What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It's a bunch of high priced corn.

h.h.

Veteran
New boss, same as the old boss.
Don't care if it's in a cartoon bottle or a bag, it's the same game. Nothing is new except now we're spread out like a bad turd. Stoner science prevails and is now in reruns on channel 3.

h.h.

Veteran
...huh...

???

dank.Frank

LOL
Just checking out another forum that many here are familiar with. Didn't really see much new. Some high priced popcorn with unrealistic claims about cytokinin.
Personally, I was hoping to read a little uninterrupted conversation between the "experts".
Going onto the Yahoo groups, ran by some of our favorite book gurus, it's no different.
Knowledge is spread thin with ass kissing taking the place of peer review.
I guess I'm just a little frustrated with it all.

bigshrimp

Veteran
but its PURPLE... and TIBETAN!

Was ur corn blessed by an actual tibetan monk? diddnt think so lol

milkyjoe

Veteran
Learning to control the cytokinin vs auxin balance actually is extremely beneficial. More than one way to skin that cat though, kelp works just fine when you get the dose dialed in.

As far as enzymes, provide the minerals and they will come :biggrin:

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
Funny-Signs-Eat-The-Devils-Corn-Choke-On-His-Cob-Religion-Church-God.jpg

Granger2

Veteran
That message could be taken in different ways, but I love the contrast with the signs in the background. -granger

milkyjoe

Veteran
Just playing with it to see if I can control how much stretch I get during those first few weeks of flower. Not much effect at all in plants with good root systems, eg Blue Dream. But I think (I cannot prove I admit) that in plants with shitty root systems (OGs) I can tighten the nodes some.

It is based on observation only so it would not stand up in court I admit. But hey, fucking around with different things is fun. I would not spend a lot of money on it, but some...Ima continue to play, at least til I get bored with it.

I admit some of my posts sound like commercials...I can be prone to hyperbole. And probably it is the overall balance of minerals that really matters...stumble into something that balances your mix and get results, add something (no matter how good it is) that throws the balance off and get nothing.

I try to focus on Albrecht ratios in the soil...and then I play

milkyjoe

Veteran
Trying to answer Frank's question. I try to maintain a slight cytokinin advantage over auxins by feeding (soil and foliar) kelp. I cannot show with statistical certainty that it actually works cause I will never in my lifetime grow enough plants to even determine what the standard deviation is...so I should probably just shut up. When I get stoned enough that is hard for me for some reason.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You didn't address what you actually were doing differently to try and manipulate these growth regulators within the plant...which is what I was curious about. (oops...edit...was typing when you just responded above - thanks for adressing that)

I can see you placing stimuli in the soil (or through foliar feeding) which could theoretically provide the plant with the necessary means of performing a genetically mandated function with greater effiecency.

The topic by large is not even fully understood in it's entirety by people that use a bunch sentences in which I have to look up nearly every fifth word...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3146736/

And they are trying to grasp a better understanding of it by using genomic material to find the purpose / interconnectedness of it all via coding sequences...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22527389

While I think it may be an interesting thing to tinker with - I don't think there is anything at all that can be determined conclusively, especially not by simply observing the plants as they grow - even when using a group of control plants or exercising some degree of scientific control. (which is what I thought you were impling when you stated "control" above given the particular intricacy of the topic)

Don't get me wrong though - I don't see anything wrong with drawing a hypothesis for further study by using anecdotal evidence...I was just curious to what degree you had been messing around with the particular topic at hand.

On a completely unrealted note -

I think OG's have extremely vigorous rooting structures, fwiw...albeit some of them can be a bit difficult to clone - once rooted, they are some of the fastest growing, most vigorous cuts I've ever worked with. ;)

dank.Frank

Last edited:

h.h.

Veteran
Inconclusive and I'm unconvinced...It's still in the back of my head when collecting organic matter. Seeds, apical tips, sprouts.
I'm all about Albrecht and minerals. A bit limited in knowledge mind you. I do know what can happen in bare desert soil. What it lacks is nitrogen and texture. Many desert plants have formed bacterial symbiotic relationships in order receive nitrogen. Yucca, acacia, mesquite, cactus, cycads...this in turn has allowed other plant life.
It's a slow process when we try it, and it still lacks texture that takes years to build. We speed it up with organic matter, a lot of organic matter. So much to the point that the minerals have been ignored. A good compost pile is full of dirt. I throw shovel fulls in my worm bin. For me, in pots, it's easier to work backwards starting with organic matter and adding minerals. Outside it's more in natural order.
If you want to break down those minerals, plant cactus.

http://www.redorbit.com/news/science/1740669/scientists_explain_how_cacti_grow_on_bare_rocks/

Got some San Pedro to put in the bins, I wonder how they'll like it? Maybe yes, maybe no.
Maybe figure a way to plant some in there.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree entirely that the concepts are not fully understood - in fact, that's what those links are stating, primarily. ;)

dank.Frank

h.h.

Veteran
Stop looking for a Boss and think for yourself. Problem Solved.
No it isn't solved.
I see the talent spread out for no reason. Your site unfortunately has the same downfalls. Might as well be reading the posts on S****** seeds.
There is little expertise in these forums. Yes I can think for my self, I've studied a lot, but I still rely on the expertise of others. Now they're even further splattered all over the place. You took a vast majority of posters from here. What was the point? So you could run your own advertisement and make your own claims? Whatever. Everybody loses.