What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AT&T fixed wireless

dddaver

Veteran
What a bummer. Rural users will be able to relate. I kept getting these personally addressed come-ons from AT&T telling me I was eligible for their fixed wireless. But I have a Hughes satellite contract that runs out June 27. So I was biding my time, stoked I would finally be getting real broadband. So set up an account and ordered it.

The tech showed up this morning. AT&T guarantees 10 MB/sec. but he said most people get like 25 MB/sec. and I'm about a mile and a half from a tower so there should be no problem.

The guy goes outside and about a half hour later comes in and says he couldn't get a signal. He was able to pick up other towers but called in and they told him he couldn't do that. DAMN!

That Hughes satellite works at night. I get 10-15 MB/sec. then. But during the day I only get about .5MB/sec. Everyday, Sunday included. Then the ping is usually around 700-800 anyway.

That satellite has been a pain in my ass for the 2 years I've had it. Hughes REALLY sucks. Their response to my many many slow complaints was to send an installer out. Not a software guy as I assumed they would. Why? And their community website is just full of unhappy customers. This is nowhere near worth the $87/month for 20 GB. Jesus. And I pay them for their abuse and lies. WTF?

Sorry to just bitch. I'm pissed. Thanks for letting me vent.

Latest posts

Latest posts