What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legendary strains you haven't grown and why

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
Just interested in what "legendary" strains people haven't grown and their reasons for not doing so yet.

I'll go first...

SSH - because it's
1) too expensive
2) don't like the flavor of the samples I've had and
3) too skunky of a stone for me

WelderDan

Veteran
Clone only strains. I live in a draconian state. It's not that you can't get cuts, it's just a real hassle and I prefer a low profile.

I can get any commercially available bean, and plenty of primo beans not commercially available. Price isn't an issue.

If I haven't grown it, it's because it's;

A- An elite cut I don't feel like chasing
B - Not something that interests me
C - I just haven't gotten around to it yet

Legendary is subjective. Just because it's rare, in demand or "a classic" doesn't mean it appeals to me

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
No seed is too expensive, genetics always pay for themselves or you are doing it wrong.

Catpiss lemon haze is not everyones fav, but it can taste fine.

SSh has some fine spiritual phenos, wish I could still smoke hazes, and ironically I got ssh, directly from S, five years ago right before I had heart surgery, no more hazes. Ironic.

Calimed

Veteran
Most haze strains - because beasters from Canada ruined it during my younger years. I do want to check out Tom's gear tho.

Afghooey/Afghan - Never had a sample that impressed me.

GDP - So much of this around or various quality, why grow it?

Bubba Kush - Love the taste, but the high isn't quite there.

Blueberry - Love this strain and have access to seeds...just haven't.

Blue Dream - Never had a quality sample and similar to GDP...it's everywhere, why grow it?

Romulan - I like this strain but nothing has come close to the original pheno. I want something more stable in my garden for breeding potential.

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just interested in what "legendary" strains people haven't grown and their reasons for not doing so yet.

I'll go first...

SSH - because it's
1) too expensive

At 150$ for 18 seeds i would say are not that expensive considering what you get in return...

SSH is one i haven't tried yet but it is on my next order..:biggrin:

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
$150 is a lot of money for some people. Not everyone sells to other people, so just dropping $150 on seeds when you need to buy food and pay your bills can be a real tough thing to do.

Krusher

$150 is a lot of money for some people. Not everyone sells to other people, so just dropping $150 on seeds when you need to buy food and pay your bills can be a real tough thing to do.

I think he means what you get in return ass a whole and not just in the exonomic side of thing...After getting them you can make your own seeds that wont differ in quality as much...you can also take clones...I think what everyone should do is to make a good plan before buying any seeds,then invest(and i mean INVEST in good genes and so..) a fair amount of money for them and then breed your own seeds and have your keeper clones if possible.Then you dont have to do a lot...just wait till something good catch your attention while growing your fine herb from your fine seeds!:dance013:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SSH - because it's
1) too expensive

SSH F2 is a freebie at seedbay... many packs are sativa / thai dom (not all).

Hope this helps :D

ermmmm

sensi's jack ................ bit of a ripp off really lets face it lol

somas nyc diesil .............. same reason ripp off !!

black widow mr nice ............. the bloody seeds sell out before a can buy the buggers lol ....... defo go like hot cakes these seeds !!!

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
At 150$ for 18 seeds i would say are not that expensive considering what you get in return...

SSH is one i haven't tried yet but it is on my next order..:biggrin:

Okay you're right, for 18 seeds, $150 is a great deal... BUT... the flavor of the samples I've had, and the stone, are just not there for me. I get really 'skunked out' on strains with too much skunk in them. And the bud has never tasted good to me. Dunno, just not my thing.

S

SicKSKills

real chem D cause hommies got it on lock....pineapple c99 cause i don't have time or space to look through beans to find it.

BPJR

Long flowering Haze strains such as Neville's, Tom Hills or Golden Tiger...
With limited numbers allowed its hard to commit to such a long flower time.

&

also strains such as Headband, ECSD, OG....and a few other clone only strains. I don't have access to them and don't like to bring questionable clones into my grow.

mrheadie

i would love me some golden goat in my life, but dont have acces to a the cut. i would say toms, nevils, and ssh also but they're bout to be ordered.

maxima32

Sour Deisel- Just cant get my hand on a real cut or Rez's Ibl. Have grown out a shitload of
hybrids although some were keepers just not anything i could call true SD

tosh.o

Nev's Haze just because the 14+week flowering time possibilities scares the living hell outta me...but i may try Nev's Skunk to get a taste for something with Nev's in the cross

luvtogrow

KaliMist from serious seeds was always my first choice to grow (only grow indoors), been pondering that purchase for over 10 years, but wanted my grow skills to be better. Almost got the seeds a few years back but read that they had changed the makeup and isn't now what it used to be. Probably true of a number of top strains from years past.
Nevilles Haze just too long to flower, not to mention hazes are tall for indoors and a bit hard to manage and grow properly.
Luv Mr Nice SSH though(3 phenos tried/grown). But then i like GH lemonsk too(1 of 3 phenos).

Latest posts

Latest posts