What's new

The Best Skunk

Karmic Farmer

Veteran
The Boo still has some Legends Sweet Skunk S1's that Cannabis Cowboy made. They are old, but mine were viable. Highly recommended.
I had really good luck with Paradise Seeds Belladonna a few years back but I'm not sure if regulars are still available.

Peace,
KF

J

Junkhead

The Skunk in Legends Sweet Skunk turned out to be NL5/Haze. Somebody figured it out after the fact...

I have a skunk question also:

Where can I get SAMS version of skunk1? I'm thinking seedsman could have it? Im also guessing Flying Dutchman went bunk because Sensi bought them?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
After some research I gave Seedsman a try with a female Skunk seed. Will run it next. Heard good of his Skunk and that is all I know.

Shit from Mr. Nice is supposed to be the original as well.

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey Mr. Hand, if it is a real old school skunk funk you seek like many of us i'd say wait just a little longer and see whats about to be dropped in the next year or so. There are several companies working on RKS type projects. CannaVenture and TomHill are a couple that are here. CannaVentureSeeds is using an old late 70's Skunk1 crossed to I think some old Killer Queen. RedEyedNReady is working on that project and has found some very funky specimens to work with. TomHill is working with a landrace North Indian known to have a skunk funk to it and I think it purples also but he hasn't mentioned too much about it other than stating he's working on it.

For something now that you can buy and get started i'd say see if you can locate a pack of Cannacopia's BC Roadkill. I'm currently growing this myself because reports said people actually found RKS phenos or Skunk/Death phenos. I'll know soon enough.

Like mr. bunch said its all in what your idea of a good skunk is. Some want the floral ones and other want that funk that'll make you puke in your mouth lol, I seek the latter. Cheese and its hybrids are also pretty funky. GL on your search and take care 1

Dronli

i grew out some jack flash from sensi a few years ago and had a super skunk pheno that was oily lemony dank.stayed in your head for hours,really dreamy about 2.5-3 ozs,untopped vegged for 4 weeks.but man did it smell!!!used to keep it in a vacuum tub but when you opened it up people standing 20 feet away knew you had the goods.i used to crack it open in the pub and close it again just to see everyone looking around for where the smell was comin from-haha

Sessile G

Where can I find a good Skunk that is available today???

Reefermans Seeds - RM Ultimate Outdoor

The RM Ultimate Outdoor is a joint project between Texada Island Genetics and Reeferman. It is a hybrid between Erd-Beer and a very old skunk plant, which has been grown on the islands for the past 12 years.

It will grow to about 6' and can yield over 1lb of super high quality rock hard round buds that smell like road kill; sweet and skunky almost like Burmese. This super quick strain finishes in 6 weeks.

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey Sessil G, i'll have to look into that strain also. The only things that throws it off for me is that you used the words roadkill and sweet together. I'm a real skunk funk fiend and there is nothing sweet about RKS its foul all the way. A problem I find with a lot of modern skunks they're too floral or they are sweet with a little funk. We need foul in your face burn your nose, like what the heck just died hit by a car rotting skunk funk. This is what I seek and everytime I get close to acquiring some it evades me. Hopefully not for too much longer. Ya'll take care 1

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm growing Sam the Skunkman's Skunk#1 and like the way it looks so far!

Karmic Farmer

Veteran
The Skunk in Legends Sweet Skunk turned out to be NL5/Haze. Somebody figured it out after the fact...
No, there were questions about SOL's Sweet Skunk because of a possible mix up in the original trays of Breeder Steve's clones but nothing was ever proven only speculated. Breeder Steve only speculated that a male NL/Haze possibly pollinated one of the pure Sweet Skunk clones in the tray which resulted in SOL's only release of Sweet Skunk. Legends Sweet Skunk reeks like a dead skunks asshole in veg, worse in flower (it will permeate a brick wall).

Peace,
KF

thegambler

Don't waste your time with Reeferman's old stuff.........almost nothing sprouts anymore (old stock) and he really hasn't produced much of anything the last couple of years. It appears he's a has-been.

Best Skunk i Ever seen in my life came outa Boone NC .. Farmer grew it outside.. Shit tasted like the smell of roadkill ,and left u wondering where and who u were! lol

this is what racerboy71 from rollitup said about roadkill skunk hes a moderator over their but I have not heard of anyone else growing that strain.

"super skunk by g13 labs was my first grow, and was the most stinky, foul smelling, raw butt sex skunk smelling shit i have ever grown..
shit was so bad, the second you opened the front door to my place you were hit in the face with that funk skunk.. it was horrible... the only good thing about it was it didn't smell a thing like weed, rather just two skunks having unprotected raw anal sex in my grow..
it didn't help it was the middle of the summer either.. but i'll never grow that shit again.. i couldn't wait for like 2 months for that shit to be finished so i could take it down...
if anyone is looking for that old skool skunk stank, look no further then g13's super skunk.. "

ather just two skunks having unprotected raw anal sex in my grow.. now that is a funny statement lol

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey KF, Sweet Skunk is not NL/Haze x Sweet Skunk nor is it Big Skunk x Sweet Skunk. Can't have the strain you're making as a parent for a F1. It is Sweet Pink Grapefruit x NL/Haze. Chimera and Breeder Steve have said the Sweet Skunk father had to be from the NL/Haze because of the asian expressions thats pop up in the line. Plants that were similar to Haze and its parents (thais and such).

Sweet Skunk may be skunky (certain phenos), most strains have a slight skunky smell to them in flower or what most people recognize as a weed smell but it doesn't have the Big Skunk in its genetics. Slight skunky and RKS are not even comparible. If you want foul skunk look for some Gainesville Green, Skylar Skunk, Shoreline, and Trinity. These strains are sure to please but not that easy to acquire (trust me I know, been on the hunt for a long time).There are others like Colorado Skunk, old Super Skunk stock Pre2k, and also some differing RKS that never make it out of small circles across the US but finding and landing a cut is like hitting the lottery, its a gamble and the odds are not in your favor. Ya'll take care 1

Rainmaker

Running Bohdi's Skunk 91...RKS x Chem 91. Found a skunky..funky..foul..rotten..armpit smelling pheno..no fruit...all funk....I love it. Yields like a mofo..medium density...very classic..long running..slighty foxtail-esqe colas. Been working with it since the limited release last summer..and is fully incorporated into the rotation. Much more to come on this one...