Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > I feel like everyone needs to stop with creating hybrids

Thread Title Search
Click for Sweet Seeds!
I feel like everyone needs to stop with creating hybrids Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2017, 03:32 PM #1
Complete Noob

Complete Noob will become famous soon enoughComplete Noob will become famous soon enough
I feel like everyone needs to stop with creating hybrids

Leviticus 19:19

"'Keep my decrees. "'Do not mate different kinds of animals. "'Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. "'Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material."

On my quest to find and mate two different strains together, I've come into a moral dilemma.

I am now in search of pure landrace strains and will stop dealing with pestilence for religious reasons. I will not immediately destroy her, as I feel my God understands. I will erase pestilence from my garden tho, and will replace her with what is rumored to be the original strain. Hindu Kush.

I have questions tho like can a strain become acceptable if I leave something somewhere, and let the males and females pollinate one another for generations outdoors naturally with no interference from man. Will the seed and fruit produced from these plants be acceptable to the Lord if the earth cleanses their genetic makeup through natural selection and adaptation?

Can I take a bunch of seeds from the same source and stabilize the genetics myself? This doesn't seem acceptable in my mind. I am not natural selection.

But then my final question is do we consider two separate forms of cannabis to be "different seed"?

Deuteronomy 22:9

“You shall not sow your vineyard with two kinds of seed, lest the whole yield be forfeited, the crop that you have sown and the yield of the vineyard."

I consider this two mean that each and every plant is to look pretty much identical and have no known alternative phenotype. Is just grows this exact way and smells the exact same and taste the exact same. So if you have a garden with sour deisel in one pot and chocolope in the next (for example) you're on your way to eternal damnation.
Complete Noob is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-24-2017, 03:46 PM #2
mushroombrew

mushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud of
There are plenty of wild strains still growing out there. Himalayas etc.

If you want to be a purist travel, collect and smoke "native" flowers. Plant nothing. It's already there.

Pretty sure it's was considered ok to plant trees and barley together. Just not wheat and barley (too similar). 19:19 is early prohibition.
mushroombrew is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-24-2017, 03:57 PM #3
Complete Noob

Complete Noob will become famous soon enoughComplete Noob will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroombrew View Post
There are plenty of wild strains still growing out there. Himalayas etc.

If you want to be a purist travel, collect and smoke "native" flowers. Plant nothing. It's already there.

Pretty sure it's was considered ok to plant trees and barley together. Just not wheat and barley (too similar). 19:19 is early prohibition.
Thank you for your response.

Imo the Torah is the Holy word of God and cannot be considered "old" or "early".

I also feel like it is mandatory for me to grow my own smoke. Especially if i use things from this earth I would feel terrible going around on a world tour, stealing bud from the earth and not replenishing it

Genesis 2:5

When no bush of the field was yet in the land and no small plant of the field had yet sprung up—for the Lord God had not caused it to rain on the land, and there was no man to work the ground,

Old 11-24-2017, 04:01 PM #4
rolandomota

rolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of light
lol man humans wrote the bible old school arabs that eventually became muslim jew the christian and they all hate each other lol religion is crazy ridiculous.
rolandomota is offline Quote

31 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:13 PM #5
Complete Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandomota View Post
lol man humans wrote the bible old school arabs that eventually became muslim jew the christian and they all hate each other lol religion is crazy ridiculous.
I understand and feel your concern about my beliefs I'm not here to change anyone I'm only here to gain knowledge for self I know this isn't the best place, but it's a start.

I abide by certain laws of the Bible to ensure that I live a healthy lifestyle. I try to eat as kosher as possible, not because the God that you presume to be a fairy tale told me so, but because I want a pure and healthy life. I want the purest weed to go into my body. I don't want anything that has the potential to become psychoactively or neurologically harmful. Or physically harmful. Or spirtully neither lol

Old 11-24-2017, 04:31 PM #6
brown_thumb

brown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud ofbrown_thumb has much to be proud of
I support others' beliefs provided those beliefs don't compel their followers to impinge on others' rights to be whomever they choose to be, again if unharmful to others. I will state that I believe 'spirituality' is usually good and 'religion' is often tainted with some bad. It seems that you're taking in the good parts and rejecting the bad parts. Okay, enough of my 'opinions'.

Humans have bred plants and animals for more millennia than we have proof of. I do think that we interfere too much with the world's natural order (natural selection) but humans are a part of nature too. So, in a way, we could state that whatever things we humans do are also a part of nature. On the other hand, greedy corporations have taken it way too far. For instance, GMO corn made to not be harmed by Roundup which is now sprayed excessively on corn fields... which is now causing cancer to those growing and consuming the poisoned crops.

It's all about 'balance' rather than our expected 'total' control. I think Mother Natural tolerates 'gentle nudges' but likely fights against being 'maliciously shoved'.
brown_thumb is offline Quote

Old 11-24-2017, 04:33 PM #7
Dog Star
Sirius Sunshine

Dog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond repute
You need some Gold then.. Oaxacan Gold,Acapulco Gold,PNG Gold,Highland Thai.. etc..

clean landraces brings most spiritual high cause they are developed hundreds of years
on some spot,actually you will encounter that God is a best breeder if you will
search for those strains i talking about...

Also you need to grow organics,that is cleanest and closest to a way how God grows plants in nature,mycoriza and beneficial bacteries will just help you on your quest..

Good medicine is a one that is growed whithouth NPK salts and dangerous protectives,inside soil,with clean water and sun if is possible...

Outdoor can be more potent and with deeper levels of terpenes than indoor.. best
and most spiritual highs i get from outdoor weed,lamp can be nice and very potent
examples can be grown under her but sun is another story... best lamp ever..

Jah bless you
Dog Star is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-24-2017, 05:02 PM #8
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant future
Before you continue, ask yourself...

What is a "kind"?
Wolves & hounds & terriers are all "CANINE". They are the same "kind"
The same can be said for cougars, lions, tigers & house cats... They are ALL "felines".

Cannabis interbred with cannabis is...
Still cannabis!

Cannabis cannot be compared with a vineyard either. Apples will not make fruit where oranges do & oranges will not survive the harsh environment that apples require to make fruit.

The context of the term "kind" seems to be the underlying issue.

Also, in the analysis of single verses, the context of the whole paragraph needs to be considered.

Most people spit a verse to support their ideas & don't even realize that the entirety of the message is or has been taken out of context.
MJPassion is offline Quote

14 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-24-2017, 05:18 PM #9
mushroombrew

mushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post

Also, in the analysis of single verses, the context of the whole paragraph needs to be considered.

Most people spit a verse to support their ideas & don't even realize that the entirety of the message is or has been taken out of context.
Well said.
mushroombrew is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-24-2017, 05:22 PM #10
Complete Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
Before you continue, ask yourself...

What is a "kind"?
Wolves & hounds & terriers are all "CANINE". They are the same "kind"
The same can be said for cougars, lions, tigers & house cats... They are ALL "felines".

Cannabis interbred with cannabis is...
Still cannabis!

Cannabis cannot be compared with a vineyard either. Apples will not make fruit where oranges do & oranges will not survive the harsh environment that apples require to make fruit.

The context of the term "kind" seems to be the underlying issue.

True but I don't think I've taken the verses out of context. If you see the last potion of my first post you will see where I talk about what you talk about here

As I retouch on this topic, the problem with this thinking of "it's still cannabis" is that the hypothetical sour diesel that is mixed with the hypothetical chocolope would have never happened naturally, because for one sour diesel is not a pure strain to begin with. But never mind that part lets consider the growing conditions. They would have certain characteristics that would have developed naturally over time in the environment they live in. So how could two strains with such drastically differing qualities come into contact with one another to reproduce kids in a natural environment? There are only two ways for a plants to change. One is for is to be transferred to a new habitat and it adapts over generations slowly until each plant looks and grows identically and needs to same food requirements. The second way is for man to interfere, which we are not supposed to do. The only way a hybrid is to be formed is if it is common in nature without human intervention. Do certain felines interbreed? Of course, if they live in close proximity to one another and actually want to reproduce. If you take a big cat from Africa and mix it with a cat from South America because you want to see what happens, you will create an abomination. If you own a dog that was bred to be a pure bred it is an abomination