Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Smoking Devices and Accessories > Rosin and vape pen recommendations

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Zamnesia
Rosin and vape pen recommendations Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2017, 02:30 AM #1
meizzwang

meizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the rough
Rosin and vape pen recommendations

So far, I've tried a cheap-o vape pen for rosin/full melt hash/wax and it has worked great at first. However, over time, the rosin seeps into the ceramic chamber and even when I take small rips of freshly packed rosin, it burns the heck out of my throat! I suspect the burnt "waste" rosin that has seeped into the ceramic chamber gives off a smokeless gas?

It's recommended to try burning it off and I've used up the entire battery until the chamber no longer "smokes." Still, even with no smoke, some faint cannabis odor is emitted and it doesn't seem right. Your throat should not burn like crazy after vaping!

I recently got a pu**co pro 2, and this would be the ideal vape pen, but you have to fill the large chamber in order to get a good vape hit. You can't just vape small quantities, and it's very hard to load small amounts without the extract sticking to the walls or getting stuck underneath the coils.

Can anyone suggest a good vape pen for rosin/full melt hash/wax that is:
1) easy to clean
2) has temperature control
3) ideal for vaping small amounts at a time
4) easy to use
5) long lasting/doesn't break easily
6) $100 or less
meizzwang is offline Quote

Old 11-07-2017, 02:37 AM #2
theJointedOne

theJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant future
https://www.w9tech.com/vaporizers/om...-vaporizer-v5/

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:13 AM #3
SmokeKush4

SmokeKush4 is on a distinguished road
For your budget you might struggle to get anything that doesn't do that, sorry to be the bearer of bad news
SmokeKush4 is offline Quote

Old 11-07-2017, 08:27 PM #4
meizzwang

meizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeKush4 View Post
For your budget you might struggle to get anything that doesn't do that, sorry to be the bearer of bad news
Taking the price limit off, any other suggestions?

Old 11-08-2017, 05:52 PM #5
Egzoset

Egzoset will become famous soon enough
Talking

Salutations MeizzWang,

Quote:
Originally Posted by meizzwang View Post
Taking the price limit off, any other suggestions?
It's not a matter of cost as far as i'm concerned but you wouldn't like it judging by the current popular trends.

Get a VaporGenie and fix it the way it should have been implemented instead of a half-finished product few people with sufficient skill manage to operate
[ www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=73289 ]

Old 11-08-2017, 06:17 PM #6
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant future
Try FuckCombustion forum, there are a lot of vapers over there.
Mikell is online now Quote

Old 11-08-2017, 08:41 PM #7
meizzwang

Thanks guys! One of the local shops recommended pu##co plus, which is supposed to have no coils and you can load whatever amount you want. They claim it mimics the function of a ceramic nail, anyone have experience/opinions on this device?

Old 11-09-2017, 03:42 AM #8
Zeez
Cosmic Debris

Zeez is a glorious beacon of lightZeez is a glorious beacon of lightZeez is a glorious beacon of lightZeez is a glorious beacon of lightZeez is a glorious beacon of lightZeez is a glorious beacon of lightZeez is a glorious beacon of lightZeez is a glorious beacon of lightZeez is a glorious beacon of lightZeez is a glorious beacon of lightZeez is a glorious beacon of light
FocusVape Pro. About $100 Very good build quality and design. Uses easily changeable 18650 flat top batteries. Extra batteries and fancy chargers are cheap on eBay.
Zeez is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:34 AM #9
Egzoset

Egzoset will become famous soon enough
Lets's add some competitiveness here:

www.vaporasylum.com

As if that's hoing to help...

Old 11-27-2017, 12:14 AM #10
meizzwang

Okay, got the Puf#co plus and it came with an extra chamber. It vaped beautifully a few times and had great flavor, but was difficult to clean, and subsequent hits became slightly less flavorful, even when on the lowest settings. At first, I was really impressed and happy. However, Within less than a week of use, both chambers burnt out, and the shop refused to replace it and told me to go talk to the manufacturers directly. They said the chambers last anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months on average, depending on how you use it. Never done this in my life, but I literally threw it away, didn't even give it away to a friend to prevent others from falling into this trap. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed and never again! $110 down the drain.

Let's say it worked, reasons why I won't go for any vape pens ever again:
1) they're designed to fail-the guy at the shop told me "how do you think they make money?" Sounds like a scam: if they made good quality pens that lasted a long time, they'd sell more pens and have less angry customers.
2) Chambers last anywhere from less than 10 puffs to 3 months on average, and they cost around $25 to replace.
3) the guy at the shop told me all pens work this way, parts need to be replaced very frequently. Crappier models don't give good vape quality, but parts are cheaper to replace. If this is true, vape pens aren't for me.
4) can't heat this device more than 4X in a row, otherwise the chamber can burn out.
5) can't dry fire the chamber more than 1x in a row, otherwise the chamber can burn out.
6) So, they expect us to remember all this shit while we're getting stoned? Again, it goes to show these pens are designed to increase user error and to break quickly.
7) They're damn expensive. When I got the pen, I paid a lot for it, and expected that it'll work for at least a year before any parts need replacing.
8) the guy at the shop told me no vape pen on the market is built or designed to last.

I went over to a buddy's house this weekend and he introduced me to his $20 nectar collector (it's this pyrex or glass straw that can be super-heated), freakin blown away! Every hit no matter how many times you puffed on it was smooth and flavorful, zero coughing even on large rips, and all you need is this glass tube ($20), butane (couple of bucks) and blow torch ($7 for a pocket sized one), and your concentrate! You heat one end until it turns red hot, dip it into your concentrate, and suck into the glass straw. Totally done with vape pens, this nectar collector is amazing, cost effective, and gives consistently excellent results. It's small enough to fit in your pocket and cools down pretty quick after use. My friend said he must have used his over 1000 times now and it's still working just fine! I'm surprised so few know or talk about it!

The glass can break, but the math and consistently excellent results make it a no brainer: spend a minimum of $200/year on average to acquire and maintain your vape pen (no guarantee the parts will work more than once when you get them and you can't return them!), or spend maybe a maximum of $75-125/year on a nectar collector, assuming you break your nectar collector 2-3 times a year.