What's new

beginner having no good luck

seanf

:confused: undefinedundefinedundefinedI've been trying to get a nice indoor crop using a Nirvana strain called ICE. I've previously used soil, but this time i have built an nft system. I have a 600w sodium light, but use a halide conversion bulb for veg. I've been using advanced nutrients sensi grow and sensi bloom without the know how of what ratios to use. Basically I am just wondering if anyone has had good luck with this strain. If so please tell me your info. Temperature,nutrients,CO2, etc.. Any info will help. I've had two harvests with this strain and both were fairly decent. Great high, but the quantity isn't there and after the final cure there just not primo commercial grade buds.

G

Hey seanf. Ive never used A.N. before but if you don't no what the ratios are to feed them that could have a big affect on yeild and potency. On there website they have the ratio's of nutes you should be using for each stage of growth. Also I would stick with soil until you start to like you final product . Soil is more forgiving. You mention temps to. Most strains like it at around 70-80deg. Higher temps usually effect the plant more in flowering then in veg from my experience. Hope this helps. peace

G

I grew ice too, and its not that good of a strain imho, too commercial. Good strains tend to cost more.

G

The directions are listed on the bottle for all advanced nutrients products. I use the 2 part system and if you goto www.advancednutrients.com look for the nutrient calculator and you can get exact amounts for your setup there !

Good Luck

G

I would have to disagree on the ICE. I think it was good medium yielder. The high was like a 50/50 Indica Sativa Stone, hit you in the back of the eyes. One of the better Nirvan strains I've had.

Since your going hydro the Number one thing to have dialed in is your PH. What is your PH set at? What is the EC/TDS reading?

Blatant

Robert Planting

Also, try General Hydroponics Flora Nova series ferts. If you have access to them or don't mind ordering them from some place then go for it. I feel they're the finest money can buy! Also VERY simple to use in hydro or soil. It's a totaly complete 1 part fert with everthing your plants need. Just mix 1 teaspoon per gallon of water, that's it! Comes in a grow formula and a bloom formula. It also is PH stable, so if you continue to grow hydro and assuming your water PH is on the money then just add the fert and forget about it! It's great stuff!!!

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Get some Vita-link, shit hot, well, its better than bio bizz i used before anyway, but 2 be fair on the bizz, i didnt use any booster, just grow and bloom

JohnBudd

Seanf, NFT is great style of growing, and once bugs are worked out, runs itself.
I use the 3 part General Hydropinics Nutrients....
This is a take on "The Lucas Formula"...which has been tweeked slightly to meet my needs.
There are 3 parts to GH nutes.....Micro,Grow,Bloom........throw the grow away.....never used.
These amounts are used in 25 gallon res, please adjust yours accordingly.

For seedlings through veg stage.......
0 ml GROW
5ml MICRO
10ml BLOOM

For Flowering.......
0ml GROW
8ml MICRO
16 BLOOM

I also use CAL-MAG.......and CANNA PK 13-14 during flowering stage.
You may notice build up of salts(big white marks) in your res or NFT channels....its important not to let this build up....clean it off....run your PPM down to 300-400 ppm for day or two to flush these salts out. I also run 300-400 ppm water when switching from vegging to flowering for a day...to again flush.
The last week of flowering, I cut the lights the last 3 days, and no nutes either...plants freak out and produce more oils....THC.......good luck.

amsterdame

Yeah, definitely get the right ratios of nutes happening, Sean. I've been very happy with Ice, both the quality and yields.

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
I think before you jump into trying new nutes...... you need to first learn hydro and all the basics. If you are attempting NFT... you must have some knoweledge of growing. Devil and Blatant were correct in saying, get your pH down and the PPM ratio down also. Once you understand the way your water and nutes work together, and you have tweaked your system......then start to play with different nutes. In time, you will have tried several brands and come up with your own conclusion on what works best for your situation.

I also think ICE is one of the better Nirvana strains. I had better then average yeilds with a great high. If pH and PPM are off....plants do not take up correct nutes, there for the plant does not grow to its fullest potential.

Good luck

ezozo

Christian said:
I grew ice too, and its not that good of a strain imho, too commercial. Good strains tend to cost more.

:confused: :confused:

IMHO, ICE is not so "commercial" as regarding to yield.
The smoke is very nice strong and balanced and better them many strains that cost much more.

but this is me,
zozo

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
fuck things with the word "commercial" in their description, plain big bud, u get masses of the stuff, but, the quality is not there, i spose it ok to crosas in2 stuff to bump the yield, but obviously it has to cost the plant sumthing else, and the price is usually potency. Saying that, i been thinking of giving The pukka seeds co's Big bud/Afghani a run, looks and sounds nice, short flowertime. If u want something with a bitg yield, but still good quality, (which is a nice day smoke) go 4 Serious Seeds, Chronic, that sweet smell, lovely, like i say, good day smoke.

Latest posts

Latest posts