What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pink bud x Fruit salad grow log.

Krusher

Hello everyone,i just ordered 4 packs of fruit salad x pinkbud from SGS.I havent received the seeds yet but i'd like to hear some opinions from autoflower growers here.I have 2x600 w hps lamps and my growtent is roughly 2 m2.I am thinking on starting them in 2lt pots and after sexing transplanting in 11 liter pots.I hope to get 20+ females from this batch.Also some of the females will be used for breeding,thinking 2 maybe 3 depending on how many females i will get.Also i am using biobizz products and i wiill go by the book.I think that 1200 w is an overkill for this grow,do you think its better leaving them with one 600??Will 1200 w affect the yield on the positive side??In general i am a bit messed up with this grow and i want your opinions :p Also i am using cooltube and i have an aircondioned space...:thank you:

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
2m x 2m sounds spot on for 1200w I would say!

If I had your space and number of seeds I would start them in 4.5 litre pots in biobizz light mix

Then when they sex put the fems into 11 Litre of All-mix.

I would run the lighting on 24/0 for the first 3-4 weeks and then drop it down to 20/4.

Or alternatively, if you wanted to save on electricity run one light 18/6 , and start them in 1-2 litres of soil then up them to a 6-6.5 litre pot at sex.

I'm growing them now but under 400w, I'm not certain they would make full use of a 11 litre pot, but you don't know unless you try I guess?

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Hey bro thanks for the thread!

Ok sorry but Im a bit confused.. is it 2 sq meters? or is it a 2m x 2m square.

48 seeds should get you around 60-50% females, that is only 24 or so females ,, with the structure of PB x FS they wont fill that amount of space. Hell you could put all 24 in 2 gallon (7 liter) grow bags under 1 600watt HPS. They are AF SOG type plants bro, pack them tight in there, like its parents they are meant to be packed in tight with many plants per light ensuring maximum yields.

Im going to make a bit of a different classification for the True AF SOG type strains that are offered. That way people understand the best way to pack them in for maximum yields. PB x FS dont get bigger then 50cm and very limited branching. They are not large plants so you will need more of them to fill that space no matter how much soil you give them. 11L pots are huge for PB x FS, that is equal to a 3 gallon grow bag the same thing OGRE uses, there is no way PB x FS will ever use that much soil.

Lets work on it and get you setup to get a nice crop, any other strains did you get?

SGS

Krusher

Thanks for the replys guys...Let me clarify some things out...yes man i mean 2 square meters...Sooo SGS your opinion on this one for me is to use one 600w hps yes?Ok with that understood what is the size of pots would you recomend?I believe that 6.5 liter pots as mitch conor said is the best... :) Also SGS I have some other questions to make :p How much yield should i excpect per plant and what type of colouring?Will i get purple plants from this seeds?

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Hey bro, actually now that I know the size, you need to use a 600 watt for each 1 meter.

1200watts for 2 meters will be perfect, you can even go as much as 1.2 x 1.2 meter with every 600watts. About the plant numbers, I was saying you can put all 24 females under 1 600 watt in a 1.2 sq meter. You know I put them at 4 per sq ft (30cm x 30cm) in 4 ltr grow bags, this makes it almost impossible not to get a good yield. But it can get a bit crowed and you have to know how to trim the canopy a bit for best results. I really do recommend the 6.5 or 7 ltr grow bags. Try those and we will see how it goes.

Knowing the amount of seeds for an AF SOG can be an issue, soon there will be SGS AF-SOG packs made for people wanting to run such under larger setups. No sense in buying enough 12 packs to fill a 600watt.

SGS

Krusher

Seeds arrived!!!!The log will hopefully begin by Monday :) grab a seat and follow me to a colorfoul experience! :)

Krusher

Hey icon welcome onboard...Seeds were put into water yesterday and more than half of them got tap roots today.Seeds were transplanted into 3 liter pots and we are waiting for the first leafs to apear.Have a nice day! :)

sirstonealot

Knowing the amount of seeds for an AF SOG can be an issue, soon there will be SGS AF-SOG packs made for people wanting to run such under larger setups. No sense in buying enough 12 packs to fill a 600watt.

SGS

Anything ever happen with this? Just bought a load of feminized 6 packs, cost me a small fortune!

Peace s.s