What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Today I had the chance to pick up nutrient salts n micro, to mix a large batch of veg nutrients.

So I reviewed my plan about mixing a new res of GHE, with a mix of rain/RO water with Tab water.
Looked over a few threads on the topic, about mixing RO and tab water.
As always there are many different answers, as there are many different water sources.
Some recommend 20% tab water others 50/50, so I went with 25-30% tab water.

Also desides on using the new nutrient mix, as I plan on using this in the future. So I might as well get started, on dialing it in with the water mix.

Mixing Nutrients

First I take 4 kg Crack crystals
400 ml of mirco
9 Liters hand warm RO water.

Nutrient salts and micro nutrients, are poured into the warm RO water.

Then it's time to swirl the solution, and add another 3 Liters of luke warm RO water.

Once everything is desolved into the liquid, I top the solution off with RO water to just above the 20 L mark.
Give it a good swirl and the mix is ready to use!

Right now I am lowering the pH of the water, to it's stabil around 6.5 and see how it reacts with the nutrients.

I have read many recommend pH adjusting RO water, after you have added nutrients. But this goes against everything I have learned, as a greenhouse gardener on mixing feeding solution.
On the other hand, we did not use RO water and most of the feedmixing was done by computers.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Res Change

Res Change

Changed the Res today, emptied it out and refilled it with a mixture of aprox 75% rainwater and 25% tab water.
Adjusted it down to 6.2 pH, where it had a reading of 0.4ec (200 ppm) Which should be sufficient to cover the cal needs, and the new veg nutrient have a 3% Mg content.

Flushed the pots with the pH adjusted water, for 45 min give or take and let the post drain before I took my next reading.

pH had raised a bit to 6.3 pH and the Ec was jumping between .4 and
0.5 ec.

Added 250 ml of my new 14-3-23 veg mix (9 pm)
As expected, it didn't effect the pH levels only the Ec. (11 pm)
Took it up to 0.7 Ec, then I lowered the pH down to 5.7 pH
Added another 200 ml veg mix, and took the Ec levels to 0.9 (0.30 am)

pH 5.7
Ec 0.9

Now I'll see how the plants take on this new mix at a lower Ec, then the last feed mix.
To see if this will impove on things, as it's much easier to raise the Ec if they start looking starved.

Last edited:

jonnyfli

i will take a seat here Palindrome the boat looks good shame about the weather cant win them all i suppose :biggrin: now to see the flowers good vibes sent :)

Palindrome

King of Schwag
i will take a seat here Palindrome the boat looks good shame about the weather cant win them all i suppose :biggrin: now to see the flowers good vibes sent :)

Welcome aboard jonny, plenty of free seats on this ride at the seven seas of green.
Just gonna sail the boat home next weekend, and hope poseidon smiles to me!

Mornin update on the growroom

5.9 pH
0.9 Ec

So far so good, will be interresting to see how this will effect them.
Cal def. is a lot slower healing then Mg, so I expect to be able to see new growth to show a better health and the canabalism of the lower leafs to stop/slow down.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
More light, more is more!

More light, more is more!

Garden update

They have filled out the space under the light pretty well, so today I desided to spread them out and turn on a extra 400 watt light.

Found an illegal alien, squatting in my room.

It got evicted right away, prolly got in with the rain water, I didn't filter it this time. *note to myself* Filter the rainwater!

The plants where spread out, 5 under each 400 watt light.
Giving them more room to fill out, before I spread out a trellis net out and flip them to 12/12

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Thanks Badfishy1

Back from a few days sailing, the garden was running a little hot.
I hadn't cranked up the exhaust and cooltubes enough, but the plants looks like they have been doing all right.

The canopy fan, have made sure the plants haven't overheated.

Got super excited that they where doing well, and plenty of new growth. That as soon; I got the temp down, I moved on to training them, before I got a picture.
So here they are a few hours after todays training session.

Cheese

The Cheese plants are really easy to LST, they bend and shape very well.

OG Kush

This plant and another Kush clone, won't be trained, just grown to see how it develops.

LST

This OG Kush I am trying to LST but if I should come with a guess, it's not really that much into it.
Maybe a later bondage or combination of topping and later LST, might be better for this strain.

Topping

This Kush clone have been topped, I'll see how it develops. So far it looks good, the lower branches are shooting well.
Much better result then early LST

pH 5.8
Ec. 0.9

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Double trellis have gone up, I'll keep them under 18/6 a few more days or a little week and then I'll flip them into 12/12.

N

noyd666

I see this morning there's more house's gone palindrome, battle reaching back there mate to fix anything? got some growth happening.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
I see this morning there's more house's gone palindrome, battle reaching back there mate to fix anything? got some growth happening.

Yeah not alot of trafic around my grow table, I can push it to the side and crab sideways down the side.

One of the reasons I added the double trellis net, I won't be moving around on anything once I flip them. I might give them a light pruning, when I flip them.

The mix of about 75% RO/Rain water + 25% Tab water have really helped. The pH is a lot more steady now, if it's the nutrients or water mix I don't know, but plants look happy.

pH 5.75
Ec 0.9

RoosterGrows

Palindrome:

Thank you for taking the time to document every aspect of this build. Threads like this are why I love this site. Big respect.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Palindrome:

Thank you for taking the time to document every aspect of this build. Threads like this are why I love this site. Big respect.

Your very welcome, I try my best. Both to put in the info, that I might go back and read. But also try to put in info, that could help or inspire other growers.
I have always liked to experiment and play around, and document my success as well as failures.
So welcome to the thread, won't be long till I start building my veg closet!

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Plants are looking happy, everything seems to have settled in right.
The nutrient mix is nice and stabil, the pH have stayed in place and the nutrient/water uptake the past week have been spot on.

They have been using plenty of water, I can feel the summer is coming and it's soon time to flip this room into 12/12. No matter what, the outdoor temps are getting so high I can't cool the room enough during the day.

pH 5.7
Ec 1.0

As I now can see my Ec is raising and my pH is stabil, I need to keep an close eye on this.
First I'll have to collect some RO water (no rain in the forcast) and make a 75/25 mix of RO/Tab water and top the res.
Then I'll start switching the nutes over to a flower formular, but using about 50% of the left over veg mix.
For the first weeks of flower, while they streach, then I'll cut N down to a minimum and flower with lucas formular.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Today the pH had dropped a little more, but the Ec had also dropped back to 0.9.

Last night I started pH adjusting a drum of RO/Tap water mix (25-30% tap water)

Still testing, so I make a lot of notes at this point.

Start out point is 7.3 pH cold water mix (8 C degrees) w. powerhead

Added 10 ml pH down 20:45 => 6.8 pH + 5 ml pH down 23:15 => 6.5 pH + 6 ml pH down 23:45 =>
6,1 pH + 4 ml pH down 00:20 => 5.5 pH + heater 00:50.

Today 5.8 pH at 19 C degrees 11:00 o clock.

Adding Nutes after I pH adjusted it, I have as said before always learned that you pH adjust before adding nutes.
To prevent the H3PO4 to react with your nutrients, but mainly going for the hydrogencarbonate.
This might very well be different, from area to area. Depending on whats in your tap water, or if your running pure RO water.
Im not running pure RO water, and this seems to hold for RO/Rain and Tap water mix.

Once my pH is stabil around 5.8 ish, I'll add my nutes and expecting a small drop in pH but nothing more than 0.1 or 0.2 pH

2 part micro and 3 part bloom @ 0.9 Ec

Drained the reservoir about 2/3 down, leaving a fair amount of veg feed mix left in the res.
Then pumped the new flower mix, into the remains of the veg mix. To keep them supplied with plenty of N during the streach.

Switching them into 12/12 todat and in a few days, I will top the res up with another batch of flower nutes!

pH 5.65
Ec 0.9

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Have changed the timer setting, to run 12/12 from May 10th 12.00.

As it seems it's already summer, tho it was winter not a month ago. I will run the 2x 600 lights at night, where the tempreture is down.
So the light's will run from midnight to noon, giving me a few work hours morning and evening.

Prepared a few RW cubes, to take a few clones and keep as moms.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
First clones in 10 years

3x 'M' OG Kush
9x Cheese

Bubble cloner, with clay pepples and pure RO water.

Simple and should be fairly problem free, but we will see :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts