What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hi

would just like to say hi to all my fellow aussies.Been lurking for a while and reading some of the posts....simply amazing,esp kangativas outdoor grows :plant grow: and high countrys grows are amazing as well.

Many years ago(early 90s) i spent much time growing skunk #1 indoors.I never had the opportunity to grow outdoors as i lived in the suburban jungle known as sydney.In the early 2000s i moved to the northcoast region of nsw and experimented with some small outdoor grows but never could find the right bean for what i wanted.With kids now around i stopped all growing but still enjoyed the occasionally smoke of good local strains but could never find THAT 1 seed.That was until late last year,i was given a handful of seeds that are from a local grower whos been growing the same strain for along time,definite sat dom with a very citrus smell during grow.Im hoping they succeed for me although im being extremely cautious and going small due to the incessant tin birds that seem to patrol the entire mountains/hinterlands out the back of the my local region with so much regulatory that they are more reliable then the sydney train system....anyways fingers crossed...

So to everyone here i look forward to watching and reading your posts and hope i can contribute with relevance on some of the posts...

:gday:

Wazz

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:gday: Welcome Wazz :wave:
Yeah mate you have to watch out for those bastard tin birds, they'll ruin your day in no time at all :yoinks:
:smoke out:

vostok

Veteran
47 degree heat just last week what is that in F?....anyways mate to hot to grow out doors or loose in a bush fire, keep ya summer grows inside and the winter grows out, stay at veg with those junky bunnings solar lights ...lol you be right mate!

T

ThirstyKenny

Gday there Wazz great to meet you mate. I'm new here also but the blokes have already made me feel very welcome. Good luck with your outdoor grow. The local buds you talk about sound lovely! Nothing like good Ozzie bush. Shame it's so hard to find these days.

Hope to see you around the pages Wazz. Take care

Kenny

thanx for the welcome guys...just curious to know if the original shunk #1 i was growing in the early 90s still exists as it did back then,ive tried a few buds over the last few years that were supposed to be it but they werent even in the same class...im trying to find my old polaroids i have of them but am having no luck yet

penguin those micro grows are awesome,was thinking of doing something similar,has inspired me to give it a shot as i see it as a challenge in the small space,wish i had the guts to order seeds though,i suffer anxiety and the thought of waiting for beans and will they get through would probably see me in hospital with full panic attacks...:noway:

S

Sat X RB

g'day Cobber.

yeah, I agree ... the anxiety IS sometimes hard to master.

cheers!

Penguin59

penguin those micro grows are awesome,was thinking of doing something similar,has inspired me to give it a shot as i see it as a challenge in the small space,wish i had the guts to order seeds though,i suffer anxiety and the thought of waiting for beans and will they get through would probably see me in hospital with full panic attacks...:noway:

Haha yep you're right about the challenge mate. Micro growing sure separates the men from the boys :p

About ordering beans online, for what it's worth, I have never had a failure myself. If ordering from a reputable seed bank, each order takes exactly 1 week to arrive in Aus after the order is placed.

If you're willing to take the plunge, just don't order any more than 1 pack of 5 or 10 at a time and you will be golden. Good luck!

penguin...i think i want to try an order but my dilemma is working out what i want,things have changed so much since i grew indoors,the strains available now are amazing,just need to work out which seeds to get...guessing a indica dominate would be best for micro although i would like to try 1 sprawling long flowering sativa,so many choices out there,its almost daunting...got any recommendations???

Penguin59

Glad to hear you're up for taking the plunge mate, great stuff! I would definitely recommend an indica dom variety. They're just geared for indoor setups and won't get too out of hand if you're short on space like me :dance013:

If you're just out for getting bud then go with some feminised indica varieties from the larger commercial breeders like Nirvana, Green House Seeds or Sensi Seeds. Can't really go wrong with any of those. They have the resources to give their customers seeds with great germ rates, high yield and robust plants.

I can't give any recommendations on a long-flowering sativa variety as I've never grown one :laughing:

Good luck buddy, let us know which way you end up going.

thanx penguin,i was definitely looking at nirvana,i think the sat will be harder to choose,might end up throwing them outside if i get some

Latest posts

Latest posts