What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

He smelled marajuania?

C

Cmobile69

So I was driving around town looking for boxes , about to move, when I was at a stop light I saw a cop pull a car over. I thought to myself he was kind of aggressive u know, I don't know maybe I can tell but it just didn't look quite right. Light turns green and I am off. About an hour or two later I come back down the road saw a cop in the corner store parking lot we locked eyes, well you guessed it lights my tail up? Well I pull over he ask me where I was coming from? Yea right I said why, no answer from him. I give my liscense(sp.) he ask me have I been arrested b4, ok yes, for what I kinda said resiting under my breath and he tried to correct my by saying possession? So I corrected his tail and that was 15yrs ago. So hoe said I smell an odor from your vehicle that is weed, can I search your truck? Dude I haven't smoked in over well a long ass time 20 maybe I just like to grow but that is another story. I looked at him and said no you think I am a drug dealer, he started to say well I didn't say that but he caught himself because he actually was saying I was, ha ha he was right I had an ounce in a jar but you can't smell that, not to pungent when open you have to put your nose up to jar thanks Kootenay, blubonics. But thanks ICMAG Gypsy for the site I learned to say no way you can't search from your boards cool. Saved me a lot of headaches!:thank you:

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so what happened? he never found your jar and you were on your way?

if you are going to tell a story, TELL THE WHOLE FUCKING STORY!?!?!?!?!?!?

oh yeah, and another tip: when you tell a story, try and make sense when you are telling it... a chronological list of events would also make the story a little bit more interesting and easier to take in...

just sayin :dunno:

sounds like he declined the search to the officer and he went on his way with an oz in his truck

good one man try to avoid thoes bastards tho

C

Cmobile69

Oh yea my bad i am here telling the story, so I just thought I didn't have to explain that much sorry. But yes he let me go I am free! You know public school ain't what it used to be.

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
I never engage in conversation with cops. If they ask me and questions at all that isn't directly related to the reason they stop me, I just ask if he is letting me go or if I am getting a ticket.

Of course I never cruise around looking for boxes with a z of bud in my vehicle either.

I don't really understand why you were doing that?

Cheerful

Of course I never cruise around looking for boxes with a z of bud in my vehicle either.

I don't really understand why you were doing that?

:yeahthats I mean, seriously. C'MON MAN! At least 90% of security issues are able to be handled simply by getting your head on straight in the first place. Being aware and abiding by some very simple rules, such as Don't drive dirty unless there's a really good reason. WAKE UP! All the details of your story become fairly irrelevant... it becomes a matter of When, not If, you get busted.

I'm glad you came out OK... and I really hope you take some of this to heart and you take better care of your own security. Peace...

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Yeah folks, riding dirty is dangerous period. If you only ride dirty when absolutely necessary, maybe 5-15% of the time, you reduce you bust while in route percentages by 85-95%.

Iraganji

Did you tell him you smelled bacon?
Oh hell no! Bacon smells and tastes good. It's the only bad connotation with calling cops pigs. They don't deserve to smell so good. ;) I think they smell more like rotting ham hock.

But seriously, that was funny! :D

edit...Cheerful, you beat me to it. ;)

Being smart & refusing a search, And being a smart-ass are two different things. Never cop a tude with a cop! Here's the rules to follow when cops wanna talk to you...

1. Keep your mouth shut.
2. Shut da fuck up!
3. And don't say nuthin

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Lol, my buddy got popped smoking a doob in the bowling alley parking lot in '78. Neither the cop nor his partner knew how to spell marijuania so they wrote "green vegetable material" on the citation. The evidence wasn't retained and the charge was dropped, lol.

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They still write that. Unless they have a field tester in the cruiser there is no way to know if it actually is Marijuana even if it looks and smells that way.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Good point. According to the story, the cops discussed not knowing how to spell marijuana, there was no evidence present at the trial and the lawyer argued the wording on the citation. I recon the judge could just as easily thrown the case out for lack of evidence. Whether that's the case, I don't know.

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
So I was driving around town looking for boxes , about to move, when I was at a stop light I saw a cop pull a car over. I thought to myself he was kind of aggressive u know, I don't know maybe I can tell but it just didn't look quite right. Light turns green and I am off. About an hour or two later I come back down the road saw a cop in the corner store parking lot we locked eyes, well you guessed it lights my tail up? Well I pull over he ask me where I was coming from? Yea right I said why, no answer from him. I give my liscense(sp.) he ask me have I been arrested b4, ok yes, for what I kinda said resiting under my breath and he tried to correct my by saying possession? So I corrected his tail and that was 15yrs ago. So hoe said I smell an odor from your vehicle that is weed, can I search your truck? Dude I haven't smoked in over well a long ass time 20 maybe I just like to grow but that is another story. I looked at him and said no you think I am a drug dealer, he started to say well I didn't say that but he caught himself because he actually was saying I was, ha ha he was right I had an ounce in a jar but you can't smell that, not to pungent when open you have to put your nose up to jar thanks Kootenay, blubonics. But thanks ICMAG Gypsy for the site I learned to say no way you can't search from your boards cool. Saved me a lot of headaches!:thank you:

I have been thinking about this thread since I read it the first time and I've had to come back and re-read it several times because there is something fundamentally wrong with the story that almost makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

"So I was driving around town ... ... I saw a cop pull a car over. I thought to myself he was kind of aggressive u know, I don't know maybe I can tell but it just didn't look quite right. .... About an hour or two later I come back down the road saw a cop in the corner store parking lot we locked eyes, well you guessed it lights my tail up?"

That right there tells me this:
That cop intended to pull you over the first time. Most likely he got instructions over the radio to grab you and screwed up.
The second time that cops was looking specifically for YOU.

I would say that you are pretty lucky.
If it were me? I'd ditch every item that even hints weed to a cop. Odds are that you are being watched.

But I think you know that already.

jd4083

Veteran
Being smart & refusing a search, And being a smart-ass are two different things. Never cop a tude with a cop! Here's the rules to follow when cops wanna talk to you...

1. Keep your mouth shut.
2. Shut da fuck up!
3. And don't say nuthin

No doubt. If you want to try to play like Che and fight the power, make sure you carry a tub of vaseline around with ya in the event that the power fights back. :tiphat:

a few well-placed "yes sirs" and a careful consideration not to come off as though you are making excuses for your suspected actions, along with plain old fashioned common sense and maturity, can go a long way towards keeping you out of jail

by the way, not to be a dick, but jeez TS, way to make those of us who are responsible and intelligent adults look bad. who admits to selling dope on an internet forum? come on man

supermanlives

Veteran
Lol, my buddy got popped smoking a doob in the bowling alley parking lot in '78. Neither the cop nor his partner knew how to spell marijuania so they wrote "green vegetable material" on the citation. The evidence wasn't retained and the charge was dropped, lol.

marijuana