What's new

What concerts are you going to this summer?

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Well, firstly I would like to say that I am a great fan of concert going. Been going to see my favorite (and not so favorite) bands since I was but a young lass of 17. I was in the Navy then and stationed far from home (on the right coast).
Being in the Navy, I was surrounded by others that were, shall we say, more worldly then myself. And as a natural consequence I was introduced not only to pot but the the joys of concert going with pot amoung other things that are also better another time and thread. I also learned a valuable lesson about keeping the joint down but thats another story for another time too.

The first concert I ever saw was Chicago in Norfolk Virginia October1976.

Anyway, since 1976 (yes you can date me if you can do the math) I have since see numerous concerts both headliner (least for my musical taste) and others less famous. Most at large venues though I do love ampitheatres for the sound the best.

I have not an exact figure but it must lay in the 90's somewhere. This is no doubt megger by some and large by others. Both none the less most a great experience each one.

Anyway, on with this... as it turns out, I have some very sweet tickets to go see Chicago and The Doobies under the same venue at a ampitheatre next month.

Awww the memories.

Saw the Doobies at the Hollywood Bowl in 86' I believe (could have been 87')

Anyway, thought I would share.

minds_I

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I got tickets for Zappa plays Zappa, 2 shows this summer. my first was in '76 also Bob Seger Live Bullet tour. coupla old farts here...

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Went to see Tommy Castro and The Painkillers in the concert in the park here in the 707 last night for Father's day.

Love the atmosphere...tree covered shady grassy lawn, people were bbq'ing, coolers , blankets and chairs,smoking, dancing, popping corks and twisting lids. I would estimated the crowd at 2000 if not more. All were peaceful and everybody had a great time.

If ever in the 707, check out the summer concert series in the park.

Great times.

minds_I

terracethehigh

Gathering Of The Vibes, Bridgeport, CT with: Bob Weir/Bruce Hornsby, Mickey Hart, Phil Lesh,Billy Kreutzmann, all separately, (reunion, please), Zappa Plays Zappa, Primus, Soulive, Lettuce, and so many more, end of July...

iampolluted

i missed down this time around damn it. i've seen all the members in their various other bands but not as a whole yet.....1 of these days tho.

b8man

Veteran
I've got radiohead, sigur ros and a local music festival in Suffolk (uk) coming up in the next couple of months.

I used to love going to gigs, but the last few I've been to have been painful. Smashing Pumpkins (well, billy corgan and friends) sounded SO bad, venues are long queues where you're patted down several times and made to turn out all your pockets and generally hassled by yellow t-shirted muscle men who hate the fact you're going to see a band rather than watching a football match. Do they do soundchecks anymore? Festivals are patrolled by security guards to make sure you're not smoking pot or having too much fun generally. Ok... i'm bitter. But I do remember it being a better experience.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
I have never missed one, so I guess I will have to hit up

NorthwestStringSummit.jpg

but this summer it's all about camping for me, and work of course

vta

Veteran
Just seen Van Halen and Friday we are going to see the Scorpions. Couple weeks is Mayhem fest with fucking \m/Slayer\m/ and motorhead. Maiden in August!!

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
i missed down this time around damn it. i've seen all the members in their various other bands but not as a whole yet.....1 of these days tho.

saw them last time at this fairly small place where their doing this year and tryed to light up, within 4 tokes this huge bouncer grabed my hand,, luckily i did some super speed jedi move and made the joint disappear,, he had a shocked look on his face looking at my empty hand and then grabbed some poor kid that'd lit up a rolly and let him off anyway,, i hate this smoking ban crap,, in the old days i'd take 10+ joints go near the front and just chain smoke :smoker:

at one point they took a short break turned off the lights and went to the back and lit up, someone threw a bag at phil as well and he thanked them,, a true southern gent lol

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

I forgot to mention I was at the Doobie Brother/Chicago concert at the Concord Pavilion last week.

Front row center side stage left...excellent seats and a great show.

Had a blast.

minds_I

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have been to joe bonnamassa , buddy guy , deep purple & johnny winter/savoy brown..... this past friday was zappa plays zappa & in september steve vai ......thats it for this year .... so far :biggrin:

Karmic Farmer

Veteran
I saw The Crimson Projekt (The Stick Men, The Adrian Belew Power Trio, and the whole Projekt), also Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper a month back. Saw Kansas with Symphony Orchestra last week and will be at Rush next month.

Peace,
KF

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
saw Tenacious D a few weeks ago at Red Rocks..going to see Pretty Lights tonight at Red Rocks.

Latest posts

Latest posts