What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

27:1 CBD:THC Indica Dominate

HHILL

So I have been working with Bodhi's Harlequin BX for the last three years, back crossing it and hybridized got it with his Ancient OG and my example of HA OG. I like the Harlequin and the flowers are way better than the sativa wispy flowers of Charlottes Web or AC/DC. The buds are more indica dominate from Harlequin, fat and dense.

So I tested my males and found a nice CBD rich dude, about 10:1 CBD:THC..... then tested the girls. One of them is over 27:1 CBD:THC ratio! Of course I'll throw pollen on her, but I also took a few cuts to preserve her unique genetic signature.

Question though.....if I make fem seeds, using colloidal silver, will the genetic ration be preserved? I know the cuts will keep everything intact, but I'd like to make seeds as they are easier to mail to people who need them. Thanks

HHILL

Not to bump this thread, but my thoughts are to keep the cuttings going, document the flowers in the outdoor organic crop, make a nice mother and take cuts, reverse one of them and make fem seeds.

i had to send seeds to a patient in D.C., but they are novice growers and they cannot find a good lab to test the leaves for CBD:THC ratios.. it is a crap shoot. I send the concentrated oil they need to treat a stroke, yet they can't grow their own medicine really. They can grow unstabilized seeds that require the lab to test , yet there is no lab!.

I'll send the female seeds with the ratio they need, I'll make them in a 2:1 CBD:THC and a 27:1 CBD:THC. That gives the patient options at least, and they have won't have a pure THC strain that might not work well for the ailment, that is, if they choose to grow their own.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Question though.....if I make fem seeds, using colloidal silver, will the genetic ration be preserved? I know the cuts will keep everything intact, but I'd like to make seeds as they are easier to mail to people who need them. Thanks
Hey..
It depends on how stable the mother is. If the mother doesn't come from stable line, it's quite likely there will be some variation; you can find plants that are not as good as her, then again, some plants could be even better than the selfed mom.

Go for it!
:)

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Hey HHill,

Really interested in your work. Great that you're spreading the your own lines of heavy CBD plants.

When you make any feminised seed then there will always be a range of individual phenos. So even when you make a hybrid cross between two different high CBD parents, there's going to be high THC plants if one of the parents has high THC genes in its make up. I'm supposing you're working the plants using traditional male/female method and then testing different female individuals?

I would suggest making S1 (reversing the females with silver and pollinating themselves) generations of your chosen females first. This way you can tell what prominent genes are in each of your chosen female parent lines. If you then grow some of the female s1 generation, test their flowers and see what dominant traits (or new traits) show themselves, you'll have a better idea of what's inside each of your females. You might even find better females from the S1 generations which will be more stable for your work (this is because effectively you're using an S1 that will be inbred with itself) and are higher in CBD.

You could then use a female S1 parental from each of your female lines to make your all female hybrid generation. It's possible that this might make a much more solid hybrid that could have a higher percentage of CBD plants within the female hybrid generation.

I hope that all makes sense.. Would love to see some pictures of your plants :)

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
..... One of them is over 27:1 CBD:THC ratio! Of course I'll throw pollen on her, but I also took a few cuts to preserve her unique genetic signature.

a dude with a small seed company in SoCal S1ed a similar 27:1 high CBD pheno found in Spain in 2009 in Resin's Cannatonic.

the seeds were sold at a lecture By Dr. Courtney at a big 420 cup in LA in 2010 and this is a sift done by one of his nurses the following year.

picture.php

you see they threw high THC and CBD with lots of ratios in between.

I found lots of variation in the pack I ran but they all had pretty hard buds with only one wispy pheno in mine.

this was the keeper high THC pheno I found, took me 5 years to give away all the CBD dom phenos, nobody liked that stuff, made me feel irritable and couldn't catch a real buzz after smoking any of it.

the high thc pheno had a very srong couchlock buzz and great terps and bag appeal at 9 weeks but no euphoria to it.
picture.php

the buds were rock hard
picture.php

picture.php

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Many people and so called breeders hype their own genetics with big THC and CBD numbers. Post the results like Ace seeds does for their strains, or it didn't happen. Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts