What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Travels Through South America

Manchineel

G'day ICMag crew!

I'm a grower from Aus, currently spending the next eight months traveling through South America.

I'm in Ecuador as we speak and thoroughly enjoyed the, although somewhat harsh, bud in Montañita. I paid as little as $35 USD for (umm...multiple) 20 gram bags. Boy did I smoke it up! When it comes to drying and compacting bud quickly, the Colombians know how it's done. Not the greatest, but beggars can't be choosers, right?

I'm off to Colombia next, then heading south, where I suspect I will end up in Argentina.

I'm after a heads up on the direction I should travel to find some nice smoke. It's so difficult being on foreign soil and not knowing where to go or who to ask. I've no problem paying gringo prices. I expect nothing less.

You get the gist, so I'll keep this post short.

If there are any other fellow growers out there willing to share a smoke with me and possibly point my ugly mug in the right direction, I would sincerely appreciate it.

Happy growing guys :)

Manchineel.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Howdy Manchineel, I hope your travels are going well and you foind some nice weed in Ecuador... let us know how that went!

Your travels sound fun, have you read the story about the search for Columbian Gold?

It is in our 7th Issue of the magazine... you can read a PDF of it at this link:

https://www.icmag.com/userfile.php?articleid=2492

Manchineel

Hey fellas!

Apologies for the delayed response. Made my way down to Chile which is where I currently am now. I've sampled many, many strains. Some good, some bad, some that blew my socks off! I shall post some pics. I've visited various grows and made some great friends along the way.

From Crippy in Colombia to Skan in Peru, to secret underground style greenhouse grows out in the middle of the San Pedro De Atacama desert. It's been an amazing ride. Heading to Uruguay soon where I hope to meet some fellow growers and see how they do it over there - where it's legal!

I have some pics to post up which I will do shortly.

I collected a bunch of different strains that are all grown outdoors, but had a few shall we say "technical" issues at a certain border that saw me lose them. However, I've remained in contact with the farmers and will be having some juicy seeds sent over once I'm back home.

I've also been gifted recently some interesting crosses from a new friend who owns a grow shop in Chile. Exciting stuff.

Manchineel

Howdy Manchineel, I hope your travels are going well and you foind some nice weed in Ecuador... let us know how that went!

Your travels sound fun, have you read the story about the search for Columbian Gold?

It is in our 7th Issue of the magazine... you can read a PDF of it at this link:

https://www.icmag.com/userfile.php?articleid=2492

Intriguing! I'm chasing down the infamous La Maldita and Punto Rojo but they're proving to be quite a task to locate, as most farmers have started leaning towards faster flowering hybrids. It's a shame, but there are some strong sativas out there. Even if they do abuse them a little too much. The Skan appears to be a very, very potent sativa. One farmer took me to his house. I was holding bundles and bundles of HUGE sticky crystalised colas that I didn't want to let go of! He's a new friend and will be sending me some Skan seeds in Feb/March.

Manchineel

If you can please take scenery pics and share them in here. :tiphat:

Working on it! They're ever so friendly once they know you're in the same boat, but not so comfortable with taking pictures of their grows or product, pre-sale. For obvious reasons!

I will get some pics up of an ingenious underground desert grow shortly.

I will be hooking up with someone in Uruguay where I will be able to post some pics of field grows. End of December.

Manchineel

How are the travels brother? Im excited to hear about your time in Columbia, and the buds you've come across. Buen Viajes!

The Crippy here is very potent. A strong indica. Narcotic like affects. It isn't a quality product by any means, but it is very cheap and gets the job done after a long hike!

WishDoctor

go to peru, head for the eastern slopes of the andes. that's wher I found what you want.
look for the jewish communities, they are the cannabis growers/distributors throughout Peru Columbia Ecuador, most of the amazon.
I work with several groups down on the Ucayali River now, we have several nice plantian fields we grow. plus we are maintaining several hundred coloniers of stingless bees, and harvest mushies for the aya tourists.
original user name...obsidian
I found the Guava flave this summer.
and getting the seeds to Oregon was a pain in the ass.
Seed/Clones will be released in 2020 here in Oregon into our Rec system, I am tier I producer and processor here on the Rogue.

Latest posts

Latest posts