What's new

Big Island indica

Rolando Mota

Hi all, first post. Discovered the growing sites recently, this is the first joined. Been growing off and on since the mid 80's Mexi bagseed at first, then somehow managed to score a g13 clone in '89. Kept that going until moving to Hawaii a couple of years later (didn't realize at the time what a special plant it was..) Moved back to mainland with a good amount of beans from an old local grower. Pure indica, stocky with stinky dense buds. Grew them indoors and out, moved a few more times, haven't grown in 3 years.
Down to the last few beans, had never seeded any plants :rolleyes: Doh!

Went up to Vancouver in June, got some BCSC Blaze (blueberryXhaze, wish I had done some research before going up) and germed those with the last of the Hawaiians. Ended up with 2 males and 2 females. One of the males is a super stud, even more vigorous than the mostly sativa blazes. Unfortunately the females are average, not quite like a couple of standouts from previous grows. Still pretty beautiful though. The blazes turned out 5 of 5 females, with 5 different phenos. The first was ready with the indicas at 56 days, 2 are still going at 77 days today and look like they could go some more still!
Going to pollinate the better female next round, cuttings are ready.

Haven't taken any photos of the current grow, will soon, these are from the last one 3 years ago.

EDIT:
32452001_4-med.jpg

32452001_7-med.jpg

Cheers! :wave:

G

32452001_8.jpg

Welcome to IC. Those look nice, bro.

When viewing your pic, right click it and select "properties". Copy and paste the URL (listed as "location"). Works every time.

G

hmmmmmmmmmm........ya got me there. Hopefully someone else can help.

wow those buds look amazing man, your a great grower. Too bad you didnt make some more seeds of those nice hawwaian indicas ;) Anyways, welcome to ICmag and enjoy your sweet sweet budds.

You should also check out www.overgrow.com for additional information and pics on growing :)

Rolando Mota

Thanks for the comments. Fortunately I got a male and female out of the last of the beans so I will be able to keep it going. Would be a shame to lose a strain been growing over 10 years. Better late than never, right?

Here's a bud from the latest grow, this will be the mother. :biggrin:

3245bii_2-med.jpg

G

Would definitely be a shame to lose that. Good luck with the breeding bro. Keep it green.

Is that last bud Blaze or hawaiian indica? Hope that your male makes you lots of seed so you can keep em going. Look bomb, got me slobbering keep on

Rolando Mota

All of the photos above are of the Hawaiian from an earlier grow, the bud shot is from the Hawaiian that will be pollinated next round. Each of the 5 blazes are very different. These buds are from the fluffiest one. Will chop the last 2 tomorrow. :p

3245blazebud1-med.jpg

3245blazebud2-med.jpg