What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Minnesota boy, fed up with parents' pot, helps spur bust

icred

Nov 16, 2011

HASTINGS, Minn. — An 11-year-old boy who said he was fed up with marijuana smoke in his house took pictures of the drug which led to a raid by authorities and sent his mother and stepfather to jail in Dakota County.

Drug agents served a search warrant on the house in Ravenna Township near Hastings last month and arrested Heidi Siebenaler, a Dakota County probation supervisor, and her husband, Mark Siebenaler. Both face charges in the case.

A criminal complaint says the boy told investigators he had complained numerous times to his mother about the smell of the marijuana. He finally took the matter to his biological father, who told his son to take pictures of the marijuana. The father then forwarded the photos to authorities.

Heidi Siebenaler told KMSP-TV that her husband smokes marijuana for medicinal purposes

link: http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/article/id/214830/

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Sounds like karma to me. Should have exerted enough control to at least keep it away from the 11 year old.

schwilly

More like; Minnesota boy flawlessly executes father's plan to gain full custody from "that damn bitch mother of yours."

I bet the father has plenty of things around his place that could get the kid taken too.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol yes sounds like the father put his plan into action.. What ever there case maybe they should not be using it arround kids. Takes 5 min to go outside...

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
she was a probation supervisor, lol

you know, the kind of job where you send people to jail for failing a drug test

snitching is bad all around, but for some reason I don't fell bad for this hypocrite.

schwilly

lol yes sounds like the father put his plan into action.. What ever there case maybe they should not be using it arround kids. Takes 5 min to go outside...

I gotta say I agree.

But holy fuck do I ever keep my mouth shut about it. This issue is red hot and people will react as if you just suggested that their entire family should be summarily executed.

It's a tricky situation as cannabis represents so many different things to people. Medicine, vice, sacrament, etc..

tough issue, especially not having kids

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Well, that boy thought that turning in his mother and stepfather would somehow make his life better. I wonder how he feels now?

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
she was a probation supervisor, lol

you know, the kind of job where you send people to jail for failing a drug test

snitching is bad all around, but for some reason I don't fell bad for this hypocrite.

i have serious issues with hypocrites...

they all need to be exposed !!!

jd4083

Veteran
Unpopular opinion incoming:

Good. Fucking grand, actually. One less inept, moronic, irresponsible parent contributing to our fucked up society. "Medicinal use" or not, keep that shit away from children. Absolutely unacceptable, and I hope he is held responsible to the full extent of the law.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When we are kids are parents teach us to tell.. Kids are not stupid sometimes I get surprised what my son knows... He has been around cannabis all his life. He was never subjected to the smoke or us using it but he has seen it(stoners never put things away) Education is very important and not the kind they get from school..We need to teach them the truth..

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
The media loves stories like this because it feeds into their stereotype of druggie/criminal. There was a story about a month ago in Indiana of a young couple got pulled over. They were basically hot-boxing with their two year old in the back seat. Dumb fucks. Responsible, productive smokers get lumped in with these douche nozzles, and we all look bad.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
actually the child should have been raised properly weather it's smoked around them or not. ppl should raise there kids to be quite, never talk about this subject. its quite hard to hide the hobby if its in your home we raise our kids to be honest that starts at home with them. ppl should explain to there kids what will happen to mommy n dady if some one finds out. shit when my boys where in dare class i had no worries about them snitchn.

when a child tattle tales get beat up
when a adult snitches get stiches or wind up in ditch

jd4083

Veteran
actually the child should have been raised properly weather it's smoked around them or not. ppl should raise there kids to be quite, never talk about this subject. its quite hard to hide the hobby if its in your home we raise our kids to be honest that starts at home with them. ppl should explain to there kids what will happen to mommy n dady if some one finds out. shit when my boys where in dare class i had no worries about them snitchn.

when a child tattle tales get beat up
when a adult snitches get stiches or wind up in ditch

Sounds like you're really raising them right... :tiphat:

I agree with the sentiment, and I admittedly do not have children myself, but the above statement just blows my mind.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my Son makes that choice for himself . If he did not like it I will respect that decision and use out of his presence witch I did anyway. When he was old enough we talked to him allot about it. I wont ever have to worry about my kid doing something like that. The kid in this story did not have a good relasionship with his Mom & Dad.

Last edited:

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah guys no smoking in front of the kids !!! Instead pour a nice glass of whiskey over some ice and pop a few pain pills :jump: