What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I was locked out of ICMAG!

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its all good we were blocked by mistake by Skip, as you said Sea.

Dont need to chew the ear off of some poor drone on the phone now... thank god i really hate talking to people on the phone. :smoke:

OldSkoolKlein

Same problem here as well. Getting those 'access denied' messages. I remembered i had TOR and all works OK at the moment.

SilverSurfer, if TOR doesn't work for you, like it didn't for me 1st time, try downloading it to a usb stick. When you see the download link, RIGHT CLICK and click 'Save Link As...' Then you are able to save it to your USB stick, rather than automatically to your hard disk, which may be giving you the errors, cos it's Micro$oft.

Better go, WAY TOO much reading to catch up on. It's a bloody full time job almost, hanging out here.

P.S. If Skip or whomever received my petty whinge about not being able to get on here, please discard to your digital filing cabinet. ta.

Mullabor

Woohoo!! I'm allowed back in!! :D

Only just recently made my first post and next day my access was denied.

Was thinking' damn, i've only said hello, how could that offend anyone??' lol

Cheers admin for sorting that out :)

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
So was I, for about 5 days. A V bulletin said "Access Denied".

I thought I must have done something naughty without realizing it and got the impression I was banned.

So I said to myself "shit happens" and forgot about it until now. So I guess I haven't been banned.

WelderDan

Veteran
To err is human, but to really f*ck things up requires a computer

Glad i don't work in that field any more

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
I had the same issue, only noticed it happen on 1 day. would keep sending me back to ICmag home with an access denied error coming up.

I am also iinet aswel hmmmm!

OldSkoolKlein

Half your luck peoples! I'm with TPG, it's still locking me out, so I'll use TOR until I forget 1 day soon and it actually works.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I have read about TOR before but assumed it would be a pain in the ass and would slow me down too much?
Hi, Tor is easy, all you need is a USB stick, go to the tor site, click download, and it just about sets itself up.
The advantage of the USB stick is you can take it and use it on someone elses computer.
Seriously, it takes a few minutes to get Tor.
It is slow though, it's almost like going back to dialup.

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey thanks i was just thinking about giving it another go. Yeah cool i remember now, use a usb!

Slow as dialup but? That might just be too annoying! The Romanian thingo is only working now and then.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Hey thanks i was just thinking about giving it another go. Yeah cool i remember now, use a usb!

Slow as dialup but? That might just be too annoying! The Romanian thingo is only working now and then.

Not quite as slow as dialup, but it definitely feels like a step back in time when we are all used to fast broadband.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Yeah PM skip ...
Not as easy said as done when your denied access lol . I could get around the IP blocking with a proxy but couldn`t sign in ...

EB .

OldSkoolKlein

Have you PM skip?

He can fix it for you.

I did PM him, but then I remembered that i had TOR, so i PM'd him back and told him not to worry. It isn't that much slower since I'm usually here after 6pm so it's in that funny time zone where the net down here isn't too busy from business use, but the rest of europe/U.S. isn't awake or busy yet, so I can deal with it.

The other thing is that I can do normal web crap in normal browser, and IC mag via TOR.

Yes it may sound silly the way I'm doing it, occupational hazard of being left handed. We just do shit differently to cope with the right-handed world, and because we can. My excuse and I'm sticking with it...

But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Easygrowing

Veteran
Yeah PM skip ...
Not as easy said as done when your denied access lol . I could get around the IP blocking with a proxy but couldn`t sign in ...

EB .

NOT ?

Mabye it was meant as an suggest about things-YOU can-could do as some things,for keep connections in good shape..

what A shame-you couldnt-unthankfull you are.