Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis/Hash Smoke Reports > Peak Seeds Northern Lights

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Sweet Seeds
Peak Seeds Northern Lights Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-01-2015, 12:31 PM #1
yesum
IC Mag Supporter

yesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud of
Peak Seeds Northern Lights

This a nug of NL. Really it is about all of 1 plant as I had a nute lockout and had mini plants. I think they smoke the same as regular sized though.Peak NL.jpg

This is a very mellow feeling high that comes on immediately after smoking. Last about 2 hours or a bit less depending. Potency is around 7 or 8, pretty good but does not crush you. Thc would be around 15 to 20 percent I would guess. Good feelings to it not just a buzz, positive feeling comes with it.

Taste is ordinary I guess, I never can get all the nuances of taste some get. Chill out weed but still functional at lower doses. Laidback for sure but not too much that way either. Not confusing high but you could get into a trance type state if you allow yourself to do that.

Anxiety relief and help for sleeping would be the main areas for help with this strain. Maybe physical pain too but I can not give a opinion on that.

I like the high very much, better than a lot of indicas I have tried. I ordered 3 more packs of this NL today and hope he throws in a NL x Blueberry so I can try that too. Have BCSC NL on tap for next grow to compare to this. I grew Nirvana NL and was not that happy with it. It was potent but was kind of a messed up high with a dirty finish, 1 plant only so take that as you will.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Peak NL.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	319263
yesum is online now Quote

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:05 PM #2
iaballa712

iaballa712 is on a distinguished road
Nice nug, have heard good things about Mike's gear, i have some Sweet Skunks i need to pop. Post some plant pics if you have some, would like to see structure of his NL.
iaballa712 is offline Quote

Old 07-07-2015, 07:22 PM #3
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant future
Cool to hear! For what I've read, Dr atomic has the NL. I also grew Nirvana's so ok plants and some no high plants. Not growing that again. I want to try BCSC NL#5.
Lester Beans is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:04 AM #4
Hold Your Fire
Finding my way back home

Hold Your Fire has a reputation beyond reputeHold Your Fire has a reputation beyond reputeHold Your Fire has a reputation beyond reputeHold Your Fire has a reputation beyond reputeHold Your Fire has a reputation beyond reputeHold Your Fire has a reputation beyond reputeHold Your Fire has a reputation beyond reputeHold Your Fire has a reputation beyond reputeHold Your Fire has a reputation beyond reputeHold Your Fire has a reputation beyond reputeHold Your Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Someday I'll grow NL #5.

When I do, it will be from Peak Seeds.

yesum, did you keep any cuts?
Hold Your Fire is offline Quote

Old 07-25-2015, 01:59 PM #5
yesum
IC Mag Supporter

yesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud of
^^ No, I found it to be stable and expect the seeds to provide me with good genetics. I never deal with clones anyways for legal and other reasons.

The BCSC NL is about ready to be flipped into flower, expecting top notch genetics there too. Peak used BCSC NL crossed to Sensi NL to get his strain or that is what I read on the net.
yesum is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:02 PM #6
OGEvilgenius

OGEvilgenius is a jewel in the roughOGEvilgenius is a jewel in the roughOGEvilgenius is a jewel in the roughOGEvilgenius is a jewel in the roughOGEvilgenius is a jewel in the roughOGEvilgenius is a jewel in the roughOGEvilgenius is a jewel in the roughOGEvilgenius is a jewel in the rough
He used old packs though. I've heard some mixed reports about current BCSC NL. Glad you're growing it out though, would be curious to know how it does. I hope it's everything you dream it is.
OGEvilgenius is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:42 AM #7
Old Fogey

Old Fogey will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Beans View Post
Cool to hear! For what I've read, Dr atomic has the NL. I also grew Nirvana's so ok plants and some no high plants. Not growing that again. I want to try BCSC NL#5.
Don't go near it. Not worth the water you put on them.

I just killed the last of the living dead from a pack of BCSC NL #5 I purchased in late 2013 from a reputable seed bank.

It was a female, had been pollinated and was doing nothing, not even making beans! As for calyx? Forget it. Dead little red hairs sticking up here and there. The other plants (different strains) in the grow have thrived. I just got sick of looking at it in the end.

Like all of its siblings (including 2 females I'd already executed), this is one of the worst plants I've ever seen. I haven't grown any worse because I've killed any that bad well before they got as old as these.

I had 8 seedlings from 10 beans. A couple were runts. Each was different to the next. This is no IBL or pure strain and I wouldn't grow these beans if you were paying me for it, there would have to be a better way to make a living.

Peace
Old Fogey is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:48 AM #8
Old Fogey

See my post above. BCSC NL #5 was ruined somehow before the end of 2013. Never seen plants so bad.

Old 08-27-2016, 08:16 AM #9
Knop

Knop will become famous soon enoughKnop will become famous soon enough
I have Nl peak , and it was very good
Knop is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-27-2016, 01:50 PM #10
Old Fogey

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesum View Post
^^ No, I found it to be stable and expect the seeds to provide me with good genetics. I never deal with clones anyways for legal and other reasons.

The BCSC NL is about ready to be flipped into flower, expecting top notch genetics there too. Peak used BCSC NL crossed to Sensi NL to get his strain or that is what I read on the net.
This is correct information about the Sensi male, I have it in writing from Mike J. himself on that.

As for the BCSC #5 mother, Mike said the plant's performance had begun to drop off and he was looking to re-invigorate the strain - which I took to mean he bred a completely new mother using mostly genetics from the original.

Cerainly, when I placed my first order in September 2015, Mike advised that the NL beans he had for sale at that time were not his "premium" NL, advising me to wait for harvesting of a superior NL product, which I later ordered some months later..

So again, I suspect Peak Seeds is using a new Northern Lights mother plant.

Peace

3 members found this post helpful.