What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Boomer's 2012 Guerilla Grow! Northeast : 40N

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
Nice man, I ordered some Brain Damage and PPP myself, never ran either. About 42 N here :wave:

Boomer89

So what do you guys suggest? I live in a town with 6+000 acers of woods that a lot of poeple use for quads / dirtbike, hikers & the most dreaded, hunters.

So that's why I am going to head back there relatively soon with a mini saw and get to work with my buddy. I plan on taking down 2 - 3 tree's in a spot where I havn't seen activity (other than my own ) there or in a 50yd radios around it. Its my only hope at this point, the seeds are on there way and our grow boxes are being built as we speak.

Next step is the most expensive one.. Buy the soil, nutes & growbags. There goes $500+

badbeans

Okay fella's, I know its early, but I am too excited to hold back. I am starting preparations on my 2012 guerilla grow after taking last year off.

This will be my 4th guerilla grow. Each time i have been able to harvest something, but I have fought varmints, storms, infestations, rippers, budrot & mold in the past. Not to mention, each and every harvest I have previously done, has been too early. My last grow, I cut on Oct 19th and she wasn't ready, but I had to cut due to inclimate weather.

Obviously at this point & time I am in the preparation stages. I will have a grow partner, someone I have successfully used in the past, he is trustworthy and not afraid to get dirty.

I am looking to start with 20 - 30 plants. In the end, I will be happy if I have 9 - 15 females.

STRAIN RECOMMENDATIONS FOR 40N?

I will be purchasing seeds most likely this upcoming week. I am unsure if I want to use any autoflowers or not. I am worried about their yeild production, but, I also need something that will finish end sept - mid oct.

Has anyone had experience with..

Homegrown Fantaseeds Top 44
Homegrown Fantaseeds Homegrown Purple
Kannabia Special
Delicious Fruity Chronic
KC Brands Cali Special
Nirvana Wonder Woman
Nirvana PPP

I am also looking at Hollands Hope possibly Durban Poison.

Something mold resistant would be a +++!

I will be using those plasticy type grow bags. I am thinking 7 or 10gal bags. Soil is going to be the most expensive part. I am thinking of a 50:25:25 ratio of Organic Mix:Top Soil:perlite probably some worm castings as well.

NUTRIENTS

As for nutrients, I will be using General Hydroponics (love em) Flora series. I will be following the Lucas method.

Germination / Seedlings

Each seed will be properly germinated & planted in jiffy pots. They will be grown, 5 at a time, inside a grow box that I will prepare. The grow box, you might laugh at, but it HAS WORKED FOR ME BEFORE!

It will be a simple 5gal bucket, flipped upside down. Inside sprayed flat white, ONE simple CFL light mounted through the side of the bucket, ONE pc fan exhaust at the top of the box.

Me and my partner will each one of these seedling boxes and we will be growing 5 at a time for 10 - 14 days, then they will be transferred outside.

I am hoping to have them all outside by May 18th.

So please, ladies & gentleman, take a seat and enjoy the show! Any advice would be greatly appreciated (esp strain recommendations ATM) Wish me luck and lets pray for a pleasant 2012 grow season!

I like your enthusiasm Boomer. I grow guerrilla too, I plant into the native soil with some lime and a few ammendments, carry water when needed, harvest when it all works right. Pick a good spot, like a place that doesn't have quads / dirtbike, hikers & the most dreaded, hunters. I wouldn't pick a spot like your woods to grow brother that sounds to me like a recipe for failure.

However, I would do things much different especially the part about the partner.

I will have a grow partner, someone I have successfully used in the past, he is trustworthy and not afraid to get dirty.

Partners aren't my style. I wish you the best...I really sound like a "Negative Nellie" sorry bout that.

As far as seeds go I can recommend a few from Hybrids from Hell. The stuff I grew was fast growing, drought resistant, mold resistant when the monsoon came last year, really potent, and best of all harvested by mid Sept. at 39deg i believe I am just south of you.:wave:

Hope you kill it Boomer I'll be watching...

bb:canabis:

Yo boomer .. Im similar climate as you and a little more north than you but as far as strains this is what I know does well in my area

Maple leaf indica
Jack herer
Dutch passion Durban poison
Guerrilla gusto
Green crack
Lvpk
C99
Easy sativa

Something with more sativa in it to help with mold/rot
But check out the outdoor strain guide .. Great info in there!!

Boomer89

Well, the dead is done fella's. Just have to wait for my beans to arrive.

Here is my 2012 lineup.

Black Label Hollands Hope (x10) REG
KC Brain Brains Damage (x10) REG
Dinafem Seeds Super Silver (x1) REG
Dinafem Seeds Cheese (x1) REG
CSG "S.S.D.H" (x2) REG
Paradise Seeds DelaHaze (x1) FEM
Reserua Priuada The OG #18 (x1) FEM
T.H.Seeds MKage (x1) FEM

Green Sky

Boomer, try not to get too far ahead with the chainsaw work. You Might be making a big X on your grow from above.

I like to go and " LST" a sapling if it casts a big shadow, but flat out clearing is risky. Especially in a popular area. Ripper magnet I say.

As for better ideas, try South facing hill-sides. Ones that aren't cliffs, but also don't get much use. Just follow a game trail up before sunset, and get a good idea for your exposure.

* The tote-bags from the supermarkets are fucking amazing - only a Buck! I got 10 from a recent grocery trip- so funny - milk, eggs and 10 bags..

Green Sky

Oh yeah, Boomer , you might want to pop those regular seeds pretty soon indoors. You need to sex them in a month so you don't waste your time planting them.

Males seem to flower sooner outdoors ( to me), but they still get our girls pregnant. Not the way to get 15 elbows.

PS... you really think 50, or even 100 yards is enough buffer to hide yur weed?? Test out your theory next time. Hang a sweatshirt on a tree next to your grow, and see how far away you can see it from. Then go another 50 yards, and remember in the Fall, there is A LOT less cover to hide floppies

I intend no spite, or malice. I am just seeing Gaping holes in Security here.

Boomer89

No I do not trust deer stands at 50 or 100 yds. I know of a real nice area, we'd have to cut down 3 medium sized trees (no more than 12" in diameter). We had real bad storms last summer / fall so we'll cut the trees low. make it look like the fell over.

Its the only way I'll be able to get a clearing in the woods. That'll allow me some LIGHT, otherwise there not gonna be growing at all.

badbeans

No I do not trust deer stands at 50 or 100 yds. I know of a real nice area, we'd have to cut down 3 medium sized trees (no more than 12" in diameter). We had real bad storms last summer / fall so we'll cut the trees low. make it look like the fell over.

Its the only way I'll be able to get a clearing in the woods. That'll allow me some LIGHT, otherwise there not gonna be growing at all.

How are you going to cut these trees down with a chainsaw and make it look like they fell over?

snap%20out%20of%20it.gif
Check yourself...check your plan...and most important check your security plan, bro your thread sounds like a disaster waiting to happen if you try and grow in this spot.

bb:canabis:

Boomer89

These arn't big tree's, 3 tree's. Each ~ 20' high taking them down wont attract that much attention. And I was going to cut down the trees, then cut out the stump as low as I could go. Possibly cut up the tree and throw the logs away.

I have an idea of one more spot. Even riskier yet, its about 200yds from a police officers house.. Follows these power lines but the spot I am talking about is a crazy swamp. DEEP waters, the ATVers don't even go back there ( I sunk my quad back there about 7yrs ago and had to have a bucket loader come back to winch me out )

I was thinking off site but in that swamp still. But I am honestly leaning more for cutting the tree's down. This is deep off of any trails, the ONLY possible way someone would come across these cut down tree's are hunters scouting out new area's and so far I haven't seen any evidence of that.

Boomer89

Seeds should be arriving from attitude this week (today - thurs)

I don't know what to make of this weather, tipping near 70s during the day, low 40's at night. I had not planned on starting the first round of seedlings until ~ 4/13 or so.

I had planned on growing around 5 at a time for 2 weeks indoors under 24hrs CFL. No sexing, just vegging.

MAY start earlier but idk with this crazy weather patterns. It seems beautiful NOW but we could get hit with a late freeze at anytime. I was hoping to have them all outside from May 11 - 18th. Id go earlier if I could.

Boomer89

Yes it will be quite a challenge. I have yet to venture to the swamps this year. Gosh it must of been at least 4 years since I was last down that way. The only thing that bugs me out is that the trail that leads through the opening of the swamp is a powerlines. A few years back they completely flattened everything around the trail, so I KNOW sunlight wouldn't be an issue.

Im just gonna attempt to walk as far into the swamp as I can and just try and set a few plants up on the outskirts where no body will go.

Ahh decisions, decisions, I just REALLY dont wanna get robbed.. again.

The main thing is that people can't see your grow from a distance; if they have to walk within five metres from you plants before they can see them then the chance that someone will walk past there is not great.
Hidden in plain sight.
I once grew some plants in a clump of bushes at the end of a sports field; I would be checking the plants while people were playing sport about 25 metres away.
Then one day I went to check on them and all these cops were exercising their police dogs in the park. One cop walked past the end where my plants were and his dog started barking and looking towards where my plants were. The cop told the dog off and the dog started walking off with him but kept stopping and looking where my plants were.
I didn't know when I planted them that that sports field was where the cops exercised their sniffer dogs.
I didn't grow in that spot again; not so much because of the dogs but there were a lot or rats there; I would put down two packets of rat poison and they would eat it and also eat the packages as well, and the number of rats didn't seem to go down; I was always seeing trails of pot leaves going off into the bushes where the rats carried them off.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
The swamp sounds like the better bet. If you still want to cut trees down, try to fell them in a direction that makes accessing your grow more difficult. Although if most of the naturally fallen trees lie in a specific direction, it may be less noticable to drop them that way. Dont cut them up and haul them. Youd probably leave some massive trails and piles of sawdust. After cutting them load the cut ends w/ mud and debris to camo them. The darker the mud/debris, the sooner the end will stain. cheers

glockdoc

im enjoying all the help all of u are giving this kid, because its helping me out too and will help others. how would a 30 gallon pot work outdoor, how much would it yield?!?

Boomer89

A lot.. and that is crazy amounts of soil to haul out for a guerilla grow.

I would not go that route unless you are only growing 1 - 5 plants (going balls out). 30gal would produce 7footers no doubt in the right conditions.

Im sticking with 10gal grow bags (those cheaper plasticy ones) a) there a lot cheaper than traditional grow bags b) they have everything the traditional grow bag has to offer.

PLUS im doing a 27plant grow. 10x27 = 270 GALLONS of soil!! = $$$

Don''t forget that the more work you do carting soil etc. to your site the bigger the loss if your site gets compromised; you will have done all this work for nothing.
Better to germinate heaps of seedlings and plant them out with minimal site preparation, that way if a site gets compromised you have not lost hours and hours of carting heavy grow materials to the site for nothing.

glockdoc

ive seen someone do 200 gal buckets pulling 12 ft ak47 trees avg3lbs per plant. what u see as a yield with 10 gal boomer? i plan on doing 12 clones of super lemon haze