!!!it was in the recycle pile.. When i got it home I wiped it down to discover it was damn near new and barely used!! the front faceplate protective plastic was still intact!! A kick ass score for sure!

sensiskrap

thanks for the response Blunt.
hope i didn't cause to much stress with my over pruning.
i didn't notice any big signs of stress...yet.
how are the fan leaves helpful later in flower? i just assumed they blocked too much light and cut most of the upper ones off; are the flowers able to absorb light? or is it only the leaves?

the trays were a lifesaver for my situation. i was getting ready to do bio buckets but didn't have the height. then saw them MAGICAL trays!! unfortunately i had to rush my build, and just threw a powerhead in the tray instead of an air pump. after this cycle im going to put the "air wall" in instead. the problem is that the roots keep growing into to the powerhead intake and blocking it. plus, as the roots grow, there is less and less circulation in the tray.

thanks again Blunt

G

Hot damn Blunt. Looking very nice. It's so easy to keep a plant alive once you've got it down. You've done a very nice job turning those girls around! Can't wait to see what kind of finish you pull off! :yes:

Blunt_69

Veteran
Got some lights off pics for all me chillen homies!!
mmmm im thinking they ready for a PK shot eh!!

9118clearcolas212.jpg

9118Damaaamm213.jpg

9118damwires213.jpg

sensiskrap
how are the fan leaves helpful later in flower? i just assumed they blocked too much light and cut most of the upper ones off; are the flowers able to absorb light? or is it only the leaves?

Well as your plant starts to die in late flower, your large fan leaves are the first to start dieing. As they begin die they stop photosystisis. (turning light energy into bio energy) and become sugar boosters for the rest of the now fat cola buds. Buds do absorb light somewhat, but it is the suncatcher leaves that provide the brute source of energy. Some people cut alot of their leaves hoping this will grow lower growth bud bigger, i myself have never really bothered as i try to keep enough distance around my main colas so that they are exposed to as much light as possible.I also eliminate 95% of my lower growth.What makes the big buds, is big stalks. You want to try to train 4-6 main stalks, fat ones.This is what produces fat colas.

The trays are designed to be as hassle free as possible.. If you change it!! be prepared man!! Looks like it is working out OK!!

Stoned2Death - hey man!! Thanks I was surprised at how fast those girls went from uuuuuugly.... to peeeeerdy!!!!! Final stages of show is on route!! stay tuned bro!

puff, puff, pass!!

Last edited:

Blunt_69

Veteran
douchestubbler
caligreen

The best part is on it's way!! Hope you guys are all stoned and thanks for stopping in to see my smoke!

rule35sub1 Hey Man!! long time no see!! Glad you stopped in for a visit into Blunts garden!! Yeah im at it again.... And, some new news!!!! White Widow clones have been cut for me!!! No hiccups this time. I have seen them.... well online anyways!! Help a buddy set up his room, so..I guess this is pay back!!! a long time comin to get a new strain in the room.

Pics update later. having trouble uploading...again..

Anyone notice a sign of my PK shot??? My plants always seem to react the same way everytime! They sure look a bit fatter, however, thats not the only thing im noticing..

9118roomym2.jpg

Last edited:
R

rule35sub1

Hey blunt those look fantastic.
I am currently working on stabalizing a cross. It's gonna be a cool one...

V

vhGhost

Blunt you crazy mofo, you always bring cheers to my holidays with those amazing girls. :) thank you !!

G

Whatcha sayn? The PK boost picked up the resin production from the looks of it. Looks like we need to celebrate christmas at blunt's house, lol! :smoke:

Blunt_69

Veteran
Hey guys!!! Yeah crystal production sure looks like it's picked up since the PK boost, The leaves tips also started curling up a bit.

I managed to screw up a bit, lets just say i had a timer malfuction, and the room saw 24/7 light for 2 days......... not good.. but they also have a month left to go, and their current size is awsome!!! so since i didnt feel like messin with my timer again, i got a few light on macro shots for ya,all!

9118yeahpet23.jpg

9118triacsd.jpg

9118triacs3023.jpg

I gave the system a mini flush as well, next top off will be using full stength again, just noticed a bit of leave tip burn, so im giving them some weaker solution at the time being. Things are filling in nicely!

Latest posts

Latest posts