What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NY cultivation is a misdemeanor?

Pseudo

just do it
Veteran
i was just looking on normls website and under ny it said ... cultivation - any amount - misdemeanor ..
is this true and how does it affect plant counts.. thanks

medman225

if it is true thats awesome... but it would seem to me they would hav to have some kinda distinction between amounts... u grow 5 plants... i was growing 5000... we both got misdemeanors... i dont see how that takes into account that i was doing way more.

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
ya, just keep it under 99. Ny is still a shitty state, there are fees for everything, at least we have state funded healthcare if you don't have it through an employer. also, dont leave elbows laying around curing and shit. as soon as the stem snaps, the sours out the door!!

actually, if the cops aint trying to fuck u, you might get away with a 300$ health dept fine. thats what usually happens in the trailerparks when the boys get busted for their 10-20 plant backyard grow.

I would still rather live in Mass. best non-med state as far as penalties go.

rbdf

username474

I read earlier this summer about a guy getting pinched for 200+ plants, and getting released on promise to appear. Even in CA that is a 20k bond and, some other non med states 500k.

Wise

Don't be fooled, in New York, cultivation itself is a misdemeanor, but they weigh the wet plants (stalks, leafs, buds, and sometimes roots) as marijuana and charge you accordingly. The only way a grower in New York stands a chance of receiving no felony from marijuana cultivation is having plants that are so small they don't weigh a felony amount, which would only likely be seedlings or clones.

nerd4life

Don't be fooled, in New York, cultivation itself is a misdemeanor, but they weigh the wet plants (stalks, leafs, buds, and sometimes roots) as marijuana and charge you accordingly. The only way a grower in New York stands a chance of receiving no felony from marijuana cultivation is having plants that are so small they don't weigh a felony amount, which would only likely be seedlings or clones.

That is so ridiculous. Now that I'm getting older and really seeing thing for what they are sometimes I hate the fact that i live in nyc. I feel like the citizens can't really do anything here. Ny was known for being vibrant, liberal, and a hub for nightlife but nowadays its just so boring. Everyone is on edge and marijuana is heavily scrutinized. how do you know about the logistics of cultivation laws?

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
He is right been there done that... Do u knowhowmuch 27gal rootball ways.... I fukin do...

igrowone

Veteran
NY can be quirky, here's how it normally goes down
if you're busted for a grow, normally issued an appearance ticket for misdemeanor growing
what comes after varies, some jurisdictions have it as a low priority, there an offer of probation is common
how they weigh varies, i have seen a number of recent cases where it was by dry weight, but this doesn't seem to be universal

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
the above is correct. as long as you don't have elbows curing in the closet you are fine. aint nobody weighing rootballs non-fed in NY. lived here 35 years, and I scour the internet for busts/keep my ear to streets. Plus, only people getting busted for growing in the STATE of Ny are sloppy, junkie types. people getting ratted on and such.

indoor cultivation is not a high priority crime in NY.

rbdf

nerd4life

the above is correct. as long as you don't have elbows curing in the closet you are fine. aint nobody weighing rootballs non-fed in NY. lived here 35 years, and I scour the internet for busts/keep my ear to streets. Plus, only people getting busted for growing in the STATE of Ny are sloppy, junkie types. people getting ratted on and such.

indoor cultivation is not a high priority crime in NY.

rbdf

I think it's not a high priority crime because 1. police don't go looking for it. and 2. because compared to other states in the nation NY isn't really known for having dank marijuana. Meaning that compared to other places in the country we are not so big on ganja farming.

B

Billy Ocean

Don't break too many laws at once, limit your whoreing and yayo wen sours late flowering day 75-85! And stay very peaceful homies

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
so true, BillyO!! Im recently married, and the wife don't partake in much other than wine/booze.

But yes, like my mother always says, "dont break two laws at once, and stay safe, son." LOL. my moms a riot. you ain't speeding while you got a pack in the trunk, you straight. don't drive without insurance, or suspended lic, you be good. pretty much, dont be an idiot, you be alright.

rbdf

nerd4life

^^^ whats so funny?

I mean of course we have good stuff but we are not like a cali where every other toker grows.