What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GM food = death?

RESINvention

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/april262010/gm-food-as.php

Researchers have found that after feeding hamsters Genetically Modified food, their babies had reduced growth and stunted sexual organ development. Those 2nd generation babies were fed a diet of GM food, mated, and had babies. The 3rd generation babies were unable to reproduce at all, and signs of hair were growing in their mouths..

Monsanto is the king of genetically modified d.n.a.

They are the ones pushing GM seed.. imagine the ramifications...

They also say roughly 75% of processed food has some form of genetically modified substance in it.

There is a huge link to processed food and cancer. Strange?

For all you GM advocates, please eat nothing but GM food.

For everyone else, grow your own food organically, your grandchildren will thank you for it.

wreck

The wife and I just started a decently sized garden a few weeks ago, sparked by watching Food Inc.

Great post.:good:

FarOut1

Great post Gotta watch these guys coz they already started to mess with cannabis.

Be interesting to see how that case turns out in june, hopefully it's good news for the organic crowd.

Think about that test, if monsanto overgrew the earth with their cannabis, it would soon sterilize other cannabis plants growing outdoors. Fortunately we're already doing most of this work indoors:muahaha: Might need ta upgrade my filtration on air intake...

To be honest it's coz of these pricks i've started buyin/makin more seeds, in a way i'm Grat3ful hehe

:respect: RESINvention

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
Wow, an article without a link to the original study?

Not exactly awe inspiring journalism.

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
y'all have to check out cloned meat/steaks..they need to exercise it so it has consistentcy or it's just mush..

blinx420

Hydrogenated oils aka Shortening can cause cancer it's in almost all food I found that out when I developed Prostate Cancer but luckily found a Natural Cure for Cancer.

After 7 months the cancer had spread everywhere I was in extreme pain but I did the that treatment and went into remission within a week.. Everytime I eat anything with Hydrogenated oil the tumor pain hits back instatnly so I stay away from it..

There is a new additive called BHO that also causes pain it's purpose is also to give food a longer shelf life..

FarOut1

Wow, an article without a link to the original study?

Not exactly awe inspiring journalism.

We all take something different from her words.

Just because they didn't provide a link for you, it's not happening?

She didn't provide a link to the supreme court case she spoke about but anybody with any curiosity could copy paste and google the sentence "On Tuesday, the U.S. Supreme Court will hear its first arguments regarding genetically modified alfalfa" then they could read about an actual case going on, that will have an effect on us all, whether or not she posted a link. This will take some effort on the readers part, to read into how this could be such an important case, instead of laughing off the cross polination of alfalfa, i mean really don't we have much more important things to worry about than some organic alfalfa farmers.

It's easier to be dismissive and critical than to become more pro active in your internet research.

But yea, what a load of bull, no fukin links:blowbubbles:

SupraSPL

I support the free market but what Monsanto is doing more resembles crime than it does business. Patenting lifeforms was supposed to be illegal. I would like to see their seed patents reversed and their company fined for contaminating crops with pollen from GM plants.

what a wonderful world.
GMO Scares me very much.
articles like this need to push people to grow their own food, lower their footprint, and ensure healthy future generations.
the greatest gift you can give is life, why not make it a healthy one?

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
We all take something different from her words.

Just because they didn't provide a link for you, it's not happening?

She didn't provide a link to the supreme court case she spoke about but anybody with any curiosity could copy paste and google the sentence "On Tuesday, the U.S. Supreme Court will hear its first arguments regarding genetically modified alfalfa" then they could read about an actual case going on, that will have an effect on us all, whether or not she posted a link. This will take some effort on the readers part, to read into how this could be such an important case, instead of laughing off the cross polination of alfalfa, i mean really don't we have much more important things to worry about than some organic alfalfa farmers.

It's easier to be dismissive and critical than to become more pro active in your internet research.

But yea, what a load of bull, no fukin links:blowbubbles:

I followed the link to a russian page, with exactly the same article, word for word, but without a single link to the actual study, one that for example, explains their methodologies, the actual results, and quantities of GM food given.. things that tend to be important when someone wants to make such broad claims about something.

Latest posts

Latest posts