What's new

having serious germination issues (3/3 dead seeds..)

Bigboy1

Hi Smokers,
I'd love to hear your opinion regarding the following,

I bought some seeds 11 months ago from seed-city, all are feminized and top brands.. kept in a dark place with low humidity

When bought I germinated 3 of them, 2 pop'ed and the third one died.

Now I tried to germinate another 2 seeds (one by one) and none of them grew a root. all dies.

for the first seed I used 24h in water (pH 6.0) and after that in rockwool. temp ~25 humidity ~70%

for the first seed I used 36h in bottled water and after that in wet paper. temp ~25 humidity ~70%

Now i'm at my third seed,
for the third seed I used 48h in water (pH 6.0) and currently it's in a wet paper for the last ~20h. temp ~25 humidity ~70%
but still no root has pop'ed out, it didn't even cracked :/

any ideas on what am I doing wrong, or how to try and save the third seed?

Thanks,
M

ozza

Veteran
Scour the seed and maybe crack it. 25 is high for a seed. I think. Maybe just a bit cooler. Sometimes seeds are stuffed.

neongreen

Veteran
I have no problems soaking seeds for a night or two @ between 25-26. I use rainwater + H2O2 (diluted to 1-2%) + a bit of seaweed extract (contains growth stimulators). When most have sunk they go straight into the medium, and it's unusual for any to not come up.

budlover123

If I have a seed that I don't plan on using for several months, I put it in the freezer. I have had 5 year old seeds from the freezer work fine and 5 month old unfrozen, well kept seeds open up and spit out moldy death instead of a root, and those were good feminized seeds from a good seller.

Latest posts

Latest posts