What's new

pics

Hi can anyone tell me why my pics look so blurry ? My camera is 8 megapixel and the shots look brilliant until i upload them ? Any help ??

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
ICMag has a size limit imposed on new members under 50 posts, not sure what it is I will check for you mate and get back to you. I do know that once you are over 50 posts it increases to 1024 x 1024 and Max file size is 150kb per photo, if they are bigger than that then ICMag re-sizes them to fit those dimensions, maybe that is whats happening with your photos mate, try re-sizing them before you upload them to your album.
OK just checked and under 50 posts the size per photo is 800 x 800 and 100kb. So try re-sizing your photos to around the limits first bro then upload them, I'm pretty sure you'll get better results :gday:

H

hard rain

Hi can anyone tell me why my pics look so blurry ? My camera is 8 megapixel and the shots look brilliant until i upload them ? Any help ??
If you mean the pics in your album then none of them look blurry? What pics do you mean?

Thanks boom. And yeah hard rain that's the pics. Maybe its my eyes ? Hahaha. If they look ok to you I'll leave em alone. I don't know how to resize them anyway.

S

Sat X RB

Bushranger ... if your eyes are anything like my 60+ year old ones then you're getting around the problem nicely! I have trouble TAKING photos without them being blurry! everything looks blurry!!!

Rumblefish

I don't know how to resize them anyway.
M8 if you ever want to know how to do anything on a pc from a simple how do I re-size a pic to advanced programming all you have to do is type the question in a search engine (Startpage.com) for more complicated stuff put "forums" at the end of your question and all will be revealed. This is a good pic program that resizes http://www.irfanview.com/ its free and its safe, Windows Paint has a basic re-size tool as well

Sat x rb your eyes have seen more than mine. About 20 yrs ?Lol. Thanks for the tip rumble if i get a chance I'll try it.

OldSkoolKlein

Look in the manual for the camera. See if it has Image Stabilisaion. If it has turn it on. Problem solved.

The trick I remember when I used to shoot film to prevent camera shake (which is what 'blurry pictures' are called) was 1/film speed. So If you used ISO 100 film, have the shutter speed at a minimum of 1/125 sec. ISO 400 = 1/500 sec.

Even though you don't have film in a digital camera (der!) same theory applies. You might need to muck around with the settings if the ISO is set to AUTO (more than likely as default) and set it to manual.

Or, if convenient/possible use a tripod/monopod or a Gorillapod.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Look in the manual for the camera. See if it has Image Stabilisaion. If it has turn it on. Problem solved.

The trick I remember when I used to shoot film to prevent camera shake (which is what 'blurry pictures' are called) was 1/film speed. So If you used ISO 100 film, have the shutter speed at a minimum of 1/125 sec. ISO 400 = 1/500 sec.

Even though you don't have film in a digital camera (der!) same theory applies. You might need to muck around with the settings if the ISO is set to AUTO (more than likely as default) and set it to manual.

Or, if convenient/possible use a tripod/monopod or a Gorillapod.
:dance013: Great advice OSK :good:

OldSkoolKlein

Good to know that the thousands of $'s I spent on photography magazines & equipment hasn't gone to total waste. One day I'll get around to flogging it all off...

Seriously though, as far as I'm concerned, it's about time I gave a little knowledge back here, considering all I've gotten from ICMag. Maybe it's true if you live long enough, some of the stuff that sticks in the grey matter comes in useful to others.