What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dream room planning. 100% ELP plasma Cabs?

Nomadinexile

Hello, I have some questions for whazzup, but of course anyone can answer. If anyone else has plasma grow questions or comments, feel free to post here. :)

1. I'm hoping to use office storage cabinets, 4x2x6. I want to put two plasmas, lep 300w, per cabinet. Each two cabitets would exhaust into central third cabinet containing exhaust fan and filter. This is to maximize room in grow cabs for plants. Is this plan possible with good hvac? Or is this idea a pipe dream?

2. What kind of harvest is possible per lep, assuming I am good grower using organic soil, maybe coco?

3. What would be maximum and minimum square footage per light for flowering good solid nugs?

4. For vegging in cabinet of 4x2x6, would one lep work well? I understand the square reflector and wall reflection issues, but I have other issues to consider as well.

That's all for now, but here are my general concerns in case it can help with answers.

Least concerns, cost. I don't care how much these costs. Comments about how I should just buy hps and save money will be ignored. I know my options.

Big concerns
stealth. Hence office cab idea. Also, infared helicopters, and noise from giant cooling fans. And quality, I want highest possible quality of medicine.

Did I mention stealth? :)

Thanks! And fire away. Peace

Hey Nomadinexile. I'm very interested in the LEP's too, so thought I'd jump in and offer my two cents.

I know this isn't probably what you want to hear, but it has to be said.

I think you would be doing your plants no favours by growing solely with LEP's. I'm sure whazzup will confirm this, but LEP's are best used as supplementary lighting in an HPS setup. They are good at vegging plants, but for flower, they will not perform well, and you will not get the quality, nor yield you are looking for.

I realise that stealth is an issue for you, so you'd maybe be better off with a couple of 150W lights, or possibly a 250W, small enough that you can manage a stealth setup without too much trouble.

Though I don't think LEP's would be too good to supplement such small HPS lamps, as whazzup stated that a single LEP 300 would be beneficial when using around 1000-1200W of HPS.

Stealth grows can be disguised rather sneakily, as a few members on here have demonstrated. A cabinet with a fish tank on top springs to mind as one of the more ingenious methods I've seen. You might want to do a search for that to get you started, or take a look around the micro growers section.

Nomadinexile

Thanks for your reply.
1. Lep spectrum is amazing, how can they not grow quality? It's just a matter of how much. He mentions 150 grams per in another thread, which I would be fine with, just want to confirm that. As for your fish tank and micro comments, neither apply here. I'm looking for 32 sq. Ft. flowering min., and another 16 veg. That would be one hell of a fish tank! Truly, office cabinets in my office are the best option.

If it comes down to it, I will run large grow labs with their 400v and plasma combo, but I really want to go straight plasma. I'kl just have to put my junk yard dogs in the basement if I do that. But then I have to move somewhere where they have basements or I can get legal. Currently not growing, so I can say that. ;)

whazzup

Veteran
with high enough levels yes, you can grow a great crop. But recycle the heat back to the plants because they really miss the IR heat. Also plasma light is like sunlight, it does not keep your plant very small. The plants are more open and I would think the biggest advantage you will have in a large room. Always understand that plasma light is currently 1 umol/W, while the best HPS systems nowadays do 2 umal/watt or more. So in any case it isn't very energy efficient. On the other hand it would be more efficient than 2 metal halides.

Practically: you would not be able to fit two in.

whazzup

Veteran
oh, I did a little experiment with just one Kronocaine seedling seeded in 90 liters Gold Label Custom under one 300W plasma lamp. The seedling first had very high amounts of plasma light, I wanted to see the plant reaction on such an abundance of light, think about 1000 umol+. Though she left her leafs hanging and her internodes short as soon as the light can up a but she made a jump for it. The plant grew more than 3 cm per day. At the end the leafs touched the glass of the fixture. I left them there for a few days to see the effects. A few burned/wilted leafs but just below the glass filter everything is really doing well. End of January I took cuttings and pruned her quite a bit! Well, here is the result. Apologies for the spelling mistakes, it was a real quick and dirty for a friend of mine.

[youtube]rGtc-McMTs0[/youtube]

Now imagine that you add one 600W HPS

Nomadinexile

Thanks whazzup! I've been dying to talk to you!

But i'm confused. Only one would fit in cabinet? And plants would get too tall? Even a low stretch strain in scrog flowered early?

I don't think I could add 600, there wouldn't be room for that if two lep won't fit righ? Are there any options for 4x2x6? Like one plasma and two led maybe? I'm really hoping to use these cabinets. ;)

Otherwise, what is total amps for 600, 1000, 300 each? And what is perfect ratio of lep to hps? Because I have been singing plasma's praises for a long time, and really want to showcase them. So could I run 1000 hps with four lep in a 4.5 ft x 4.5 ft?

Thank you so much! I can not wait to order a bunch of lamps, I like what gavita is doing!!

whazzup

Veteran
2x4x6 is really small. Trust me, it won't fit. All specs of the luminaries you can find, incl. documentation, on our web site.

You can choose any combination you like based on what it is you want to achieve. 1 LEP per 600-1200W is sufficient. More about this in all the plasma threads.

Nomadinexile

this conversation has been extremely dissapointing. You have:tiphat:n't answered half my questions and are being very short to someone who wanted to spend $10k on your products. I'm going to see if plasmalyte knows what customer service is. If I buy from gavita, my order will now be as short as your reply's. good day to you, :tiphat:

p.s. I'm only online on a phone, and spending two days searching through threads which don't apply to me, and half of which are chit chat, is not in my budget, that's why I have money.

whazzup

Veteran
well I am sorry that you feel that way. This is not the Gavita support channel. Though I work for Gavita I am here on a personal account since 2006. We strive to put every recent documentation on our website, which includes all the technical details.

Take a look at the measurements of the fixtures and try to put those in a 2x4 room with the reflectors exactly above the center left and right, or preferably a bit more outward to compensate the smal walls. That is just physically impossible unfortunately.

Furthermore: Yes, on a forum you are expected to search current content before you ask a question. All your questions have been answered multiple times already in the plasma light threads. I would recommend you read those threads too. If you have limited time and have a question I recommend that you use email instead of a forum for your inquiries.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Latest posts