What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Myth busting prop 64

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm so glad we don't have one. Everybody here has owned their houses to long, and there isn't any real way to enforce it here. Poor cities have their advantages. Like lack of funding to fuck with petty stuff.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
walked into a collective and just needed an california ID.

frosty mix an match zips where 195.

7 different Og...gg4 purps haze's..etc.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I actually like that the price of quality bud is dropping. Selfish reason is that, the more affordable the product the wider the accesable market. Less selfish reason. I don't think quality pot should only be accessible to people with lot of money. I like that more people get to experience high quality buds more frequently. Even when it's getting smoked for fun, it's helping prevent a multitude of diseases, and pains. It's a regenerative plant.

Skip

Veteran
I'm happy to see the overall quality of bud increase.

But with lots of amateurs starting to grow, it pays to be selective.

It would be great if only good to excellent quality buds were sold. That's how it should be!

Watch when the authorities shutdown huge grows due to things like contamination, using forbidden products, infestation, etc.

That's if they even inspect them (that's what some of the tax money is supposed to be for).

If they do inspect, then bud quality & healthiness should improve greatly for everyone.

And those who invest in big grows without the know-how or care will be weeded from the market.

And I think the big corps may come up with a few mild brands sold relatively cheaply that are mass marketed and consumed.

But once ppl get to try top quality buds with high THC content, they won't go back to the commercial crap (commerch is always commerch)

I actually like that the price of quality bud is dropping. Selfish reason is that, the more affordable the product the wider the accesable market. Less selfish reason. I don't think quality pot should only be accessible to people with lot of money. I like that more people get to experience high quality buds more frequently. Even when it's getting smoked for fun, it's helping prevent a multitude of diseases, and pains. It's a regenerative plant.

trippn

Looks like you were 100% Wrong. Like we all told you.

Although the structures are similar, they’re not identical. For instance, they take different approaches to distribution, transport and testing labs. MCRSA established 17 license types; AUMA established 19 license types.

Ajax wants to make these regulations match, if possible — or maybe just create one set of regulations.

“There is going to have to be alignment,” she said. “We are going to strive to have one set of regulations

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/17/6-new-things-we-learned-from-californias-cannabis-czar/

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Any outdoor growers in Santa Rosa??? i think they are talking about banning outdoor completely? I haven't heard any news about it? Im gonna start putting out plants soon but not sure if its banned or not???

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hows this working out for everyone ?
Wonder if all that argued for one side or the other have seen it go just how they were so sure it would ?

Gry

Costs about half of what it used to, the glass containers are nicer than the damn plastic,
and seeing the thc levels on the container is kinda neat.

Came here sick as hell with cancer, and was just grateful to have access.
All people should have access to cannabis, and health care.

Prices haven't gone down for flower at Nor-Cal dispensaries, even though most of the flowers you see now are greenhouse or light dep.

I feel like Prop 64 did more for concentrates. People know for sure that they've all been tested for solvents. Waaay more live resins, rosins, and other solventless extracts nowdays it seems, which is pretty sweet. I go straight to the concentrates section now.. Can't justify $35+ per 8th for larfy greenhouse flowers. Not when the same 35 bucks gets you a gram of freakin' delicious live resin. Some dispensaries are paying the sales tax now, as well.

That's how some of these places are trying to corner the market now IMO.. By absorbing the ridiculous taxes.

Last edited:

theJointedOne

Veteran
Prices haven't gone down for flower at Nor-Cal dispensaries, even though most of the flowers you see now are greenhouse or light dep.

I feel like Prop 64 did more for concentrates. People know for sure that they've all been tested for solvents. Waaay more live resins, rosins, and other solventless extracts nowdays it seems, which is pretty sweet. I go straight to the concentrates section now.. Can't justify $35+ per 8th for larfy greenhouse flowers. Not when the same 35 bucks gets you a gram of freakin' delicious live resin. Some dispensaries are paying the sales tax now, as well.

That's how some of these places are trying to corner the market now IMO.. By absorbing the ridiculous taxes.

ive yet to find a walk in store in norcal that fits what youve described.

please share where this is?

The $35g of live resin is from a dispensary in San Jose. The store has Leaf in its name, and it's close to the flea market. You gotta check weedmaps though, because they sell out of Raw Garden frequently.

$35 1/8s popping up is better than it was a few years ago.

I've been burnt by dispensaries way too many times to buy tree anymore. Every time I've bought something under $45 an eighth it's been so harsh I had to give it away. Complete waste of money.

I'd rather vape concentrates than pay 50-60 an eighth for clean and tasty herb. It's an easy choice for me, especially since concentrates are so much more discrete smelling.

Edit: I realize the testing got way more serious after July, so maybe I'll give dispensary bud another try.

Last edited: