What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Auto Males

figment42

So how do we find a male to make seeds with these new super autos and not get a genetic crap shoot with the seeds.

There is no super autos that are regular seeds. All femenized. Would crossing say super cali haze and purple mazar give me something in the middle of the two or a mix. I really want to grow some super calli haze outside next year but I will need to make some seeds.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey man, You could grow out a pack and make S1's from the best lady you find?

Or like you say find an AF male from a regular pack.

The F1's could be pretty uniform and give you something in the middle. If you cross the best of your F1's i'm sure you could find some very interesting phenos in the F2 generation. It depends what your preference for plant size/flowering time is.

Either option would be fun :)

MC

BuncleBill

Some of the auto fem seeds can be male + or -1 %. I got a variety pack 5 ww, 5 bb and 5 lr. I got a male bb in my first grow. The male showed his sex first in just 16 days the girls took 19-24 days. When I first saw him in the tank I was going to destroy him then I got to thinking about breeding. He is now in another building happily growing, when it is time I will will use his pollen to fertilize a lower bud on one of each of a bb, lr and a ww. The seeds produced should be auto fem seeds or maybe mixed male and female autos, I am not sure. In the pix he is at about 22 days from seed.

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 58

figment42

Would a male(not herm) found in a pack of 'fem' seeds be a wise choice to breed with? Not looking to advance the strain or anything like that just keep it.

If I was to use a reg male would like half be like the mom and half like the the dad or a mix with some in the middle?

Anyone know if super cali haze is ever gonna be released as a reg seed. That plant looks amazing. I would LOVE to have that in my own stash.

SmilinBob

Since super auto's are supposed to have no lowryder genes. You will probably be better of crossing it to a regular strain, and then from there find the auto flower males to cross back to the fem cali beans.

It will take several generations of crosses to get the auto gene back into dominance.

figment42

I thought I read earlier in the year that an AK, Cheese and one other strain was suppose to be coming out in super auto form. Be nice to have these strains in regular form.....
These breeders are wanting a return on the work they put into making these strains. Not wanting to get ripped off as soon as they release them. Eventually though they will be available. A small field of super auto aks would be lovely.

Muddy

According to Stitch, the breeder of most of the super auto strains. the new cheese and a couple others are now in testing and should be available in the spring.

I thought I read earlier in the year that an AK, Cheese and one other strain was suppose to be coming out in super auto form. Be nice to have these strains in regular form.....
These breeders are wanting a return on the work they put into making these strains. Not wanting to get ripped off as soon as they release them. Eventually though they will be available. A small field of super auto aks would be lovely.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
According to Stitch, the breeder of most of the super auto strains. the new cheese and a couple others are now in testing and should be available in the spring.

They will stay feminised for some time after that though I would imagine?

i'm not sure to put on the market reg super auto seeds...sorry

to many bank copy now so i just want to preserve my hard work, what is totaly normal..

and sorry but I breed all super autos, not just some...heheh they are all coming from my own genetic named STITCH0.1 which is the base of it...

thank u

SmilinBob

If you're known for excellent customer service, quality seeds, and a good reputation is what keeps people coming back. Not the limited male stock.

obvious

obvious

ur totaly right and this is the point, but males have nothing to see there and what u said has nothing to see with copies mate...

anyway i won't change my point of view for now, maybe....in a future...

SmilinBob

It's just as easy for someone to make fem beans from your fem beans. Probably easier, because you done the hard work by selecting the parents.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
if you was to stress a female super auto the resulting pollen would be female pollen and produce femized beans

for example if you stress a super cali haze and take the pollen and use it on a sour 60 you would get super sour 60 cali haze feminized seeds

or if you take the pollen and use it on another super cali haze you will produce more super cali haze feminized seeds

i think colidial silver would be the best method to use if you wanted to create pollen and start using it from when the first show sex

figment42

I like the renewing aspect with seeds. I think that is one of the reasons I like autos so much. Nothing against the find a mother and clone...clone...clone method. Just seems like the modern approach that we take with everything, exploit a resource to its fullest and most efficient way possible. Basically I just like growing the natural way...Plant a seed grow a plant.

I don't know if it would be just as easy to make fem beans as it would be to do nothing extra at all and let them mate. Maybe for an indoor grower. I like that low tech old school. :)

And to the breeder. You offer a product. If people don't like it no prob...they just don't buy it. Protecting ones properties is the way business is done. Ever since people started pirating cds, companies been trying to put protection on the disc.

btw I tried oynx. I really liked it. Nice job.