What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Top feed drip system

Lathund

I've never used anything but Hempy buckets, I want to try top feed dripper system in a Secret Jardin DR120.

What kind of drippers would be ideal? All I can find locally are https://www.hydrogarden.se/odlingssystemkrukor/bevattning-pumpar/droppbevattning/

These are 144mm tall, I am leaning towards growing in SOG so I'm a bit worried about the length of them as the pots will be small. I would prefer circular drippers but havn't found any in EU.

Is 2 litres/hour a good feedrate or do I need more/less?

How big of a pump would be required if I elevetade the tray to around 75cm?

Thanks in advance!

Legalcdn

Have you thought about sub irrigated planters (SIP)? google alaska grow buckets. No pump..no emitters..

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The link won't even begin to open for me, but I'm guessing arrow drippers. Pump capacity in liters is pointless here, it's a question of pressure, not delivery with such a small area. Though you didn't actually say how many drippers you need. Pressure is generally expressed as lift. Arrows like about 0.8 bar, or 8 meters. It's actually a lot when you start looking at pond pumps. I turn to RV pumps, designed to power a shower from 12v. 15usd should buy one, and a 12v psu to run it another 15. Be aware, 12v 3-5amp psu's can weld a cheap timer. So you may wish to get a cheap contactor. It does mount up a bit, but only the pump is likely to need replacing at some point. Running them dry can start them rattling. Leading to certain death. But always primed before running, they last years.

I've never used anything but Hempy buckets, I want to try top feed dripper system in a Secret Jardin DR120.

What kind of drippers would be ideal? All I can find locally are https://www.hydrogarden.se/odlingssystemkrukor/bevattning-pumpar/droppbevattning/

These are 144mm tall, I am leaning towards growing in SOG so I'm a bit worried about the length of them as the pots will be small. I would prefer circular drippers but havn't found any in EU.

Is 2 litres/hour a good feedrate or do I need more/less?

How big of a pump would be required if I elevetade the tray to around 75cm?

Thanks in advance!
I know that your post is a few months old, but just in case you're still on the search for an irrigation system...

Check out Tropf Blumats! I love mine, and a lot of people have success with theirs. Most people in the USA order them through Sustainable Village (Amazon), but Tropf is actually headquartered in Germany so you can definitely order their systems in the EU.

They have several options for watering and how you run your irrigation system, and once you get them dialed in properly, they're a lifesaver.

Latest posts

Latest posts