What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Overgrow Australia 2011/12

Allotropy

Nice resin coverage on your WW Persephone. I agree with what your saying on the algae too. Had it before when i used rockwool and doesnt affect the smoke or the health of the plants.

yeah hasn't seamed to affect it at all. :yes:

The frost is just something out of this world. Looks like you found your pheno within the whitewidow genepool.

As you mentioned the algae is due to the light.. it's green which means that it has active concentrations of chlorophyl , as you mentioned if you can get something to block light penetration it will stop it from becoming invasive. As long as it stays away from your res and your res is covered you should be ok. Looks like you don't have a res though, but in any case your water source.. maybe a silver lid lining over the pots etc will do the trick. You obviously know what your doing ;)

:)

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
lovely pic there mr persephone ,
reminds me of a creek not far from here ,
perfect clear fresh tasting water ,
nothing like it ,
i should think it would be more help that anything to your system ..

picture.php

Allotropy

You can tell the water quality is high and often drinkable if you over turn a few stones and their is freshwater crayfish. Looks like a qld creek or at least subtropical. Nice man, the frost on the those ladies nice work have you tried crossing it with something that will increase the yeild and then space out alot of small ones to get that frosty lady. Anyway keep us posted man

jarmon

it goes well , i havent grown any for a while , and not this particular one , but we certainly have had the odd thai plant out there before ..
they can grow 15 - 20 foot tall in a full season , but im hoping these girls flower out with the waning season and finish before august ..

August wow. When you say a full season how long do you mean? I'm guessing you're in the tropics but how long from start to finish and when would you start? I'm guessing I would never be able to finish a thai down here at 31S. Care to show us some pics of the progression through winter?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
August wow. When you say a full season how long do you mean? I'm guessing you're in the tropics but how long from start to finish and when would you start? I'm guessing I would never be able to finish a thai down here at 31S. Care to show us some pics of the progression through winter?

they were finished mid june jarmon ,
too much rain forced them to be picked ,
likely a little early ...

yes its tropical , so forgiving weather during winter and decent day lengths , just over 11 hrs ..
i have a few pics ,, but not sure they were worth loading, bit rushed and they were not very well focused ..

ive grown thai in the southern parts of oz before when i was young,
admitadly they were very late ,
but i did harvest them successfully ,
i might not be so happy with the results these days ,
but i recall i was back then ...

Allotropy

The creek is definitely tropical, and very drinkable!....and the crays taste good too!
It runs year round, and I'm lucky enough to have no one above me.

Re crossing her...I put a really nice Skunk #1 over her a while ago, produced some very nice, heavy plants and a batch of seed. There's several names for the cross....can't think of any of em at the moment...

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/userimages/thumbnails/865/e26d69c8203b272a0a3e9cc5f6d9fc39_865737.jpg?dl=1337520003]View Image[/URL]

Also used a Blueberry .....
Haven't had the time to grow them out....too many other priority's.....
Currently thinking about putting in a batch for outside flowering, to see how they go, got a 3 month window before the Equinox....mainly WW x Blueberry Indica pheno....we'll see! Also got a Blue Sativa I'd like to run.....but it could turn into a worthless pain if I'm not careful!!

Meanwhile the second set of WW have got 2 weeks to go.....lookin just like the first set, perhaps a little bigger....

Yep I hear ya. A good strain to try is Critical Mass from Mr Nice Seeds. A more potent variation of Big Bud. Some of the phenos can get ridiculously phat. Not something you want to grow outdoors the buds will flop over and snap. Unless you get a hardy pheno or you tie everything up.

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah maybe some time or if someone else wants to kick one off i dont mind.

But it has been a wee but quiet round these parts of late...

:smoweed:

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Hi SS, or anyone else that cares to respond to my question.
I was thinking about going to visit relatives in Australia next Christmas. Will it be hard to connect with herb comparable in quality to what I have at home in Humboldt on the East coast from Queensland to NSW? Also is it safe to travel with it up and down the coast?
Thank you for any info you could provide. I can't wait to taste herb from down under.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Hi SS, or anyone else that cares to respond to my question.
I was thinking about going to visit relatives in Australia next Christmas. Will it be hard to connect with herb comparable in quality to what I have at home in Humboldt on the East coast from Queensland to NSW? Also is it safe to travel with it up and down the coast?
Thank you for any info you could provide. I can't wait to taste herb from down under.
generally yes i suspect,
theres not as much indica dom varieties grown here,
much more sativa ,
and the quality can vary a lot ,
though there is some real great herb around ,
now and then it can be hard to get onto...

suggest to be sure keep intouch with folks on the boards,
they will be the only ones with an idea of where your coming from..

Latest posts

Latest posts