What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HIGH COUNTRY'S OUTDOOR PROJECT, 2011/2012 BEGINS

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Yes, all indoor grows are on hold and I've got plants that need a mission.

I know the winter solstice has just passed and this may be a little early to say the least, but what the heck, let's get going.

THE PLAN
I have just re-potted 40 female "High Country Indica" clones, some of you may be aware of this.
I want to keep these virtually in stasis, just ticking over, until just before the summer solstice which is 22/12/11 at 4.30 pm.
In the meantime locate a suitable area and prepare the ground.
Agressively top and train the plants in the coming months.
Maintain my mother plants in case it all goes to shit.
Plant out in early December, 2011.

Yes it does sound crazy but I'll give anything a go.

So what have we got to play with?

40 FEMALE INDICA CLONES

picture.php

POKE EM OUT OF THE HIKO TRAY

picture.php

AND IN TO POTS THEY GO

picture.php

I'm keeping these and my mums under 2 36W Grolux fluoros, light on 24/0. These plants have a habit of flowering at the drop of a hat, so they're staying on 24/0.

Sure I could whack an HPS over them but I do not want rapid growth.

With aggressive training I want them to look like my mums.

HELLO MUM!

picture.php

This could be long and drawn out, who cares, I doubt I'll put all 40 out, who knows how many.

I'll show you the location(s), the methods, the plants and the scenery along the way.

LET THE MADNESS BEGIN

Last edited:
Well done mate, your clones look great, mum too :) be a good season for ya with all the work you have put in so far, look forward to the updates.

BUNDY...:tiphat:

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
I have been waiting for this thread for like ever........................................... :) cant wait to see what you have to show as mate pulling up a seat.....

High Country

Veteran
I have been waiting for this thread for like ever........................................... :) cant wait to see what you have to show as mate pulling up a seat.....

G'day shroomy or is that night. I don't know, my work hours have gone pear shaped lately.

Yes, this will be a good test of the COLLOIDAL SILVER process. Considering these are not the original plants but plants produced from COLLOIDAL SILVER seed of the original. The mums these clones came from were grown from COLLOIDAL SILVER produced seed of 3 original plants.......Shit, now I've confused myself!

So far everything is going to plan. The progeny display the same characteristics of the original plants. They clone easily and are the typical fat little indicas like the originals. The COLLOIDAL SILVER mums are putting out pre-flowers even though they have not had less than 18 hours of light. The mums were massacred with a severe haircut and bounced back to life.

Stress!.....these girls don't give a shit, nothing could make them hermie. They're girls and that's all they're going to be, unless you add colloidal silver.

I'll start topping the clone girls soon and will probably reduce the numbers selecting the best. I hate culling clones, the poor little things.

When I get time I'll get the old KTM dirt bike out and look for a home among the gumtrees for the babies. Not all of them

And I've got another little grow planned in between at some stage.........but that's another story.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
yoooo my friend, im so happy you start a project in outdoor, should be a great session man..as usual from your project so ill be watching closely tha show ...keep on keepin GREEN hc !!!!

High Country

Veteran
yoooo my friend, im so happy you start a project in outdoor, should be a great session man..as usual from your project so ill be watching closely tha show ...keep on keepin GREEN hc !!!!

Hey killerweed, haven't heard from you for a while, hope all is well. I just have to set up protection from the kangaroos and Sambar deer that are running all around the place in these parts. They'll eat anything.

High Country

Veteran

G'day GP73LPC, don't know what part of the ICMAG planet your from but your in Australia now, welcome. I've had this strain for donkeys years but have never done a complete out door grow with it.

So in keeping with the outdoor dirt grow theme I propagated these clones in dirt. No problems, some of my best clones for a while, 100% strike rate.

LET'S CLONE IN DIRT, WTF!

and we will now do this

LET'S GROW IN DIRT

soon to be followed by

LET'S CLONE IN AGAR, WTF!

You know it makes sense!

Don't take growing this shit seriously, I sure as hell don't!

Squiggles

nice one HC
you have done well with the CS

looking forward to you outdoor adventure
by the way ive always cloned in dirt
i ran the ebb and flow table with clay
balls and it went well just alot of fucking around with
a couple of pumps failures and the like now have the table set up
with a float pump under it in a container draing directly outside

and 40 Sog plants in pots in good ol' dirt
the plants havent looked this good in a couple of grows
and now have setup a couple of indoor bio beds
(fancy name for wooden box on casters full of dirt)
a couple of cool tubes hanging from the roof
no fancy tents, aircons or humidifiers
light,dirt and a wooden box "Brillant"
always a pleasure dropping in on your threads mate
:tiphat:

High Country

Veteran
nice one HC
you have done well with the CS

looking forward to you outdoor adventure
by the way ive always cloned in dirt
i ran the ebb and flow table with clay
balls and it went well just alot of fucking around with
a couple of pumps failures and the like now have the table set up
with a float pump under it in a container draing directly outside

and 40 Sog plants in pots in good ol' dirt
the plants havent looked this good in a couple of grows
and now have setup a couple of indoor bio beds
(fancy name for wooden box on casters full of dirt)
a couple of cool tubes hanging from the roof
no fancy tents, aircons or humidifiers
light,dirt and a wooden box "Brillant"
always a pleasure dropping in on your threads mate
:tiphat:

I wouldn't mind having a look at your set up Squiggles. I'm finding hydro too labour intensive and like the simplicity of working with dirt. I can get all the ingredients locally and support my local economy.

I was amazed with the success of cloning in dirt. The clones took the same amount of time to form roots as any other method and appear to be very healthy. 100% strike rate, I can't ask for more. They are developing nicely and I'll show them again to everyone in a little while.

In the meantime I'm heading to Cairns and Darwin tomorrow on a little bit of a road trip. I have internet access in the truck and will remain straight and safe and eternally vigilant as always.

Catch ya later Squiggles.......stay frosty.

High Country

Veteran
High HC, I'll be looking forward to updates! :gday:

Updates to follow Saibai.....the first topping and the mums.

I'll be in Cairns tomorrow then I'll point the Kenworth south to home a day later, it's all down hill. Was going to Darwin but that got cancelled.

Glad I don't do these interstate runs all the time, it's a mission.

Hope my baby plants are alright...they're tough, they'll cope.

Should make it back by Thursday, so far the truck is just purring, running like a dream. The Cat engine hasn't missed a beat.

Stay frosty.

High Country

Veteran
FIRST TOPPING

FIRST TOPPING

Made it back home after a week on the road so it's time to start training the girls in preparation for summer. I want them fit, healthy with multiple branches.

HI GIRLS, REMEMBER ME?.....YOUR CREATOR

picture.php

TIME TO CUT THEM DOWN TO SIZE

picture.php

40 PLANTS TOPPED AND BACK IN THE BOX THEY GO

picture.php

MIGHT BE TIME TO DO SOMETHING TO THE MUMS

picture.php

GIVE THEM A BIT OF A TRIM AND TIE THEM OVER WITH WIRE

picture.php

I thought I would tie the mums over to try and get better overall light penetration. Fluoros just don't cut it in this department so I've also rigged up a 430W Son T HPS for all the plants, mothers and daughters.

The young girls appear to be kicking along. Gradually I will pick the best and reduce the numbers, might keep some as new mums and give the rest, I don't want, to friends.

The days are getting longer, exciting times ahead.

Soon I'll head out into the bush, time to find a home for these girls.

Cheers

High Country

Veteran
so these are going to be veged indoors untill dec?

Correct, I want to top them many times for multiple branching, I want a strong root system and main stems. Hopefully I will be able to slow the growth by alternating between fluoros and an HPS when required.

They will need repotting at some stage and will look into air pots to allow aerial pruning of the roots.

I don't want them going too big on me so they will be pruned to size.

Once they're strong and the daylight hours are sufficient, they're going outside, not in late September, Grand Final day like many people promote, but in late November or early December when they will not start flowering immediately...They will have a proper outdoor veg time.

These plants have a habit of flowering very easily....I'm not going to let them.

Only the best are going out, not the whole mob.

Soon I'll check out location(s). Mind you there is a shit load of snow around here at the moment so we'll see what happens.

Crazy isn't it, planning this early.....but why the hell not.

Cheers, Mrgreenharvest.

this is going to be great, i'll have to follow along for sure..
ever thought about giving them some verticle lighting along the sides of the plants and then putting them outside? i've done a few vertical grows, some with vertical veging and some with overhead veging then verticle in flower, the vert veging is what makes it so special i think, the whole plant top to bottom just gets covered in huge colas, compared to just your few colas going up to the light in an overhead system..

i'm just thinking of this because outdoor you could really make good use of the sun hitting all sides of the plant, would really pull off something nice doing that!

just a thought, wouldn't mind trying this idea myself :)

High Country

Veteran
A WEEK AFTER THE FIRST TOPPING, 4 MONTHS BEFORE THERE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE BEGINS

A WEEK AFTER THE FIRST TOPPING, 4 MONTHS BEFORE THERE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE BEGINS

this is going to be great, i'll have to follow along for sure..
ever thought about giving them some verticle lighting along the sides of the plants and then putting them outside? i've done a few vertical grows, some with vertical veging and some with overhead veging then verticle in flower, the vert veging is what makes it so special i think, the whole plant top to bottom just gets covered in huge colas, compared to just your few colas going up to the light in an overhead system..

i'm just thinking of this because outdoor you could really make good use of the sun hitting all sides of the plant, would really pull off something nice doing that!

just a thought, wouldn't mind trying this idea myself :)

At this stage the plants are not big enough to warrant vertical lighting, in fact, I don't want them going big at this stage. It's a long way to go.

I do have light options and could fire up the old 600W or 1000W lamps in the future.

Here they are a week after topping.

40 GIRLS LOOKING FOR A HOME, ONLY THE SEXIEST WILL GET ONE

picture.php

THEY SEEM HEALTHY ENOUGH, NEW BRANCHES DEVELOPING

picture.php

These will need transplanting soon.

They're going in to airpots.

I just hope those freaking spider mites don't come back.....I better give them a spray.

High Country

Veteran
looks great! The new growth looks awsome, prehistoric looking.

They are a bit prehistoric looking BudgetBud, I never thought of it this way.

These plants are clones of mums produced by COLLOIDAL SILVER FEMINIZED SEED of the original stock. This was done after a spider mite attack nearly wiped me out.. See MY LITTLE SOG GOES 1000W, below, for the details.

These clones are growing true to original stock and are displaying identical characteristics.
  • short and stout
  • typical fat indica leafs
  • very tight inter nodal spacing
  • clones very easily
  • always puts out pre flowers no matter what the light regime
  • has never displayed hermie tendencies and I have stressed this strain to the max
The original plants were identical to the above. Under lights they finish in about 7 weeks. Typical indica couch lock, a hash plant. Pefect for Sea Of Green grows.

I have kept this strain because it is so stable.....very grower friendly it would be an excellent plant for someone doing their first grow.

It has always been a clone only strain until I produced feminized seed....and I've still got some left.

So with all the work I put into it I have called it "HIGH COUNTRY INDICA"

Because of it's stable and reliable traits one day I will breed with it...if I can find the right male plant.

In the meantime time I want to see what it will do under the big HPS in the sky.

I'm starting a little early, I know, but I reckon preparation is the key.

I'll plant them, they will grow superbly and then a bushfire will probably wipe the whole lot out....such is life.

Never mind I've still got mums......ALWAYS BE GOOD TO YOUR MUMS....nurture them, love them, cos if it goes to shit they are your only backup.

Last edited: