What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

JUST SIGNED LEASE

IC BUDZ

:whistling:Im super pumped me and my two buddy's/ business parteners
just signed a lease on a three beadroom apt. owned by his mother boy do we have plans. we cant move everything in for a month or so. But guys i really need your support here ive been working for 50 hours a week for the last two straight years for my current employer and i just gave a 1 month notice. to become a fulltime grower.

im a bit nervous i cant mess this up theres a lot of people counting on me

PLANS HAVE CHANGED IM GOING TO DO A SMALL SCALE OP TO SEE HOW THINGS GO
pics of VEG. CLOSET ON PAGE 6

Last edited:

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
I hate to burst your bubble, but this doesn't sound good at all.

"There is a lot of people counting on me" - so you've told everyone you know you will be growing, that's the worst thing you could have done

Your renting a house that will be occupied by 3 people, you and your 2 buddies, and the landlord is one of your roomates mother. You can expect home inspections at least once a week from mom dropping in.

Your buddies will be your business partners. I don't think I've ever heard of an instance where that actually worked out, maybe one in a thousand I'm guessing.

How old are you?

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
Positiive vibes bro i don think you should have quit your job but you know better then me.

Ps partners suck... they dont do shit and always want more then they deserve... good luck.
you r gonna grow and live there with 2 other people? that sound alittle cramped

G

Ganja D

If you want success, self discipline is my best advise. Stay on point at all times, set goals and make shit happen. Don't be average, and grow for the right reasons. This is now your profession and being a stereotypical stoner won't get you far. Your job just went from 50 hrs a week to 24 hours a day.
Have back up plans for everything, even for back up plans. If your not in a med state the hardest part of your job is to become the least noticeable person ever. Every subtlety can be a difference maker.
Good luck on your new career. Hope ICM has any help you need.

Peace.

UpInTheCut

Just keep security your number one priority, NO ONE OVER.. EVER !!
other then the people who live there. and even then I would be moving after a crop or 2. No selling where you grow.
Pay your billz on time.
I wouldn't recommend growing in a town where you grew up,other then a big city 200,00 +
If your running more then 1000w get a TRUSTED electrician to do your wiring. You really don't want a fire.
also if tons of people know you grow or want to grow and they know where your going to live, Is just asking for a one way trip to jail !!
Good Luck
May The Gods Be Kind

IC BUDZ

no i havnt told a lot of people im growing. about 2 and a half years ago i moved about 2 hours away from where i used live and sell in order to help my cousin who has muscular distrophy, i am his PCA. most of my old loyal customer have already been informed that im going to be back in business and there expecting me to have some top notch herb, the diffrence is I used to get ripped off on qp prices i mean the weed was great but prices sucked and now im going to be growing it, im just worried about keeping up with the demand and keeping good quality product

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
I'd be nervous too with that plan.
But good luck anyway.

Get some money from it and tell your "partners" you want out, then go QUIETLY start over somewhere else by yourself.

ive been working for 50 hours a week for the last two straight years for my current employer and i just gave a 1 month notice. to become a fulltime grower.

Ever heard "you shouldn't count your chickens before they hatch"?

....IME, it's almost always been good advice.

IC BUDZ

Just keep security your number one priority, NO ONE OVER.. EVER !!
other then the people who live there. and even then I would be moving after a crop or 2. No selling where you grow.
Pay your billz on time.
I wouldn't recommend growing in a town where you grew up,other then a big city 200,00 +
If your running more then 1000w get a TRUSTED electrician to do your wiring. You really don't want a fire.
also if tons of people know you grow or want to grow and they know where your going to live, Is just asking for a one way trip to jail !!
Good Luck
May The Gods Be Kind

mybrother is a journeys men ill have him do all the wiring
and why is the majority of the people replying saying negative things?
i didnt mean to make it somund like im gonna be running some massive op. if thats what you people are thinking
more like a small clone tent or box theres a closet thats about 2 and a half or three feet deep X 4 foot wide im gonna use that as my veg room i have a 400w mh im going to use for that and a couple of 105w CFLs
and then im going to have a 4x8 tent for flowering with two air cooled 600s
so im gonna be running about 2300w with all my fans and blowers
i should try to get a pair of 126w LEDs for the veg room but i need to calculate all my other expense in first i dont think thats gonna happen right now i have a few plants going already and have some nirvana seeds white rhino and ice i also have green house bubba kush,superlemon haze,kings kush,the church < only one each of the greenhouse seeds they were freebies also one dinafem powerkush and i have a lot of lowryder diesel seeds

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
mybrother is a journeys men ill have him do all the wiring
and why is the majority of the people replying saying negative things?
i didnt mean to make it somund like im gonna be running some massive op. if thats what you people are thinking
more like a small clone tent or box theres a closet thats about 2 and a half or three feet deep X 4 foot wide im gonna use that as my veg room i have a 400w mh im going to use for that and a couple of 105w CFLs
and then im going to have a 4x8 tent for flowering with two air cooled 600s
so im gonna be running about 2300w with all my fans and blowers
i should try to get a pair of 126w LEDs for the veg room but i need to calculate all my other expense in first i dont think thats gonna happen right now i have a few plants going already and have some nirvana seeds white rhino and ice i also have green house bubba kush,superlemon haze,kings kush,the church < only one each of the greenhouse seeds they were freebies also one dinafem powerkush and i have a lot of lowryder diesel seeds

2 - 600 watters?...... three people in on it?..... .and you quit your job?.......doomed from the beginning.......:tumbleweed:

1200 watts is not full time, i would of kept my job and did this as a side thing. till maybe you could afford, 8k in lighting, then, maybe it would be worth it......you have a few things stacked against you from the begining.... good luck though.......

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
why not run 5000watts, 1k for a veg with 2 - 2k flower rooms. This way i could you see you cropping 2lbs every 5 weeks, that would be plenty for your biz. Below this I would get a side job??

gomer

Are all three of you going to live in this house as well? Remember each partner will have a 'trusted' girlfriend who will find out. Each girlfriend has their BFF ... and so on. I have a hard time avoiding this problem and I live by myself.
I hope you have money saved and this is partially a hobby for you. Even if you do have money, I'd recommend a part time job at least. Not working at all leads to suspicion and jealousy.

opt1c

Veteran
yeah you want a full time job you need more lights; at least 8 man.... i know a guy who runs 14 600s as a side job... gonna have a lot of free time on your hands... you'll probably barely crop a pound with 2 600s; split 3 ways? that won't even cover the overhead of electricity and nutes not to mention you getting jack shit for 3-4 months of your time; you'll probably have to trim it all by hand; then when everyone realizes how little there is whoever has the most leverage will fuck someone over and you'll have 2 former friends and no job to show for all your troubles.... best of luck though

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Hey IC BUDZ, I'm not trying to rain on your parade or anything, but this is not a legal thing to do in most areas, so there are certain things a person needs to do to protect their freedom.

If your business partners, really are business partners, then why aren't they going to have a grow in their bedroom also? Don't they want their business to thrive?

What if the house get raided? Can't they just deny knowing about it to try and save their own asses? Maybe that's why they won't have a grow in their bedroom.

If they will be growing, disregard what I just said.

Another thing, do you not want the benefits of having documented income? car loans, home loans, etc.. Don't you think you ought to find a means for legitimate income? What if you meet the woman of you dreams and she introduces you to her parents and they ask you what you do for a living? can we say deer in the headlights

I really do want to see you succeed, but you need to think things through a little more, for you own sake. Jail is no fun.

I'd suggest you keep your job as long as you can, after your first harvest, go rent a house to grow in but stay living in your apartment. Tell your roomates you found a cheap wholesaler and offer to sell your equipment to them. Tell them the risk was too high to grow and its easier to just buy from a wholesaler. Change you strains with the transition so they will actually believe you.

Trillion

so how are you planning to split the costs and profits.

even if you get 50% the profits from a single 600w will not get you far.

doesnt sound like you've thought this through

pugnacious

you should of thought this out a little better. 2 600w is a side thing. Not a reliable source of income. get your job back and milk this side hustle.