What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Medical Marijuana submissions for NSW

OldSkoolKlein

This was from a tweet sent by Wil Anderson.

http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/parlment/committee.nsf/0/7641E8D87AC53FB3CA257ABF00134E57

Submissions close 15 FEB 2013.

So any interested parties who know what they're on about (counts me out) have a bit of time to get over Xmas/New Year and start hitting the keyboards.

I wonder how much of the info used in various states in the U.S. that helped them in their legalisation fights would be applicable here?

Has anyone had any dealings with the govt in this sort of thing (not to do with pot necessarily) that makes them take more notice of certain things than others? Like, 'say this sort of stuff, in this way, and they will take you more seriously' as opposed to a whole bunch of stoners saying 'Awwww come on, blah blah'.

Anyone out there willing to be a devils advocate to refine the process before submissions are made?

There are a list of things they want to look at in the inquiry that is listed at the link above. Under the SUBMISSIONS heading, there is a guide on how to make submissions. I think that we need to look at that & base our arguments on that template.

We need to list the positives first, then the devil's advocates come in and try to destroy the points. Then they are refined, so the opposition is weakened/made to look foolish. But whatever we say on either side (ESPECIALLY for the pro-medical side) has to be backed up. References, quotes from law enforcement, experience from the States that shows things got better for it being legalised.

One thing that comes to mind is costs. Cost of enforcement (with prohibition) vs costs with regulation. Money talks in them places.

I hope some people see this and something can get done. Even if you aren't in N.S.W., or Australia for that matter, any help will be appreciated.

Apologies if this reads a little all over the shop, but I'm here on TOR, and have to toggle with normal window to look at the webpage to try and write shit here. In my uni days, this post would be a rough 1st draft (out of 3-4 drafts). Some days I much rather handwrite posts b4 typing, but I only have so much time on this earth like the rest of humanity...

Ok, I shall be off like a bucket of prawns in the sun now.

MERRY XMAS to all!

OldSkoolKlein.

KITCHA

Veteran
Bump, hope we have some peeps putting forward some quality responses for this might try pen something together. This is our chance!

T

ThirstyKenny

Gday mate looks bloody good. How much interest has there been?

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:good: Great thread OSK :good:
Wish I could put something together but it would be laughed at by the powers that be who would read it, hopefully some aussies out there are better equipped with their vocabulary and can pen something down to help out with this amazing opportunity :gday:
:smoke out:

Latest posts

Latest posts