What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Marijuana USA" new report on CNN, Wed 12/8

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
EDIT: Once again headiez messes up the thread title. Meant to say CNBC not CNN.

CNBC is airing a sequel to their initial attempt at a Pot Documentary (Marijuana Inc.) with a new 60 minute report called "Marijuana USA".

Airs tmrw Wed 12/8 on CNBC:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/39617671/

More states are permitting the use of marijuana for medicinal purposes and the Obama administration has signaled relaxed enforcement of the industry in those states. Now, a new generation of marijuana entrepreneurs has emerged across America. They come from the unlikely fields of finance, politics, medicine and law, and they want to claim a stake in this modern day gold rush.

CNBC's "Marijuana USA" goes inside a flourishing medical pot industry. In Colorado, the demon weed is rebranded as a natural herbal remedy with healing powers that even respectable citizens can enjoy. We meet two restaurant owners who are about to launch a new line of cannabis-infused edibles. And, we’ll go inside a clinic where marijuana is almost always the doctor's order.

In this bold new era of greater marijuana acceptance, the business still remains in violation of federal laws. But, the entrepreneurs have asked to be regulated, licensed and taxed – just like any other trade. After more than seventy years as an illegal drug, is it possible that marijuana’s moment has arrived?

sac beh

I was really hoping this report would get more into the science of cannabis which makes it a legit medicine. They took footage at the recent marijuana conference in NY where there were some great scientific/botanical perspectives. But it is CNBC, so it will certainly be more the business aspect more than anything. Good exposure I guess..

This has to be one of the worst sentences in the history of sentences:

In Colorado, the demon weed is rebranded as a natural herbal remedy with healing powers that even respectable citizens can enjoy.

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
proof that pot sells ad space on TV

it'll be worth it if the commentator chic wears tight jeans again

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
But, the entrepreneurs have asked to be regulated, licensed and taxed – just like any other trade. After more than seventy years as an illegal drug, is it possible that marijuana’s moment has arrived?

Oh god please say YES!!!!

crazybear

We need more shows like this if they do their research & delve into the reality that marijuana is medicine instead of trying to show that a lot of people in there opinions are only using the MMJ to get high!
Don't get me wrong smoking weed is good & I don't care that people get DR. rec. just to get high, but then people want to point at that & say people are abusing the system so we need to stop it! Just like pharm. meds.:plant grow::smoweed::smoke out:

Pass it to the left!!!!

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
We need more shows like this IF they do their research & delve into the reality that marijuana is medicine instead of trying to show that a lot of people in there opinions are only using the MMJ to get high!

I agree but thats a big "IF".
Several of the marijuana docs ive seen continue to perpetuate this idea that all marijuana smokers are in it for the high. And that simply is not true.
Scientific evidence supporting the medicinal value of marijuana would be a plus.

Cheerful

Here are the scheduled airings of Marijuana USA on CNBC according to AOL: (60 min)

12-8 9pm & 10 PM
12-9 12 am & 1 am & 8 PM
12-10 12 am & 9 pm
12-11 1 am
12-12 10 pm
12-15 8 pm
12-20 1 am

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
I agree but thats a big "IF".
Several of the marijuana docs ive seen continue to perpetuate this idea that all marijuana smokers are in it for the high. And that simply is not true.
Scientific evidence supporting the medicinal value of marijuana would be a plus.

I want to ask a very simple fucking question here.........WHAT IS WRONG WITH LIKING THE HIGH???

Everyone (esp in the States) is so fucking concerned with 'legitimate use' vs 'medical use' and ensuring only those with 'legitimate needs' should have access, yada yada yada....this Puritanical policing of the private headspace of the populace drives me fucking crazy....

Wanting to get stoned is a legitimate fucking use of cannabis IMHO.....esp in this crazy, hectic, impersonal and often depressing world we live in, it is totally 100% legit to want to chill a bit and have a wee mental break.

I personally use it for this reason often....as well as using it to help me deal with being bi-polar and quite batshit crazy indeed. Funny coincidence that it seems to be the getting baked that helps with the mental issues.......

Anyhoo, I think that all this crap about legit vs recreational use is a fucking load of horseshit.......the Corpo-Nazis are simply terrified of the concept of the general population smoking dope and slipping out of their control in any way.....same reason why LSD is illegal (and in the same legal class as heroin). The powers that be do NOT want peoples eyes opened in the way these substances can do....they would much rather keep their slaves passive and stupid with TV and tranks.

H

HippyJohnny

Would love to see a documentary about 60 cops busting 40 plants... or one about family dogs shot in home raids, about doors getting kicked in at the wrong house....

I could personally care less about the economics of weed, I care about the police state created and wonder how far it will go.

How about a show about how in jail we cant control drug use, rape, violence etc...

"If they get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers."
Thomas Pynchon

We seem to be asking the wrong questions.

Peace :joint:

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
I want to ask a very simple fucking question here.........WHAT IS WRONG WITH LIKING THE HIGH???

Everyone (esp in the States) is so fucking concerned with 'legitimate use' vs 'medical use' and ensuring only those with 'legitimate needs' should have access, yada yada yada....this Puritanical policing of the private headspace of the populace drives me fucking crazy....

Wanting to get stoned is a legitimate fucking use of cannabis IMHO.....esp in this crazy, hectic, impersonal and often depressing world we live in, it is totally 100% legit to want to chill a bit and have a wee mental break.

I personally use it for this reason often....as well as using it to help me deal with being bi-polar and quite batshit crazy indeed. Funny coincidence that it seems to be the getting baked that helps with the mental issues.......

Anyhoo, I think that all this crap about legit vs recreational use is a fucking load of horseshit.......the Corpo-Nazis are simply terrified of the concept of the general population smoking dope and slipping out of their control in any way.....same reason why LSD is illegal (and in the same legal class as heroin). The powers that be do NOT want peoples eyes opened in the way these substances can do....they would much rather keep their slaves passive and stupid with TV and tranks.

Your idea of 100% legit and the publics idea of 100% legit are very different I believe.
I am not disagreeing with you but I am saying that the way to change public opinion is not to show a bunch of potheads saying they are smoking for their own self-diagnosed ailments. But instead steering the public with FACTS (scientific evidence) and statistics that bolster the idea that mmj could alleviate certain serious medical conditions. This is our best chance for legalization-- changing public perception first then forcing the gov't to follow suit.

BTW I AM NOT a mmj patient although I do supply a few. And in my situation what is good for the goose is good for the gander. ;)

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I would like to see a documentary that not only showed solid evidence of legitimate medical applications but also all the myriad legitimate applications including a much safer and more practical means of unwinding then getting drunk on alcohol. I'd also like to see a significant amount of time devoted to all the politics behind why prohibition was really started and why propaganda like Reefer Madness was created to mislead the masses.

ddrew

Veteran
CNBC has a Marijuana website now

CNBC has a Marijuana website now

http://www.cnbc.com/id/36022433/

You can find info on pending legislation in all states and a bunch of other stuff it looks like, I just started looking at it.
My Dad called me and told me to check it out, lol.
It's a preview and other stuff for their new show tonight
Marijuana USA

Latest posts

Latest posts