What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trading a 125w cfl for 1000w hid

Delta-Nine

Buddy of mine is trying to get his grow room setup but the 1000w is to much for his 2'x2'x5 closet.. I have a 125w blue & red that he wants to trade for his 1000.
I really don't need the 1000 but can't pass it up as it's basically free.. I'm running 2-600w hids now, but if you had the option what would you run? 2-600w's or the 1000? I always would say the 2-600w but now that I have the option I don't know what tO do.. I know 2-600 will put out more lumens Per watt but the 1000 has better penetration .. My tent is 4'x4'x6.5'. So the 2-600's are squeezed in there with no heat issues.. Lol.. Never thought I'd have his dilemma .. What's your 2 cents on topic?

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
wow I would think either option is too much for that tent. If it were me I'd have only put in the 1 600, but if you can squeeze in 2 with no issues then by all means. You'll get better yields than the thouwie.

Delta-Nine

Trading a 125w cfl for 1000w hid

wow I would think either option is too much for that tent. If it were me I'd have only put in the 1 600, but if you can squeeze in 2 with no issues then by all means. You'll get better yields than the thouwie.

Yeah everyone thought the 2-600's would be too much for my tent but I have no temp issues @ all.. With my Inline fan controller I can range my temps from 60- 90f and dial it in where I need it.. I've got my 600's about 10" from canopy & my temps are 78f @ canopy top.. Of course they are air-cooled hoods..

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
i'd take the 2-600w's over the 1000w'r. put that 1000w up on craigslist and make some money for new beans or something.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
i vote for the 2nd tent bro use both! i run 1k in each 5x5 tent and love it. i grow trees so penatration is everything to me.

darko_G

fuck the tent.... 600-1000-600 straight down the middle of the room plenty of space to walk all the way around and admire ya shit

Lain

IMO, Finish your harvest with the 2 horizontal 600w's

Switch to the 1000w, barebulb vertical scrog for next grow.

See which setup you like/which one yields more. Depending on how much power you're able to use, you could even try a 600w-1000w-600w vertical stacked in cooltubes. Then grow plants on custom made shelves so you can use the entire 6.5ft of height in your tent.

if your shits dialed in why f with it ??

^ Or that

Latest posts

Latest posts