What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I have a question about AF seeds.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Over the summer I grew 2 AF sativa, one in feb to end of april the 2ed one from october to end of novmber. thay grew dank buds with pink hairs all over them. great right! the problem is they it also grew pollen nut sacks half way to the end of there flowering cycle.

the question is, r the seeds worth planting outdoors for a spring harvest? I have like 50 or more seeds.
I could even plant some seeds in the woods that r in my neighborhood.

I feel like if I planted some I could atleast get a spring harvest to add to my last years load.

what would u do?

5th

Veteran
What I would do is crack 10 of those seeds and grow indoors until sexing is done. Putting them outside if at all possible during that time to harden 'em off at the same time. Whilst doing that...I'd crack another 10 beans n' repeat so my AF grows are a lil staggered.
Take your hardened off fems, and transplant accordingly. Beautiful looking plant by the way. :tiphat:

Smelly_Cheese

those seeds are likely to herm and throw out ballsacs just like the parent. I would not bother unless you want more herm seeds

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unless they are getting sun all day, it wouldn't be worth it. The buds would be very airy and not worth anyone's time, IMO. All of the auto outdoors grows I have done have yielded me very potent plants but they always end up airy. Auto's need lots of light. In the spring, I just don't think there would be enough sun. The best time to do an auto outdoor grow in to put them outside in the middle of May.

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
Worth it if done well.
It really depends on your local climate and conditions; a greenhouse helps a ton.
I've started AF as early as March, indoor until sex / final transplant then outdoor in a gh and was pretty happy with the results Mind that cold can stunt plants very bad so starting them indoors and hardening a little before moving outside is crucial imho.

GL

=K

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
cool. thanks for the insite guys. I think IM gunna start some indoors them move em out to the backyeard. :D

Big Eggy

Veteran
Hey Cheesebuds,

Is this from the autos that you found in some bagseed last year?? loverly looking plant.

I've got a few seeds form two dwarf autos out of SGS AF #1 mix i grew last year. I've just planted 6 and plan on doing 6 each month throughtout the year for a steady supply.

They cost me nothing so i'm not to bothered if i only get minimal amounts from the early spring harvests.. weed is weed at the end of the day.

The rest of the pack of seeds i brought from SGS will be used during the summer to find some more gems to make more seeds for the future.

BE

Smelly_Cheese

if these seeds were from a "selfed" feminized plat that just threw a few pollen sacs then they should be ok but if the selfed parent was a full hermie throw male pollen all over enough to fully seed itself then id expect the new seeds to do the exact same

niceeven

I'd have to agree with Smelly_Cheese although I can tell you I am not the expert at it. in my experience, the odd bag seeds, if they come from commercial grows, are more than likely to be hermie seeds, right? Yet some of these can kick ass and for having tried a few most of those I did try did not crank out hermie plants. But if you gots like 50 seeds in between two plants it may be different.

Worth giving it a try though. Sometimes these "freaks" can produce amazing results I hear. Especially if it would have been say just a branch or two that hermied, not over the whole plants. Good luck.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
So I planted some of thouse auto sativas. probly gunna plant a few more of them soon.

picture.php

nice plants if you need the smoke then a few seeds in it aint going to make much difference just dont plant them same time as anything else that will get pollinated by them ! those pink hairs are cool !! are they bell peppers or chilli with them ?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
So like there is this other AF seed I have going out there too. and she showed her hairs 2 days ago. woo hoo. and she has been toped. I get pix some time soon.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
the first 2 pix r of them befor I tied them down. 3ed pic is after the tie down. also they r all female :D 4th pic is of the AF ladie i have out there also.

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
up date time. Ok so far there doing good. one of them is flowering just like the one in the first pic top of page 1. the rest r starting to flower now. :D but on a sad note that other lil AF ladie ended up megga hermmie so she had to go.

Ill get pix of all the ladies tomorrow.
This shit is gunna get interesting this time around because u know how phenos grow. its a u never know what ur gunna get kind of thing.
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
update agen. So I tied them down agen and now there getting verry bushy. not all of my plants r shown. ill take pix of them in a few days or so.

picture.php
wol_error.gif
Click this bar to view the full image.
picture.php
wol_error.gif
Click this bar to view the full image.
picture.php

A

auto guerilla

if they were polinated with hermie pollen you should have all fem seed. but prone to hermie cus it happened naturally.

Latest posts

Latest posts